3DXChat Community

Brain Tumour Awareness Month

Guest Mulan

Guest Mulan

Hello, community!

This month (in the UK at least) is Brain Tumour Awareness Month. I think this a hugely important issue because Brain Tumours are cancer responsible for the death of the most people under the age of 40, yet only 1% of the UK Cancer Budget is spent on Brain Tumour Research. It is also very personal to me. I lost someone very close to me in real life, so every year I make a big effort to raise awareness for this horrible cancer that destroys lives and devastates families every single day. I also have a family run charity which has raised about £60,000 in the last year towards Brain Tumour Research.

To show my support in 3DX, I will be wearing a hat for the entire month. I will also be hosting along with Xanar a Brain Tumour Awareness Party on Saturday 4th March (now complete - thank you to everyone who attended!)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support :)

A "Brain Tumour Awareness Party" ... This chat is getting more and more crazy ...  :wacko:

I wish people would start to think about the feelings of others here before they organize "virtual charity parties". 

A "Brain Tumour Awareness Party" ... This chat is getting more and more crazy ...  :wacko:

I wish people would start to think about the feelings of others here before they organize "virtual charity parties". 

So it hurts your feelings when someone tries to raise awareness for a deathly decease? Then maybe you should better turn to play with Betty and Bob only, they wont hurt your feelings for sure ...

Guest beccie

Try not to show your lack of empathy and feeling up too much will you.

Some people never fail to amaze me...

Credit to Mulan for what is being done - I know this is something that has added poignancy because of a rl loss - but as I discovered when I promoted Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct 2015, there's always a minority of small-minded idiots who can't see past their own narrow existence.

It would seem that "R!ck" thinks that raising awareness of Brain Tumours is "crazy chat"! Well R!ck, as someone who has been diagnosed with 5 multiform tumours as secondary tumours from a primary lung cancer, I think it is important to raise awareness of a disease that unfortunately is difficult to treat and equally goes undiagnosed in many areas of the world.

Of course who would dare think that anyone playing a mere sex game could have compassion, understanding and genuine feeling for humanity right? I mean what feelings do you have here that have caused you to be upset by Mulans decent and noble attempt to raise awareness, a cause which has been close to Mulans real life?

Of course this is just a sex game with avatars that are devoid of feeling right R!ck? Whilst i need no sympathy for my own situation, because as a proud Trans-gendered girl, who has fought hard to break through the gender stereotyping, label bashing and downright ignorant views of people that i suspect you may fit into R!ck, it is because of comments that people like you make, that lead to the ignorance of such serious issues like brain cancer.

I lead a fairly simple life, smiling each and everyday, making sure my friends get the chance to smile too. All i can offer you R!ck is a smile, in the hope that your unsympathetic ass feels uncomfortable enough to tell your brain that if you have nothing pleasant to say, then dont say anything.

Have a wonderful day R!ick and many thanks for giving me yet another opportunity to smile :)

• 2 weeks later...