3DXChat Community

BUG - Can't play in VM

Epic

Hi there,

Recently purchased the game.  I have it installed in a VM with RemoteFX enabled, so it has a full 1 GB of video ram.

I connect to it via an RDP client called RoyalTS.

It runs great, smooth animation, and all that.  The problem I have is the right mouse click.

I don't know if this is a Unity program, but if so, Unity shows this same error in this forum.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/right-click-mouse-not-work-on-a-remote-desktop.417324/

A simple and good fix would be to allow holding down the control button the left mouse click / drag does the functionality of the right mouse button.  Or something along those lines.

It makes the game unplayable, as you can never change the direction the camera is facing.

Perhaps giving the camera an auto-follow feature, where it is behind your character looking in the same direction of your character, that would be a possible solution as well, until the root issue gets fixed.

Just some ideas.  Thanks!

It is a Unity thing. Unity's Input class is listening to the hardware mouse, so any functions using this class won't work properly with software emulated mouse.

It can be "fixed" by writing a workaround class tracking mouse desktop position instead, but it will require the devs to rewrite all such usages, which is pretty unlikely.

Though I did it in my mod already :)

may I ask why using VM?

Just in case you use linux: 3dxchat running really well under linux by using Wine/PlayOnLinux. Tested 2.0 with Debian Jessie testing and Mint 18.1 (Ubuntu-based) and some time ago 1.0 also running well with OpenSuse while 1.0 had some sound issues with PCLinuxOS. But could be fixed I guess,

Well, I was once trying to run 3dx via RDP so that I could stream it on all max from my powerful desktop to the laggy laptop :)

sounds interesting. How was the result? I would guess (but could be wrong) not too satisfying?

Well, obviously the mouse is not working in the vanilla client.

Works pretty much the same as with Unity's defaults (maybe a bit laggy because it's bound to the frame rate) with the workaround, but I haven't tested it much — moved to more coding than actually playing, lol ))