• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 rhet

rhet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

Also, I'm not really sure the 100's of dollars each month assessment would be true. (That pricing is in characters, not words, or even lines.)

If the server requested the translation then every bit of text on every single channel and PM's  would have to be translated into every other available language (or there would need to be a system to be aware of what languages were being spoken in which rooms) and then presented based on language preference of each client. One would get very expensive very quickly, the other would require a good bit of coding.

If the client did the translation then it would be on-demand and probably make more sense, but it would also multiply the number of requests for every foreign speaker in any given room or channel. 

1,000,000 characters might seem like a lot, but it's really not. I'd be willing to bet that 3dx is generating 1,000,000 characters every few minutes. Not all of that would need to be translated, of course.

But, just consider how much translation the client would have to do for all the text scrolling through World Chat every second that it is online...that's going to rack up really fast.

#22 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:05 AM

https://blogs.unity3...nto-the-sunset/

UnityScript was removed a year ago, Unity only supports C# now. Already looked into that. (3dx may be using an older version sure...but sticking with UnityScript would essentially prevent 3dx from using newer versions and is probably not a great idea.)

And UnityScript from what I can see is not Javascript. It is sort of a fork of Javascript, but it isn't the same language and doesn't have the same capabilities.

I'll admit DLLs are a bit foreign to me. I don't do Windows work since it's entirely too slow to accomplish the kind of work that I do. (Scientific Research, and more recently financial processing for a very large organization.)

Well ok, I didn't know unityscript was taken out a year ago, the version of unity we use is older than that.

We don't use it for a game, we use it for 3d presentation software we supply our clients and do not need any new functions, so we haven't bothered with any newer versions.

But I am almost certain it can still be done using DLLs.

I will say here I am sorry for reacting to you the way I have, well mostly anyway.

But I get so sick of guys coming in here trying to say I am full of crap when it comes to my knowledge on these things, and I do really feel it is because I am a woman.

I say that because I have noticed if a guy says anything like it, it seems to just get accepted, if I do it gets questioned every time with comments made like I am talking bs.

Maybe now at least you will accept that I am not just full of bs.

And please don't do what the trolls do in here and have to keep saying that I am most likely not a woman, that is another thing that pisses me off greatly.

Especially as they want to keep insisting it is not a problem for us in here or the game yet they keep doing exactly what they say isn't a problem.

I am a woman, and it is a problem for us because we are constantly being told we are most likely not.

#23 KorbinDallas

KorbinDallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

https://blogs.unity3...nto-the-sunset/

UnityScript was removed a year ago, Unity only supports C# now. Already looked into that. (3dx may be using an older version sure...but sticking with UnityScript would essentially prevent 3dx from using newer versions and is probably not a great idea.)

And UnityScript from what I can see is not Javascript. It is sort of a fork of Javascript, but it isn't the same language and doesn't have the same capabilities.

I'll admit DLLs are a bit foreign to me. I don't do Windows work since it's entirely too slow to accomplish the kind of work that I do. (Scientific Research, and more recently financial processing for a very large organization.)

tenor.gif

#24 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:26 AM

Well Korbin, that definitely shows a RobT level of intelligence.

#25 KorbinDallas

KorbinDallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:30 AM

Well Korbin, that definitely shows a RobT level of intelligence.

Oq4AIR.gif

#26 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

^^ RobT during one of his many bans from this forum.

#27 KorbinDallas

KorbinDallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:39 AM

^^^^^^    fav movie is billy jack

#28 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:51 AM

How does it feel to have to come in these forums using one of your alt accounts.

Must be a real blow to your ego to have to do so, can't think you are beating me up using your schoolyard type intellect to get your rush.

Must be hard to take, not to be able to feed your delusions of greatness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users