3DXChat Community

User-rooms - Curse or blessing?!

Jola

What about having a tag "public" or "private" rooms where private rooms are the actual "only for friends"

No differences for the public rooms but regarding the privates they could be all visible and you just have to knock at the door, then the owner will be alerted you wanna enter the room and he can decide if accept or reject your request. Just shooting an idea

I think its a good idea , but it need a third tag for the rooms "only open for group members"

Guest Eddster

Yes forgot about that

The only problem is that the owner could be bombed of requests :) this system sould be tested

Just adding a kick function would solve this. Without the need to spam someone. Removing 1 distraction while leaving the room open for everyone is much easier.

It's of course in the works. I do think you should be able to open and close your home without kicking everyone from the room. Maybe we will see that when the owner kick function is in.

The user rooms are wonderful! I think I've been able to make the kind of environment that I've wanted to see in-game, and I actually have a reason to decorate my Home now, lol! The homes feel a lot cozier and more comfortable than the open areas, plus there are a lot of cool, fresh ideas that players have been coming up with. I've been really, really impressed at the creativity that a lot of the members have! *cough* Brun, Rochi, wintermute, pierroussss, others *hack wheeze* But, I admit, I'd normally be at Sin or Love Island, but since the update, I've been mostly confined to the Homes. Now that there are poles and controllable music, it's hard for me to drag myself out of my place. 

I think a simple way of making the game seem more alive to newcomers is to put a counter at the log in screen showing "Players Currently Online: XXX" or something along those lines. That way maybe they aren't scared off by empty seeming open areas. Maybe...there could even be some kind of directory or classified system so people could advertise themselves and where they're currently located, if they want. Newcomers could see that other players do in fact exist, and might be able to meet up and find new friends more readily. Hurray friendship! :)

I do think the open areas need to be made more appealing. All of them are incredibly gorgeous and really well designed, but maybe they need more unique features to play around with or some kind of incentive to check them out. They're really good for RP though!

Wonders if we can still call user rooms "homes" . I mean , most of the rooms i visited are a kind of mix between a club and a sex house . Most have the poles in some corners with couches around to watch the show , 2 or more beds to let peoples make orgys . Some put little too much things in the rooms , exemple 8 heart sandbags around one pole and 2 or 3 poles in the room . 

My advice , dont overload the rooms .