3DXChat Community

Taking screen shots

helot

Okay at the risk of sounding very very new. How in the world are ppl taking screenshots here? I know how to clear my screen with the h but then what and where in the world is it saving to? Thanks for anyone that has an answer for me. :)

After you've pushed the button "h" and your window is close hit the "print" button on your keyboard. (Above the arrow keys)

Then paste the screenshot into paint and you can save it as picture. ;)

Press PrtScn or printscreen / print button on your keyboard (next to scroll lock and pause) and Ctrl + V into paint or any similar program such as paint.net, photoshop, it works even with microsoft word.

Edit: Jola you sure are fast!! :ph34r:

One other way I found which I personally have found easier to do when working on a laptops with Windows 8. Hold down your Windows key and then hit the PrntScr button and as it turns out it is saved automatically into your pictures folder as a .png   I am loving this game and I am very grateful to everyone that has been so helpful. Yall are so nice! Thanks again :)

Guest BooBear

in windows 7 and 8 there is what they call a "sniptool"   just go to your start menu and type in "sniptool"  once you click that ....the screen will freeze...and allow you to select which part of the screen you want to save

Be advised ...that if you don't like your screenshot you can just capture a new one by selecting the "new" button.   

Also remember that when you are in game...clicking X is a blur filter...is focuses in the center and on you AVI.   Lastly, the key Z will remove all onscreen elements...so that you are able to capture a more complete area of your picture.

Good luck and have fun,

BooBear

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...