Photo

Deactivating of the status messages

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll about deactivating of the Status messages (58 member(s) have cast votes)

should the Devs deactivate the status messages?

1. Voted YES, please deactivate the status messages (22 votes [37.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. Voted no, the Status messages should stay (23 votes [39.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.66%

3. i don't care about it (13 votes [22.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Those kitty is still here... We definitely need a working moderation here... That's definitely to long. After ISIS in game I reported this is the sad peak of tasteless
  • Felia and Doreen like this

#22 tinanude

tinanude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Those kitty is still here... We definitely need a working moderation here... That's definitely to long. After ISIS in game I reported this is the sad peak of tasteless

It is and i report it too. But we will see if the Mods react

• Felia, darkangel and FBSF87 like this

#23 Doreen

Doreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

I don't know whether to disable the right path. I believe in this situation there will not be the right way, because always someone will suffer under the solution. However, it is necessary to enforce existing regulations and to block the accounts, at least for status reports. There must finally proactive moderators here in the forum. It can not be that always first must be reported from other users.

• Felia, chloe, darkangel and 2 others like this

#24 Shanti

Shanti

𝔅𝔬𝔰𝔰𝑦 𝔅𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • LocationASSylum

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

No offense, but it's always the same people battling on the status messages. Other than that those same groups of people, there's only a few random isolated incidents.

Vast majority doesn't misuse it.

The stars rating was removed, because lets face it, who needs to rate others ? We all on same playingfield... so that removal made a lot of sense.

But remove the status messages ?

1/ You can decide not to post a provocating status that you know will get a reaction. Therefore you are part of the problem.

2/ You can decide not to respond to a provocation, and simply report it. Therefore you are part of the problem.

It's people's attitudes and tempers who need adjusting, not this feature.

You already have the option to lock your status to avoid responses, you already can decide to see only friends' messages.

But you can however ask for a better ignore option on forum that would prevent ignored people to visit your page or ability to post on your status.

• Chilles, Pierrousss, Camden and 15 others like this

#25 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Some people seem to have a no sense of decency... names like the "kitten" one or Isis... should cost them a IP-ban... but thats just my 2 cents...

I don't get it... why do some users always must pull out those personal attacks? thats a discussion thread, sorry originally a poll but got into discussion, until some had to post some senseless comments...

The weird thing is... we discuss about deactivating the status lines... because the german community has troubles with it. How many germans are there in the forum? Whats about the rest of the world?

Guy's we're all adults... i hope at least we are... from day to day, the forum becomes more and more annoying... and one day it's gone, or so restricted that all of us are crying and whining. I think mods are needed... and some regulation about the amount of accounts... binding them to game accounts is one thing but than they also needed to be bound to the IP... one account per gamer per ip...

otherwise the trolling will never stop...

I don't know whether to disable the right path. I believe in this situation there will not be the right way, because always someone will suffer under the solution. However, it is necessary to enforce existing regulations and to block the accounts, at least for status reports. There must finally proactive moderators here in the forum. It can not be that always first must be reported from other users.

I agree with you...............

• chloe, darkangel, FBSF87 and 1 other like this

#26 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

Well I don't share the opinion to punish everyone about someone who abuse the status messages permanently to provocate other players would be the solution :)

In the first view makes it more sense to restrict this rights for this persons who abuse it permanently. But this will also be useless because they will come back with new account and do it again.

If I read some status updates I think many times some stuff should be written in PM (group PM) :rolleyes:
There isn't a general solution who made everyone happy! Only if ppl want could it work how it should.
Personal I don't care about this functions and I wouldn't also miss it.

• Shanti, Camden, pashion and 6 others like this

#27 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

No offense, but it's always the same people battling on the status messages. Other than that those same groups of people, there's only a few random isolated incidents.

Vast majority doesn't misuse it.

The stars rating was removed, because lets face it, who needs to rate others ? We all on same playingfield... so that removal made a lot of sense.

But remove the status messages ?

1/ You can decide not to post a provocating status that you know will get a reaction. Therefore you are part of the problem.

2/ You can decide not to respond to a provocation, and simply report it. Therefore you are part of the problem.

It's people's attitudes and tempers who need adjusting, not this feature.

You already have the option to lock your status to avoid responses, you already can decide to see only friends' messages.

But you can however ask for a better ignore option on forum that would prevent ignored people to visit your page or ability to post on your status.

Very true Shanti.

Next step would be closing down forum completely, huh?

It simply all depends on ppl and on everyone on his/her own.

Fun fact: some peeps actively participating on status wars now complaining about this feature and trying to get mod rights :rolleyes:

But I highly agree on improvement regarding ignore option. An ignore option that is worth the name and not just a joke :)

Like always: just my 2 cents on this.

• Shanti, Veronique, Briana and 2 others like this

#28 analiza

analiza

Weatherangel :p

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

I love you.. all .. stop struggling .. enjoy it here .. there is enough crap in the world .. be happy .. :) kiss

• darkangel, FBSF87, Briana and 3 others like this

#29 tinanude

tinanude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

Very true Shanti.

Next step would be closing down forum completely, huh?

It simply all depends on ppl and on everyone on his/her own.

Fun fact: some peeps actively participating on status wars now complaining about this feature and trying to get mod rights :rolleyes:

But I highly agree on improvement regarding ignore option. An ignore option that is worth the name and not just a joke :)

Like always: just my 2 cents on this.

I agree with you about irgnore function. I think no one participate from status war. Its a silly thing to vote about people and now  to complain about it. It´s my sight of thinks. We don´t know who vote for what and which User are a Game Member or a Troll. And its a good decision to deactivate this feature. But active Mods work very good in other boards. We all have rights and duty and Mods monitor it. To get mod rights its a decision of the board owner. And this decision has to applie to all of us.

• Felia and FBSF87 like this

#30 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

I think no one participate from status war.

then it seems we are probably speaking about 2 different forums :blink:  :D 

#31 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

@ OlliU : "Fun fact: some peeps actively participating on status wars now complaining about this feature and trying to get mod rights"

agree,  it´s  really funny :-))) ...Comedy pure :lol:

#32 tinanude

tinanude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

then it seems we are probably speaking about 2 different forums :blink:  :D

Its my sight. We talk about the Star War not the Voting itself. But you see everyone read or understand it different. We are people not machines.

#33 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Its my sight..I dont use it for negative Voting. If i vote then with five Stars +

status <> user rating (stars)

#34 FBSF87

FBSF87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

status <> user rating (stars)

the "status war" and "user ratings war" had gone hand in hand...

• Girlie likes this

#35 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

the "status war" and "user ratings war" had gone hand in hand...

still they are/were 2 completetly different features.

And user rating is gone in the meantime.

Don't you agree?

#36 Angelina

Angelina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

because this is a german problem, I change to german language.

In this case everybody has the chance to discus with us.

I know that some important and also affected people do not speak english.

Den Status Update als Dienst einzustellen halte ich nicht für den richtigen Weg, damit bestrafen wir alle Spieler und das macht einfach keinen Sinn.

Aktive Moderatoren die unangebrachte Post regelmässig löschen und vor allem schnell auf Reports reagieren, scheint mir die bessere Lösung zu sein.

Spieler die sich nicht an die Regeln halten sollten gesperrt werden, erstmal z.B. für einen Monat als Warnung, danach im Wiederholungsfalle für immer.

Warum man sich im Status Update 3x im Tag sagen muss wie sehr man sich liebt ist mir persönlich schleierhaft. Das kann man genau so gut mit einer PM machen.

Warum man in anderen Threads direkt oder indirekt andere Spieler angreifen muss, sprich weiterhin Öl ins Feuer giesst, verstehe ich auch nicht!?

Direkte Angriffe oder Verunglimgpfungen im Status Update gehören sofort gelöscht oder gebannt.

Schon witzig, dass die mitverantwortlichen für den Zustand dieses Forums nun hier in dieser Diskussion sich rege mitteilen und sich als Opfer darstellen.

Wenn es nicht so traurig wäre, würde ich lauthals lachen!!

Das war mal ein lustiges, informatives und unterhaltsames Forum. 

Einige wenige haben mit ihrem Realitätsverlust und Paranoia einen Pranger daraus gemacht.

Die meisten haben einfach keinen Spass mehr daran, hier etwas zu schreiben oder sich einzubringen.

Mich eingeschlossen.

Bestraft die Verantwortlichen wenn sie's nicht lassen können, dann haben wir wieder das Forum wie vor einem Jahr.

Und wir alle wissen wer die betreffenden sind, nicht?

In diesem Sinne ganz liebe Grüsse

Angi

• Chilles, MarySu, OliU and 5 others like this

#37 FBSF87

FBSF87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

still they are/were 2 completetly different features.

And user rating is gone in the meantime.

Don't you agree?

I agree Oli.

This were 2 different features... but the "status war" led to the "star war". that's what i meant to say

#38 tinanude

tinanude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

:huh:

@ Darkangel. Sorry my failure. You want a vote, now its a discussion. I´get back under my stone. 

#39 darkangel

darkangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

@ Darkangel. Sorry my failure. You want a vote, now its a discussion. I´get back under my stone.

before i made this Poll, i knew that this will end up in a discussion, so no worries Tina.

My intention was to make some ppl here thinking about their behavior in the last weeks. Sometimes this behavior reminds me to a huge "Kindergarden". but thats an other story :D

• FBSF87, Babette and tinanude like this

#40 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Well I've since a long time the opinion some players attack herself with Troll/Fake Accounts :lol:

Because always the same are this "victims"^^

I've also the opinion some status Posting wars are wanted and provoked of exactly this some Members...

What could be the reason? Well for example to show a bad moderation and to get Moderator rights ;)

This Forum had never a bad Moderation, Reports was handled just in time at any time and difficult Topics was handled also very fast.

But about this we should split between true Reports and provoked fake reports :)

Just my two cents about a Forum with 40% off-Topics, 10% Trolling, 30% Provocation and Dramas and 20% 3DXChat Topics  :lol:

• Shanti, Camden, darkangel and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users