3DXChat Community

Why multiple avatars per account?

Jola

Since I’m playing this game which actually is a long term, I’m wondering, why we have 3 slots for avatars.

Long ago it was possible to log in will all avatars at the same time, but well the question is: Why would this been needed? :unsure:

From own experience, I know some people are using this opportunity to play mind games on other players by pretending someone else. Just using an alt for this and hurt those people. If not on purpose then at latest when they tell the truth one day.
The option of having more than one avatar mostly got used for messing with other players. Mostly on purpose what is shame!! :angry:
Serious ... why the hell do people have to hurt others, who are here for having fun, finding new good friends, relax or live out their fantasies?! I don’t have an answer for this and I don’t tolerate it any longer. Not after all this messing up what happened during the last months and still continue.
It seems some people don’t understand the meaning of the little but strong word “No”. This also means, if I break contact it’s the most powerful version of saying “No!”

I’m not going to blame anyone for having more than one avatar, since I also use more than one, but people know who I am and at least can figure it out easily.

Now I suggest, no I demand, that every account gets one avatar for use. This will stop this entire mind gaming, which isn’t good for the community because if people feel mind gamed they in the end will leave, especially those who play mind games don’t have to fear punishment.

And to be honest ... who can play with 3 avatars? That’s nearly impossible [for me at least] :blink:

I for myself got messed up enough from other players and want this will end, because it destroys all fun I've found in here. It also leads to, that you always have to fear a newbie is an alt of anyone who you don't want talking to any longer.

So please development ... take care for your gorgeous game and do something against this mind gaming. It just leads to bad feelings for players and eventually to (paying) people/costumers quiting the game.

And to all those who enjoy messing with others ... think how you would react if people/friends do the same with you and how you would feel then.

:angry: Treat others always the same was like you want to be treaten. :angry:

I totally agree. Its the worst feature about this game and has made me very conscious and uneasy about meeting so called new players. I see too many pretending to be new just because they have made a new alt. It does take the fun out of the game for me and would be the main reason for me quitting if I ever did. Ive seen too many friends messed about by players using alts to hurt them and play mind games. Some have quit over it. I don't understand how people cant live out their fantasies with just 1 character? Unless their fantasy is to hurt others (which is sad, but a fact here I guess).

I vote 1 character!! :)

I agree! People have been using alts to cause much drama. From my own experience alone it has been difficult, and it has also caused many people to leave. No-one pays to be tortured. And the ignore functionality doesn't work well enough to stop this. If the ability to have alts is removed, it will be a better environment for everyone. Because people will treat each other better and think twice before causing unnecessary drama or acting abusive.  We are here to have fun, but for some its a playground for their destructive behavior. And they cannot be identified or removed if they can hide. 

Andrea

You can't removes features without making part of your playerbase very angry and unhappy ... even when I agree with you Jola.

Those 3 slots, we could assume are for RP originally - one for each gender - and not abused the way we all saw.

My suggestion is to fix it like other social games do.

Players set one ID or one name for account that would appear in every character profile he/she create. 

Those IDs would be like this:

-  In friendlist you would have name of character for example Jola ... but you decided to set your ID to Eleonore so it would show there as well ie. Jola (Eleonore), Cryska (fufunny) etc

-  In profile there is space next to About: and could be written there as well.

-  make friendlist global (like it already is with user rooms - you can enter on any character to friend room even if you dont have them in friendlist on that character) but this could also be very negative thing for various reasons that I am not getting into now.

I am not sure how hard it is to implement it but this would please both RP people and would fix alt problem. Of course there is still problem with people who owns multiple accounts. But even IP locks are easy to get by now.

Multiple accounts.. I know a few who have them just to cheat and deceive players here.. I guess they only thing you can do to combat all this is trust no one.. Which is a shame as I know there are lots of nice, decent, genuine people here.. But as in rl, the minority of ass holes ruin it for the majority.. Maybe we should set up thread exposing these people? or would that be against the rules (trashing etc)?

I can definitely see why people might want accounts limited to 1 character only. Freya is right that if someone really wants to hurt people they can still find ways to do it. Only having 1 char might limit their options and discourage them a bit but I think it's unfair to "ruin" things for everyone just to delay the "inevitable". I'm sure there are plenty of people in the game who have multiple characters and don't use them to do harm.

After all, this game is also about living out fantasies. Being able to have multiple characters so you can have one male and one female character for example is a part of that. Heck, I know that I'd like to at least have the option to have a female character in the future if I want to try some other kinds of roleplaying, or for research purposes of course  :lol:

One could also argue that if you're limited to 1 character (1 gender) you're not getting access to the whole game. But I guess that doesn't apply to everyone. 

Don't agree ;-)

When you have many friends, there is a big chance there are some stalkers in it.

Sometimes I want to look for somebody (am I a stalker too now? ;-)). Then I use another avatar to find out where she is. If I found her, I switch Avatar...

I have also a "sister" in the game

3 avatars is also fine if you want to play F and M as well. Hopefully She-Males too soon.

There's nothing stopping PlayerQ from hurting someone then deleting their 1 character and creating PlayerR. With any type of social interaction there will always be those that are less than stellar and out to cause people harm. Maybe some of the people who do cause harm, haven't even done so intentionally.

I know I've been lied to about genders and a person being new, while I find myself unable to continue being this persons friend now because of the lie, I guess I can see the appeal of them wanting to "see what its like from the other side." 

My next point won't set well with.. probably the majority of people who feel we should only have 1 char slot due to people lying. It is not the games fault that you are investing feelings into another player. It is not the games fault that you got hurt. It's not the games fault that an unsavory individual lied to you or hurt you. It's not the games fault, at all. We all choose the amount of time and emotion that we put into this game. We choose the people we hang out with, are friends with, RP with, etc. Players taking these interactions into relationship territory, to the point where they are allowing themselves to get hurt, is not something the developers can or should design around.  Couples growing out of games isn't anywhere unique to this game, as I know many couples who met on WOW, League -- or ones that have happened from meeting on forums or in chat rooms - no game connection at all. Any environment with social capabilities no matter what the intended purpose of the medium, can and will produce such situations if the user allows it to. And guess what, relationships end. The majority of them just flat out end, most of which on a not so happy note, leaving at least one person hurt or angry or any other negative emotion. 

It is not the games fault, the developers shouldn't be held accountable for you as an adult human being having your feelings hurt. 

Edit: I have my main (Brunhilde), a male char (because even though the animations are terrible, fucking men as a man is hot, I've never lied about who I am when I am on him, and have even told people trying to talk to me that I am sorry but I can't pretend to be a dude), and another female that I keep default to help test certain crashes. 

I think that it is fair to say that mind games have been a part of human interaction since the beginning of time. And, let's face it, it's a sex game, so people will always be trying to fuck with you. :P 

But even if you limit it to one character per account, what is to stop these people from just getting multiple accounts? If you think it through, the multiple characters per account is not really an issue. The only way to stop mind fuckers is to call them out in public and make sure that everyone knows who they are. Unfortunately, that only increases the drama, and also leads to false accusations. One more reason why some form of monitoring or moderation is desirable.

But this situation is just a fact of life in a virtual world. Which means that you have to be very careful who you trust. You also have to ask yourself if your own actions aren't putting you at risk and take responsibility for your own well being. 

I can see the pros and cons for having 3 avis now from reading these posts.. and lets face it, the devs aren't going to change it.. just a shame people aren't open about their game play.. If more players acted like Brun and were open and honest about who they really are this place would be much better :)

WARNING! THIS POST ONLY SHOWS MY OPINION! IT'S NOT MEANT TO TELL READERS WHAT TO DO OR NOT! WHO AM I TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO?! :ph34r:

My next point won't set well with.. probably the majority of people who feel we should only have 1 char slot due to people lying. It is not the games fault that you are investing feelings into another player. It is not the games fault that you got hurt. It's not the games fault that an unsavory individual lied to you or hurt you. It's not the games fault, at all. We all choose the amount of time and emotion that we put into this game. We choose the people we hang out with, are friends with, RP with, etc. Players taking these interactions into relationship territory, to the point where they are allowing themselves to get hurt, is not something the developers can or should design around.  Couples growing out of games isn't anywhere unique to this game, as I know many couples who met on WOW, League -- or ones that have happened from meeting on forums or in chat rooms - no game connection at all. Any environment with social capabilities no matter what the intended purpose of the medium, can and will produce such situations if the user allows it to. And guess what, relationships end. The majority of them just flat out end, most of which on a not so happy note, leaving at least one person hurt or angry or any other negative emotion. 

Please correct me, if I understood you wrong, but you seriously want to tell that it's ok when people play with others like they desire? It's true that this is just a game and it's in some way the players fault for taking it too serious, but well ... it's still a social game and it's not tolerated of treating people like this in RL. The consequences are more strict than they ever could be in here.

I guess the chance to get close to a person in here is very high. Maybe I'm wrong with that, but I also could be right.

Sure you have to expect lies all over this place, but believing in the good attitude of other players also won't be wrong. And I dare to assume that every of us comes to a point to think, that this all can't be just a lie, especially when you've spend more time with one player and the "relationship" got deeper.

I think that it is fair to say that mind games have been a part of human interaction since the beginning of time. And, let's face it, it's a sex game, so people will always be trying to fuck with you. :P

But even if you limit it to one character per account, what is to stop these people from just getting multiple accounts? If you think it through, the multiple characters per account is not really an issue. The only way to stop mind fuckers is to call them out in public and make sure that everyone knows who they are. Unfortunately, that only increases the drama, and also leads to false accusations. One more reason why some form of monitoring or moderation is desirable.

But this situation is just a fact of life in a virtual world. Which means that you have to be very careful who you trust. You also have to ask yourself if your own actions aren't putting you at risk and take responsibility for your own well being. 

I'm not talking about those people who want to get into someones panties in here. This is something you have to expect when you're playing this kind of game.

I'm rather talking about getting hurt by getting lied on purpose and this for a long time.

Calling them out in public is 1. against the rules and 2. it won't change anything. Those people find new victims to continue playing games on.

Creating more accounts to have several avatars to continue this might let people think a bit more first. I mean it's money to spend and well ... is it worth spending 60$ for the game per month to have 3 avatars?

And well if this is the case then it's good for the game, because it brings more money.

It's not my job to decide what will happen in here. I just can set focus on things I see as problem and report them. That's what the forum is for and it gives the opportunity to discuss about it.

If I see things different than others that's ok, because we don't need to have the same opinion about something.

WARNING! THIS POST ONLY SHOWS MY OPINION! IT'S NOT MEANT TO TELL READERS WHAT TO DO OR NOT! WHO AM I TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO?! :ph34r:

Please correct me, if I understood you wrong, but you seriously want to tell that it's ok when people play with others like they desire? It's true that this is just a game and it's in some way the players fault for taking it too serious, but well ... it's still a social game and it's not tolerated of treating people like this in RL. The consequences are more strict than they ever could be in here.

I guess the chance to get close to a person in here is very high. Maybe I'm wrong with that, but I also could be right.

Sure you have to expect lies all over this place, but believing in the good attitude of other players also won't be wrong. And I dare to assume that every of us comes to a point to think, that this all can't be just a lie, especially when you've spend more time with one player and the "relationship" got deeper.

I'm not talking about those people who want to get into someones panties in here. This is something you have to expect when you're playing this kind of game.

I'm rather talking about getting hurt by getting lied on purpose and this for a long time.

It's something you have to expect as a person. People are shitty. Please tell me what type of consequences there are IRL for people who lie/hurt others/cheat? Are we talking about the types of beatings and even murders of people who are found out by their less accepting peers for trying to be who they really are or with someone they love? I really, really, hope not. Sure, you can talk shit to your friends, complain on FB, whatever, but really, are you going to go to the police because your partner lied about their past to you, hurt you?

I'm not saying it's *okay* to hurt people, but when you open yourself up to someone, on a game, in a chat, in real life, anywhere, you have to prepare for the possibility they are a shitty person. No one can hurt you unless you give them permission to. Especially online. There is no feature that forces you to trust someone, or spend hours talking to them. There's no way they can hit a button and make your avatar, or you, feel strongly for them. The only way you, or anyone here, is getting hurt, is if they let the other party do it. The rules of any interaction can only go so far, and as long as they aren't passing out your personal information (which you would have to give them in the first place), it isn't against the rules. It would be an overreach by the developers to try to implement any sort of moderation or ways to get rid of these people, as it would be a tax on staff, as well as create an atmosphere of distrust. There's no way to log beyond screenshots currently, one would either need to be created or staff would simply have to take a users word/screenshots for it. Imagine the drama for client site logging and people pasting stuff back and forth more easily than they do now.. *shudder* All chat is potentially being logged serverside, but to be able to launch claims against another player for hurting your feelings and having their chats read? Preposterous. 

As I said in my first post in this thread, I've been lied to. I've also heard stories of other people who have been lied to. There are people here genuinely looking for a connection, some lie to get it, others are open about it. While my mind completely boggles at 'monogamous' or 'serious' relationships in 3DX, if its what those players are playing for, whatever, I've had some pretty awesome friendships come out of some pretty unlikely places. Honestly, though, in a place like this, what are you really expecting? At the end of the day, this is a sex game, created by a company called SexGameDevil. Anything you do beyond use their servers, rooms, and animations, is up to what you want or what you may need, nothing more, nothing less. 

Kill button but that means I cant talk or dance or move.....so ill just stand at the bar and wait for people to go away before I can run round dance and shout....LEGO CAKE!

Im up for just 1 toon....if I tried making 2 toons people would just know with me in 2sec's after I walk in and say Sup they would go nips wtf you doing on a dif toon!...coz im a dick a big dick and world dick im so much of a dick that dicks tell me to fuck off stop and stop being a dick...so ye. And to the people that know me....im sorry you do :wub:

P.s im just fucking with ya, you know me coz you love me!!! :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

Guest AlexanderGold

I have two accounts and use chars of both genders but I agree that the anonymity behind the chars makes it easier to mislead and abuse others. I would prefer a system that some MMOs use where it is immediately visible who the account owner is. E.g. my account name would be AlexanderGold and when I log on as Alexander my name would show in game and on friends lists as Alexander@AlexanderGold then if I log on as Rachael my name would show in game and on friends lists as Rachael@AlexanderGold. This would be a lot harder to use for abusive purposes and easier to implement into the current system.

Guest AlexanderGold

Also have an account gender then show names colour coded based on that. If I was Alexander or Rachael my name would show in blue, if Brun was playing as Brun or Brunhilde her name would show as pink. Green for transgender. Just an example.

I'm not talking about those people who want to get into someones panties in here. This is something you have to expect when you're playing this kind of game. I'm rather talking about getting hurt by getting lied on purpose and this for a long time.

Yes, I understood you perfectly. What I wrote was a play on words. "Fucking with someone" does not mean to want to get into their panties. It means, in part, hurting them by lying about many things for a long time.

Sex is about many things. Having power over other people is definitely one aspect of sex, especially for those who seek a relationship that involves D/s or BDSM. And situations like that are when you are likely to find that certain people don't just want to fuck you, they want to fuck with you.  

It's not my job to decide what will happen in here. I just can set focus on things I see as problem and report them. That's what the forum is for and it gives the opportunity to discuss about it.

If I see things different than others that's ok, because we don't need to have the same opinion about something.

Well, I am perfectly willing to agree to disagree and I don't post here because I want to convince anyone that I am right, either. Just expressing my opinion, too.

But what you are suggesting is to me just about the same as suggesting that people should not be allowed to have sex on the beach. And although I don't quite agree with ideas like "no one can hurt you unless you give them permission," I do definitely believe that each of us has to be responsible for our own safety and well being. Especially since the risks on this server are quite obvious and quite well known.

I believe that people should not look to alter the game just to protect themselves from abusive players. I also believe that people should be able to have alts if they chose to. I myself, I have no alternates. I am who I am like me or not and I feel no need to partition my character for the sake of someone else's feelings. I've come to learn that here you build your character yes with the tools provided but also with how you conduct yourself. I'm still new and have a lot to learn, but what I do know is playing with someone's emotions and feelings is cruel whether here or in real life. Unfortunately it's a part of the game and remember what doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger.

I'm not sure about this. I've only ever used one avi, just don't get online enough to make time for the very few people I know in game let alone play mind games using other avis.

Which btw is mean. Don't be mean. Karma will bite you in the end.

However, that being said I'd be against anything that restricted choice and freedom for others to play the way they want to.

If people want to mess with my head then I might get hurt yeah but that's life no?

For my part I have 2 avis that one is my main and I prefer to play this one. i'm a man and I love men so difficult to play as girl and have the same feeling about the RP :( .

But I love my second avi too, not for the sex because this one have to be "virgin" till the wedding lol, I play Philippa in game but only to have the possibility to use the pole dance for example and to dance as gogo when we have DJ too in locations. Never I try to hurt someone that because I said in the profile of this avi that is a male operator a female avi. 

But I can understand how it's hard to play as gay in game and don't find someone, I stay practically 3 weeks before to have some fun :( but it was not a reason to lie to the people sure it's easy to have fun as girl in it, easier than to play like I had decided to do.

Hope to that the shemale help a lot for some of us playing as women but not so sure. :unsure:  

Like as said Brun it's not the fault of the game if the things are like that it's most a problem of assuming the difference of each other and more poses for each community will help a lot, never I will say that enough :)

hope just that it will be something different in future 

but I want to keep my too avis just for the fun  :wub: