3DXChat Community

Mulan's Musings

Guest Mulan

Epi and I will be hosting an event this coming Saturday starting at 10 pm going through to 1 am UK time. The first half will be dark country and the second half will be music from the steampunk genre! You may be put off by the "country" part, but come along, and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

Epi will be hosting and has been working on her room to get a more "steampunk" theme!

And because I am rubbish with timezones, here is something to help for those not in the UK.

bla_1486850400.png

This has been bugging me.... <travels way back in time> And what's supposedly so wrong with "country" eh? 

yeah, what she said!

Yup. You are right (nice to hear that right off the bat I am sure.) That is was she said. Wasn't actually a criticism of Mulan (Down boy! Down! :D ) I was just, somewhat cheekily, acknowledging her ability to appreciate various forms of music while also highlighting the fact that she seemed to assumed people would disregard a more antiquated form of string based music. Alright?

Thanks to everyone who attended the Dark Country and Steampunk shindig last night. It was a lot of fun and a pleasure as always to play music with the lovely Epi :)

I am a complete noob and forgot to take pictures. Hopefully someone else got a few!

So sorry I could not attend Mulan, I was desperately behind on my study and knew if I log on, I was basically screwed.  :(

Hope it all went well.  :)

No need to apologise you silly goof! Real life is always more important. :)

It went well thank you!

The next event I am planning will be a night of Broadway Musicals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0aX8Jy1tME

Best line ever!

"And I believeeee, that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people..."  :o  :blink:  :D

---

Thank you so much for the pictures, Laura!

The room is made by Sagittarus, an avi of Torax.

And yeah, I don't know how to put this, put my new PC is pretty awesome, much better than Niki's. 4K is just a Dream for Niki (pun alert)   :lol:

Anyway. Enough of this Mulan Cult silliness. I now have something more serious (I am not even kidding).

As some of my friends are aware, one of the topics closest to my heart is cancer. More specifically, brain tumours. In the month of March is Brain Tumour Awareness Month (in the UK, I think it is October in the US). Why is this important? Brain tumours are responsible for killing more people under the age of 35 than any other type of cancer, yet it receives less than 1% of the annual cancer budget here in the UK. This is by no means to say that other cancers are lesser than a brain tumour, but there is a lot more awareness when it comes to breast cancer and prostate cancer. It is also very personal to me, as I lost my spouse to a brain tumour.

Last year, in March 2016, under my previous name of SayaX, I organised the Brain Tumour Awareness Party, hosted by Xanar, with 7 DJs, Xanar, DanielaM, LauraTWK, CrixPL, AmandaHThomas, Epithany, and myself. We had music across seven different genres, rock, metal, ska, industrial, reggae, the 60s, and funk. I was completely blown away by the support of the community. For all the cynics, there are a lot of great people in 3DX. A year on, I am going to be organising another Brain Tumour Awareness Party. I do not have a date or DJs yet, but I will keep you posted.

Through the month of March, I will also be wearing a hat to show my support. It is entirely up to you if you choose to do the same.