3DXChat Community

Mulan's Musings

Guest Mulan

Hello, world!

After much procrastination, I decided to start a User Diary. I am not even sure what I am going to write yet beyond the first couple of posts. Expect news from events I have DJed at, events I am planning, random pictures, random thoughts, bad jokes (like the cringeworthy ones your dad tells at parties), profound reflections, maybe a little personal, and a good deal of British wit.

Enjoy!

I think the best place to probably start is Mulan the character. As most people are aware already, I was previously known as SayaX. People inevitably ask, why the switch? Why Mulan? To which I usually give a canned response of, "What better time to make a change than in the New Year. Don't worry; I am still the same funny, kind, caring, witty, and sarcastic individual I have always been. I have also alway dreamed of being a Disney Princess. I am more cynical than last year, but 3DX does that to the best of us". Which is true, but reflecting back there is more method to my madness. I pretty much summed it up already in the "hating who you have become" topic, so I will just be super lazy and copy if from there!

My 3DX journey closely resembles my real life journey over the past year. I started my time in 3DX when my whole life got turned on its head. I never envisioned myself joining a game like 3DX, but 3DX was initially an escape from reality. I was trying to make sense of life. I have found some wonderful friends in 3DX, friends I still have to this day, friends who have gone beyond the game and been a strong foundation in helping me rediscover myself.

Along with a tremendous turmoil in life, sometimes we make bad decisions. During my most depressed, I have fallen into too many relationships and marriages in 3DX, it has become a little in-joke amongst my friends. My only regret is some of the hearts I have broken along the way while trying to rebuild my life, getting my family affairs in order.

Step-by-step, I am figuring life out again. I am confident about the future. In real-life I have been taking steps to create a new life, to live, laugh, and love again. I have considered many times whether to continue with 3DX, and I did leave for a short period. However, it is those wonderful friends that I mention above that keep me coming back, so I was re-born as Mulan, removing some of the baggage of the past. I feel light, free, and refreshed. I have made a lot of new friends and reconnected with old friends.

The next post will be less profound (I think. Maybe).

I recently became re-acquainted with an old friend, RomanFox. One of my fondest memories of 3DX is DJing at the Headbangers Ball. The music was fantastic (if I must say so myself) and the atmosphere was super fun.

When I met with Roman again, (he is married now to Domonique and all grown up now!!), one of the first things I asked was, "We should totally do Headbangers Ball again!!". Roman agreed. Anyway, a week or two had passed, and I thought, you know, maybe this Headbangers Ball thing isn't going to happen. And then, this Sunday, in Reds crazy Aussie pad, Roman and Dom invited me back to their apartment and asked if I wanted to DJ that evening at Headbangers Ball. "Of course!", I replied.

It was an incredible event, a lot of fun, and I would like to thank everyone for making it an enjoyable evening and inviting me back to DJing. Thanks to LauraTWK, my friend and resident 3DX blogger for the photos from the event below. If you missed it, I am sure there will be more Headbangers Ball events in the future. Check out the bromance between Roman and Xanar! :lol:

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o5_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o10_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o2_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o6_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o7_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o9_1280.png

tumblr_okm0h2zckg1uclvp4o4_1280.png

Final one for today, I promise!

For the longest time, I have been a loyal Mac user. I still use a Mac as I am an iOS developer and I still like the Mac platform. However, when it comes to serious computing power like 3D modelling, games development, multiple virtual machines, and gaming, the Mac just is not designed for that.

After a long and turbulent year, I decided to splash the cash on a new PC :lol:

• ASUS X99-A II motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-6800K (3.4GHz) 15MB Cache
  • 32GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz
  • GTX 1080 8GB graphics card
  • 1.2TB INTEL 750 SERIES PCIe SSD (up to 2400MB/sR | 1200MB/sW)
  • ASUS PG27AQ 27" 4K IPS G-Sync ROG Swift

Don't ask me how much it cost, but I will be poor for a month or two :P

I think it can handle 3DX :lol: . In all seriousness, I am going to be playing games like Witcher 3 in 4K on Ultra or High settings at 60fps and doing some serious development work :P

I think the best place to probably start is Mulan the character. As most people are aware already, I was previously known as SayaX. People inevitably ask, why the switch? Why Mulan? To which I usually give a canned response of, "What better time to make a change than in the New Year. Don't worry; I am still the same funny, kind, caring, witty, and sarcastic individual I have always been. I have also alway dreamed of being a Disney Princess. I am more cynical than last year, but 3DX does that to the best of us". Which is true, but reflecting back there is more method to my madness. I pretty much summed it up already in the "hating who you have become" topic, so I will just be super lazy and copy if from there!

My 3DX journey closely resembles my real life journey over the past year. I started my time in 3DX when my whole life got turned on its head. I never envisioned myself joining a game like 3DX, but 3DX was initially an escape from reality. I was trying to make sense of life. I have found some wonderful friends in 3DX, friends I still have to this day, friends who have gone beyond the game and been a strong foundation in helping me rediscover myself.

Along with a tremendous turmoil in life, sometimes we make bad decisions. During my most depressed, I have fallen into too many relationships and marriages in 3DX, it has become a little in-joke amongst my friends. My only regret is some of the hearts I have broken along the way while trying to rebuild my life, getting my family affairs in order.

Step-by-step, I am figuring life out again. I am confident about the future. In real-life I have been taking steps to create a new life, to live, laugh, and love again. I have considered many times whether to continue with 3DX, and I did leave for a short period. However, it is those wonderful friends that I mention above that keep me coming back, so I was re-born as Mulan, removing some of the baggage of the past. I feel light, free, and refreshed. I have made a lot of new friends and reconnected with old friends.

The next post will be less profound (I think. Maybe).

Nothing wrong with profound. I sometimes thrown in a slice of 'earnest' too, for good measure.

I find for many people here, their virtual life does indeed mirror their rl, and as much as we all see 3DX as a form of escapism, it reminds me of that quote from a film, the name of which I can't recall...'Wherever I go, there I am'

And yeah, as we talked about in-game, I've done the rebirth thing too: hitting the virtual life re-set button for a touch of resurrection. I like to think it makes me little like Jesus... but AnyMessiahWillDo

Final one for today, I promise!

For the longest time, I have been a loyal Mac user. I still use a Mac as I am an iOS developer and I still like the Mac platform. However, when it comes to serious computing power like 3D modelling, games development, multiple virtual machines, and gaming, the Mac just is not designed for that.

After a long and turbulent year, I decided to splash the cash on a new PC :lol:

• ASUS X99-A II motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-6800K (3.4GHz) 15MB Cache
  • 32GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz
  • GTX 1080 8GB graphics card
  • 1.2TB INTEL 750 SERIES PCIe SSD (up to 2400MB/sR | 1200MB/sW)
  • ASUS PG27AQ 27" 4K IPS G-Sync ROG Swift

Don't ask me how much it cost, but I will be poor for a month or two :P

I think it can handle 3DX :lol: . In all seriousness, I am going to be playing games like Witcher 3 in 4K on Ultra or High settings at 60fps and doing some serious development work :P

Let's talk 'nerd'... I'm getting a new laptop tomoz and gone for the same graphics card..... IT'S A BEAST! lol. Same i7 Core and my first ever SSD too. And it deffo has a far better memory than me...

Looking forward to seeing our world in all it's glory rather than through the cavemanian card I have right now.

Nerd and out....

Let's talk 'nerd'... I'm getting a new laptop tomoz and gone for the same graphics card..... IT'S A BEAST! lol. Same i7 Core and my first ever SSD too. And it deffo has a far better memory than me...

Looking forward to seeing our world in all it's glory rather than through the cavemanian card I have right now.

Nerd and out....

So you both will no longer see the sin like that:

larry1-pc_05.jpg

LOL... welcome to the 21th century :P

It turns out I do have something else to muse about today :P

Another old friend, Zokora, suggested a week or two back that we run an event together. We both organised a Live Rock Music event at Adventureworld. If you haven't visited Adventureworld, I highly recommend having a wander. Zokora has done an excellent job in creating something different in 3DX.

Zokora and I were obviously too lost in the music or something like that to remember to take many photos, so this is the best we have got!

A huge thank you to Zokora for allowing me to DJ at Adventureworld; it was great fun! I am sure we will arrange another event soon.

Three hours before the event. The stage was set.

K8WTVb1.jpg

EH9KMVH.jpg

Be sure to check out Zokora's User Diary for a lot more information about Adventureworld and Zokora!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4205-the-diary-of-the-adventureworld/

Oh, and an important update!

My new PC "beast" has been built and is now in testing, so I hope to have my new toy very soon!

(I have not been refreshing the order status every 5 minutes... much)

My friend asked me, "How will it feel to run 3DX 1000x faster?". To which I replied, "Well... I can now cum 1000x faster..."  :ph34r:

Time for a small bedtime story!

So I once met this crazy Aussie in Sin Club. She was sitting with a bunch of other crazy like-minded people. "What are you doing?", I ask inquisitively. "We are the Sitty Down Club!", she replies, in that strange Aussie accent. Needless to say, I was intrigued, and as they say, "all the freaky people make the beauty of the world". With some cheeky banter in the game and the forum, we became friends. That friend is Reds.

To be continued! Sleep well!

Reds!! <3

Aw Mulan, that's so sweet, in spite of you calling me crazy, strange and freaky in one paragraph.  <_<

I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.  We might not have the notoriety of some clubs but as you know we do have extremely lax entry requirements and an ample supply of crayons (unless booya gets the munchies).

Hello, world!

After much procrastination, I decided to start a User Diary. 

I'm impressed how you procrastinated doing something which in itself is probably procrastination.

Over my time here in 3DX, I have been a lot of things, but one of the most enjoyable parts is being a DJ and entertaining people here in the community. It has also relit my passion for music. Whenever I have a spare moment, I will be searching for new music from all sorts of genres whether it be rock, classical, blues, funk, country, EDM, and the list goes on!

I would like to say a huge thank you to LadyLiliana (Lilli). Lilli remains one of my closest friends, and if it weren't for Lilli, I would have probably never become a DJ. DJing and helping a organise events for first Eros Mama Club and then later on Temple of Lust, was a fantastic experience that helped shape the DJ that SayaX (and now Mulan) would become. I would then go on to create The Sound Lounge. The Sound Lounge was a music club where I would invite DJs both old and new to play all sorts of musical genres. Classical and Celtic with RedMelisande. Trap with JessicaX. Funk and electro-swing with Epi. Jazz with Lorelia. Country music with SweetHoney. Hip-hop music with Eugene. Indie rock with AHT. Back in March 2016, was one of my proudest moments when I organised a Brain Tumour Awareness Party with seven different musical genres. Rock, Metal, Ska, Industrial, Reggae, the 60s, and Funk.

A huge thank you to the whole community who have supported the events I have attended and DJed at over my time here. That support has helped maintain my faith in the community and one of the main reasons I am still here. Zokora, when you tell me that I inspired you to become a DJ and helped reignite your passion for music, that makes my day to know I am having a positive impact on people's lives.

Here is some insider gossip as a Mulan's Musing's reader. Epi and I are planning a return of The Sound Lounge with two unique musical genres that I know I have not heard before in 3DX. Also, in March, as it is something very close to my heart and a paramount cause, I will be organising another Brain Tumour Awareness Party. Stay tuned, and I will reveal more details over the coming weeks (I have to tease you with something to keep you reading)! Also, I have mentioned Epi a lot in this post. Epi is more than just an excellent DJ, she is an amazing friend, so keep an eye out for some Epi awesomesauce, but it will take some time to write something that does Epi justice (plus Epi loves it when I stroke her ego)!  :D

Shameless plug! Check out Mulan's Track of the Day. I hope you find something that you like. There is a track for everyone! For the eager-eyed amongst you, you will notice that I completely copy and pasted the first paragraph into the opening of this post  ^_^

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4439-mulans-track-of-the-day/

I'm impressed how you procrastinated doing something which in itself is probably procrastination.

Dammit, Reds! You are right. You are usually right (don't let that go to your head)! Indeed, starting a User Diary is the ultimate form of procrastination where you don't do anything you just randomly fart out whatever is on your mind that day. Reflecting back on our past, asking ourselves deep philosophical questions like, "Why are we here"? I still haven't answered this issue, by the way. I think I came close when I got all profound on the "What does 3DX mean to you?" topic. Another copy and paste (I must come across as super vain quoting myself all the time) :lol:

---

I think we all come here for different reasons. My real life changed very dramatically, so I came here firstly to seek fantasy and escape, yet it became a place to talk openly with people, and where I have also rediscovered my love for music and entertaining people with DJing. 

However, we roam this pixelated version of reality amongst thousands of others. Some are escaping real life, some are searching for something or someone to add to it, and some are even trying to replace it altogether. At the end of the day, all our reasons for being here are temporary. Places, objects, even people will all one day disappear from our 3DX life. I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many rooms have you built just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts because tomorrow is promised to no one. 

It is not that I don't value time with people here. Quite the opposite in fact. However, when people leave, they may stay in contact with friends through the forum or other means. Although, I think most friendships will probably fade away.

We go to school and leave, and we move jobs. There are very few people we remain in contact with after we leave. Some people you only related to in the virtual world, others, with the best intentions to stay in touch, you drift apart. It is true that you may have experiences and memories of 3DX that will live with you forever (hopefully healthy). We will experience love, friendship, and loss.

That is by no means negative. That is why I say, enjoy the moment while it lasts, make the memories count while you are here. Learn from mistakes you have made in the virtual world to grow into a better person in the real world. I speak as a widow, so enjoy the present, because nothing lasts forever.

When we do lose friends and lovers in 3DX (this also applies to real life), it will hurt. We will experience much more losses before our last day on this earth. But believe that we can have happy moments again and again and again.

---

A lot more profound and philosophical to come.

p.s. Secretly, I am hoping one day that RobT changes his signature to WWMD :lol:

Trivia. My very first line on this topic, "Hello, world" drops a subtle hint as to what Mulan does to pay the bills, apart from the Disney money from my movies of course. 

Mulan, had to show your epic vid to our code monkeys and they absolutely loved it :)

"Epi is more than just an excellent DJ, she is an amazing friend, so keep an eye out for some Epi awesomesauce, but it will take some time to write something that does Epi justice (plus Epi loves it when I stroke her ego"

Yes! Stroke my ego! It is a greedy attention starved kitten!

Love you too, you know, dear friend.

Mulan, had to show your epic vid to our code monkeys and they absolutely loved it :)

Glad you liked it! Here are some more programming jokes!

fg7p5WE.jpg

Write a program to save the Titanic...

float titanic;

What is the spookiest data type?

A boolean!

Where did you two meet?

Windows users - the office

Mac users - Starbucks

Linux users - GitHub

["hip","hip"]

(hip hip array!)

int getRandomNumber() {

return 4;   // chosen by a fair dice roll

}

Why programmers like UNIX:

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep

Anyway! Way off topic!

Okay! RobT! Here goes!

On first appearances, Rob appears to be a bit of a dick. To be fair, Rob prides himself on being a troll, which comparing apples and oranges is the same as being a dick. Therein lies the problem. You see, Rob is quite a lovely chap. Therefore on the “Mulan scale of trolling”®, RobT scores a paltry 3 out of 10. The “Mulan scale of trolling”® is scientifically approved and an internationally recognised standard1. Therefore, based on these findings from an independent panel2, RobT must drop the troll label, or try harder.

Now for something more serious. It is true, Rob and I have had our fair share of disagreements. We all have our differences, but what sets Rob apart is that you can send a private message Rob and discuss things as adults (isn’t that a novel idea in a sex game). Surprisingly, he also speaks quite a lot of common sense. I have to keep pinching myself, “Rob just said something meaningful, is this just a dream? Are my eyes deceiving me?”.

For more information on RobT, be sure to follow his User Diary and every other topic on the forum (Rob has an opinion on pretty much everything). I also hear he resides in World Chat, but I am not brave enough to venture into the apocalyptic wasteland of World Chat to confirm or deny these rumours! :P

1  In Mulan’s world

2 The voices in Mulan’s head

—--

Is there anyone else who wants their ego stroking? I am still working on Epi’s, so stay posted!

Oh yes, which reminds me! Hot off the press. I just formed the “Epi Fan Club”. Membership is £10 a month and all proceeds go towards Mulan’s expensive PC habit (I am joking) :lol:

lol me and Fox seem to be getting around xD we're singing/playing at both events you've posted pictures for!

Yay! The Mulan Fan Club. I only have two members - Roman and Dom :P . To be fair, I do have the two coolest people in 3DX in my fan club. *Sticks out my tongue at Epi*

----

OMG Rob! Hahahaha! WWMD :lol:

My life is now complete!

Yay! The Mulan Fan Club. I only have two members - Roman and Dom :P . To be fair, I do have the two coolest people in 3DX in my fan club. *Sticks out my tongue at Epi*

----

OMG Rob! Hahahaha! WWMD :lol:

My life is now complete!

awwww you're so sweet!