[Tutorial] How to use the Forum Ignore System

Tutorial Forum Ignore Block

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Sascha_*

Guest_Sascha_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

In  my opinion many ppl wait for drama, and they feel not good without.

If there is no reason for a drama, they devise a reason. 

It is lied and manipulated with countless avatars, just to invent a new drama. 

Nice day for all of you ♥♥♥♥♥

Kisses Sascha

• Chilles, Girlie and Black Sheep like this

#22 Felia

Felia

Felia ♡ Chloe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Every discussion about improving the forum or protecting it's members is useless, as long as idiots are allowed to create countless forum accounts. It's like fighting against Hydra.
  • chloe, Robi and MagicFoxx like this

#23 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

The User Diary section is, like the name says, more like a blog. And a blog starter normally have moderation rights. Can't see how this intersects with the spirit of an open forum.
Maybe just restrict it to this section if it is possible. And how this can be misused? There is still the report function if someone misuse it's diary for harassment.

For the Diary would this be useful I agree, if ppl use it only for her Diarys and not for provocation and trolling :)
In a true Diary have also the owners the possibility to report unwanted comments with the wish for remove!

In  my opinion many ppl wait for drama, and they feel not good without.

If there is no reason for a drama, they devise a reason. 

It is lied and manipulated with countless avatars, just to invent a new drama. 

Nice day for all of you ♥♥♥♥♥

Kisses Sascha

Well I think this too^^  :)

• OliU and Black Sheep like this

#24 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

I Love to entertain you :D

Everyone knows exactly how the ignore system works.

So why dont use it?

The answer is easy:

They like Dramas ;)

#25 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Every discussion about improving the forum or protecting it's members is useless, as long as idiots are allowed to create countless forum accounts. It's like fighting against Hydra.

Well everyone is a member with the same rights and I think more as the half of all Forum Members have more as one Account.

There is no way to limit Accounts in a Public Forum.

For a Account Limit is a closed board needed and then is it possible to give all paying members one Access but this will also not Fix the problem because many many Members use also Multiple In-Game Accounts :)

• Black Sheep likes this

#26 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Chilles for President!! :) :D

absolutely  agree!!

#27 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well everyone is a member with the same rights and I think more as the half of all Forum Members have more as one Account.

There is no way to limit Accounts in a Public Forum.

For a Account Limit is a closed board needed and then is it possible to give all paying members one Access but this will also not Fix the problem because many many Members use also Multiple In-Game Accounts :)

This is probably why some plattform/game forums have dedicated member sections :) No full membership then no access.

We are in 2017 and could be done. Question is only if it wants to be done and I agree that this would mean some/maybe a lot of work.

• Chilles, chaostika, Felia and 3 others like this

#28 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

This is probably why some plattform/game forums have dedicated member sections :) No full membership then no access.

We are in 2017 and could be done. Question is only if it wants to be done and I agree that this would mean some/maybe a lot of work.

As I said, would this Fix the problem? I don't think so...

Because when all Accounts get an access we would have still Multiple Forum and In-game Accounts :)

About this would a closed board useless and I think also a bit unwanted by the Developers because the Public Forum is also a advertising medium.

• Black Sheep likes this

#29 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Because when all Accounts get an access we would have still Multiple Forum and In-game Accounts :)

About this would a closed board useless and I think also a bit unwanted by the Developers because the Public Forum is also a advertising medium.

True but would limit the pure fake accounts, wouldn't it? Currently all it takes is an email adress. If I cannot get 100% I maybe should try to at least approach to that 100% ;)

Second is another story. Might be not the best idea to mix things up. And btw. not too sure if forum in current state and with current dramas going on is best for advertisement ;)

• Chilles, Felia and chloe like this

#30 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

True I agree, it would limit the non 3DXChat Users but it wouldn't fix the Dramas about trolling, mind fucking...
But at least is this all not matter in a Public Forum because it was never written the 3DXChat Forum is only there for 3DXChat Players :)

I can made also a Mac Forum Account without the interest of use an Mac^^

A discuss about this is pointless in this topic because things like this are only in the opinions and in the choices of the devs.

• OliU and Black Sheep like this

#31 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

True I agree, it would limit the non 3DXChat Users but it wouldn't fix the Dramas about trolling, mind fucking...

but nevertheless would limit number of fake and trolling accounts that are often used to start drama and to mindfuck.

Always better to at least limit some sh... than doing just nothing.

But we all can agree on one thing: it is up to the devs.

• Felia and chloe like this

#32 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

you are not going to stop drama in the forums, its a common thing when all walks of life converge into one space. best you can do is have dedicated professional mods here who can monitor things and start punishing people who start them (yes, even me). Mods can also tell whos on what ip so may even slow down the fake forum alts unless they have vpns and there is also a way to detect them. outside of that there is very little you can do.

just a little side note, the professional mod thing i read in another thread so im not taking credit for the suggestion

#33 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Professional Mods will need to be hired and paid. So it wont happen ever :lol:

• RobT likes this

#34 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Professional Mods will need to be hired and paid. So it wont happen ever :lol:

i always thought they should have mods in forum and in game that didnt actually play the game, that way they have no vested interest or alliances that would detract from them doing what they should do. although thats prob not a widely acceptable thing for most

#35 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

as far as the diarys go, i like them. When i first started doing mine it was more of a actual diary but then after a while you run out of stuff to say in it. now i just rant in it or give my views which isnt a bad thing. Isnt it much better that i rant in it then to post all over in the forums in new threads and cause a big dust up? It gives me a space to speak my mind but also do it in such a way that im not causing major arguments in the open section of the forums. I cant speak for how others use it, only myself

#36 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

@Chilles I just highjack this thread for a small question: would it be possible to change the visibility of the status updates? As a guest you are allowed to view them. I would think it would make more sense to show them only to registered users. Is this configurable?

• Felia likes this

#37 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

Like the protected Forum (Art & Images)?

Sure, adjustable is everything :)

Maybe would a redesign and the adding of new features a nice idea because our Forum is still very basic and there are many more things possible  :) 

• chloe likes this

#38 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

Like the protected Forum (Art & Images)?

Sure, adjustable is everything :)

Maybe would a redesign and the adding of new features a nice idea because our Forum is still very basic and there are many more things possible  :)

Improvements are always good :) For example an event calendar would be helpful.

• chaostika likes this

#39 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

I agree, maybe as Live Ticker, this would also save resources  :)

Well lets see because things like this needs to be wanted by the admins...

• chaostika likes this

#40 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

ba0e46d3711dca4bd83d58dac66e20f6.500x281

[subject loading: activating calendar events + b-days]

means: set up an post with ur event and also add it with a few clicks to the community calendar! like that we will have a good overview of all upcoming events! b-days will be shown automaticly on the frontend and in the calendar...if the admins just simply activate this already existing feature of our used forum board...just like the calendar!

cal7.jpg?id=58457569

press calendar:

• see all entries/events and whats going on today, weekly & monthly with only a click!!
cal5.jpg?id=58455484

press on any event in the calendar and see all its details!!

cal3.jpg?id=58434904

multiple calendars´can also be added and embedded:
  • for example 1 calandar for SexGameDevils anouncements!!
  • and 1 calandar for the community events, as seen below!!

calendar.jpg

Multiple Calendars
Administrators can create multiple calendars, each with different permissions. Create a public calendar, and private ones for staff or other priviledged member groups.

Calendar Subscriptions
Calendar supports the iCal standard, meaning it's possible to both subscribe to events with Calendar, and also import events from other calendar applications, like Apple iCalendar and Google Calendar.

https://www.invision...s/apps#calendar

2uhnuyc.gif

the yearly forumboard pimpup topic-bump was powered by

tw.jpg?id=92928108

Angel|Devil Films & Parachute Records ®

• Chilles, OliU and Elenn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tutorial, Forum, Ignore, Block

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users