3DXChat Community

Dear Devs, please take this community seriously again

Michaello

On the last question... well I've tried using unity with source control.... it is... far from perfect. My guess is they decided with less people to not implement much by the way of branching strategies so probably working in the same branch all the time... meaning you can't release piecemeal changes without also releasing game breaking changes if another piece of work is in mid development.

That's my feeling what is happening here.

You could mitigate this using feature toggles and iterative changes of course... but I doubt they are using agile or any methodology like this.

Guest Twiggy

Oh yes I know, but that still does not stop Lisa from creating new items for the game.

While gizmo works on coding she could still easily do the 1 animation or 1 piece of clothing a week, which by the way as people now know is not much work, easily done in far less than a week.

If she did that over this last long session of coding, which is out to 3 months now, when Gizmo finishes his coding he then adds the new items, whic again involves very little work.

Then each time we have one of these long waits for an update, at least we get our moneys worth in the finish.

It is obvious for what ever reason that the devs do not invest much of thier time into support of this game.

People go on about we pay to play, and if we don't like it then leave, lots of crap thrown at anyone that complains about the lack of support.

All of us invest our time into this game, we don't just play, we create friendships and learn how to sirvive in 3DXChat.

I myself feel like I have spent a huge amount of time doing my part in a project and someone is spoiling it for me because they are not doing thier part.

Kind of like we all worked hard to make a nice landscaped park area, we have loved going there to hang with each other but the persons whos job it is to water it is failing to do so.

Some who helped create it are brining in water in watering cans but it is only enough to keep small sections alive.

We have asked for the keys to the sprinkler system but they won't give them to us.

Not only aren't new plants coming up, but the established ones are getting old and dieing.

Kind of a funny way to explain things I know, but hey it is early in the morning here and the creativity in me is slow to start.

I don't understand why people are bothering posting about the lack of communication.

Any thread with open criticism towards these developers has 3 possible endings:

1. The thread gets either completely or partially deleted as if nothing happened.

2. The thread gets locked with some generic response like "Hey, don't use mods! :D"

3. The thread gets completely ignored until it dies.

It's very clear the developers do not care about this game or its community and they're simply letting it generate revenue from new subscribers.

So why should any of us waste time providing feedback?

Personally, I'm done. Unless something drastic happens, which I doubt it will, I'm just gonna ride out my subscription till it ends in a couple of months. Time to put our money where our mouths are, since that's all the developers see, I guess.

Is it possible that Gizmo's posts today about DJing are a sign that things might be changing? That there might be updates and an effort to fix the scary security problems? Announcments from management?

That would all be very cool. :)

xo,

Caren

I think, the game very well serves what the devs have in mind for it, which very likely is to produce a somewhat stable source of income for them.

Our wishes will not necessarily match theirs and we as customers only have one choice: take what we get or move on. Market economy at work.

If FrenchTouch indeed successfully launches her game, I believe many will switch (but then she will still have to avoid repeating the errors made for 3dx).