3DXChat Community

What does 3DX mean to you?

BreeSummers

Guest Fuwakumi

Bree this is a rather sensitive subject to bring up. From reading your post, you could focus on just the positive side of the experience you've been having in the game. :) I know it is very hard to not read the threads that can be hurtful. It may seem impossible to not let it get to you. :(

I don't know the feelings you've gone through but I can still extend out a helping hand anyways and offer if I'm allowed to help. Forums will always have those creating drama, it's the same way like having coworkers who creates drama around you and tries to make you look like the bitch at the office. Trust me I've been there but I know things will get better with time.

Last night while I was in the game, I've met a wonder man who gave me several encouraging words that brought me to tears. I had to be left alone cause I needed time to sort it out in my mind. But every word said was true. If you are strong, never let what others say bring you down. You are better than that. You might have heard that before and if it's getting annoying to hear that, then I'm sorry. :(

3Dx to me is my way out of the RL for the moment, my place to having a social life. Being a single mom of 3 daughters is very stressful but I love them too much that often I stay home and watch movies or play games together. By the end of the day and they are sleeping, I want to have a social life of my own where I can stay home and be close to my babies but run around how I want if say I was at a bar or the club. I can't exactly leave home whenever I want. Where I go I take my 3 babies with me. So it limits the places I want to go and hang out. That's mainly the reason why I'm here. :) and of course to remind myself I'm a woman (with her needs :P)

I hope what I've said has proven to be a little helpful to you. How I handle it when there is drama, I don't respond to them at all. I'll see it but not make any response that will cause more drama in return. Then it can get out of control very quickly.

Welcome in the village with the name 3DXChat :lol:

In some peoples opinions we are all JimmyTrump or SvenObama ^^

There is no general Fix or Patch against this Behaviour of some opinions... 

Fact is it's a Feature of the game to be anonym. Behind everyone could be JimmyTrump or SvenObama :)

My personal general solution is not care about opinions of ppl who nothing know about my person! True friends will like you always.

All other ppl who got her infos of rumours can very gladly set me on iggy ;)

*Names are fictive^^

All is true. I am with Bree all day and try to been her support, i know what is she say i understand her because i am from europe when war happen 1991, we leave our house all things, father get PTSD from war i change 8 schools in 8 years i and dont whant and dont let no one heart Bree with words

I think we all come here for different reasons. My real life changed very dramatically, so I came here firstly to seek fantasy and escape, yet it became a place to talk openly with people, and where I have also rediscovered my love for music and entertaining people with DJing.

However, we roam this pixelated version of reality amongst thousands of others. Some are escaping real life, some are searching for something or someone to add to it, and some are even trying to replace it altogether. At the end of the day, all our reasons for being here are temporary. Places, objects, even people will all one day disappear from our 3DX life. I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many rooms have you built just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts because tomorrow is promised to no one.

I think we all come here for different reasons. My real life changed very dramatically, so I came here firstly to seek fantasy and escape, yet it became a place to talk openly with people, and where I have also rediscovered my love for music and entertaining people with DJing.

However, we roam this pixelated version of reality amongst thousands of others. Some are escaping real life, some are searching for something or someone to add to it, and some are even trying to replace it altogether. At the end of the day, all our reasons for being here are temporary. Places, objects, even people will all one day disappear from our 3DX life. I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many rooms have you built just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts because tomorrow is promised to no one.

I think she deserves an award for that speech.

Mulan has stolen my thunder already lol.

So I'll add something else:

I've been in 3dx on and off for two and a half years now. So what does it mean to me? In that time it means experiencing just about every human emotion that is possible - maybe the greatest of those being utter surprise that an online game can actually create that response.

I came here out of boredom and curiosity. I mostly afk 70% of time, or play Truth or Dare or just talk to random people about video games, anime, real life stuff etc...

Didn't really come here for the "wild fantasies" like some people. If they had PG-13 version of the game I'd play that. I think a 3D social space is awesome. Second Life, IMVU, Achat, and Red Light all kinda suck so I came here! 

Actually I came here as an 18 year old because of personal reasons, but it was mainly because I was into BDSM and liked the idea of not only your body getting dominated, but your mind as well.

Since these two years I have learnt so much about myself and met really good friends. Sad part is that it is like mulan says.

When the time comes to leave forever... You leave alone. 

I am just here for the ride as long as that is.

Guest RomanFox

To write what 3DXChat means to me would result in a page that possibly has contradictions. It would contain things that are familiar to some and completely alien to others. I've gone through so many experiences, both good and bad, that I can technically say: I love this game as much as I hate it.

It's never easy to explain how your mind works and how you react to certain situations. BreeSummers speaks about amazing and friendly people as well as sick and drama creating ones. They are both here, I agree... but I also think that they (the "sick and drama creating ones") were once different... but now shaped by experiences both virtually and in real life. I've had tons of moments that could have shaped me to become a cold-blooded, careless and ruthless entity... Yet, I think that sitting down from time to time to think about what happened and give it a place can ultimately bring you back, even if only partially, from a jaded personality. It's easy to spot the, what people would call, drama queens and it's easy to figure out what brought them to be the person they are... At least, that's how I feel. I think many people struggle with the fact that this game is best played without getting emotionally involved too much... Why do I think so? Because I struggled once... and I struggled hard. But the outcome of those situations shaped me to be able to let that go. It's not necessarily a good thing... but rather a safe thing. Every other day, someone posts something about dealing with true genders... and you clearly see the anger and frustration in their messages. Every other day... someone posts something about how their heart got broken and that they now feel lonely, empty and without a goal. A virtual world contains virtual identities... and the safe thing to do is to create this seperate compartment that stores all your friends/partners in your head... knowing, just like Mulan said, it will eventually come to an end (in one way or the other). Some people are able to deal with that... others tend to have problems with it... and to some it scars them so badly they become jaded and cause drama.

But then there's also the upside on things. This game allows one to be social in a relatively safe environment. People such as Fuwakumi (and even BreeSummers) who are sometimes unwillingly stuck at home because of their responsibilities. They are openminded, eager to talk and get to know people. They are genuinely curious about what makes others tick and as a "veteran" player such as them... It's really amazing to see. Does the game tend to be boring from time to time... Oh yes. And there's nothing wrong with taking a break from it if you feel it doesn't fully fit in your schedule or it just doesn't feel as new anymore. But when you come back and you meet people such as these... it lights up this spark and makes you eager to socialize once again... doesn't it?

To me 3DX is a place that both disgusts me at times as much as it amazes me. To me it's a place to socialize rather than experience sexual fantasies with different people (that was different once xD). It's also a way for my GF and myself to be together when we're seperated. I've grown a fascination towards people's attitudes and personality. A fascination to seeing people deal with similar things in different ways and watch it unfold. I'm not playing 3DX the way it should be played most likely... but nonetheless... I'm still enjoying my time here.

* Pulls his hands away from the keyboard, nodding and smiling as he quickly proofreads his essay... He realizes that BreeSummers mentioned people that think they know it all... "F*CK!" *

Guest Fuwakumi

* Pulls his hands away from the keyboard, nodding and smiling as he quickly proofreads his essay... He realizes that BreeSummers mentioned people that think they know it all... "F*CK!" *

I think I heard you yell that out loud from all the way here Fox :D

Across the Atlantic :D :D :D

I'm only here because I wanted to make some better use of my new computer!  Never played an MMO or done online chat before so I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into.  And like many, the sex aspect, as good as it is, soon fell by the wayside in favour of spending all my time doing silly chat.

My goal is just to chat to those I care about, attempt to dodge any drama generators, and above all, be as silly as hell.

And in truth, it exposes me to certain personalities that I run a mile from in real life, so at least I get some practice at handling them.  :P

I came to 3DX from IMVU, as a friend from that site told me how intense and sexual it was here, as IMVU was quickly fading from a playful site to a teen social network. I became actively involved in the "cybersex" world many years ago, as I married too soon, and for the wrong reasons, and my sex life with my now ex-husband was anything but thrilling. As I met more and more people, I began to experiment with new experiences, that I could not or would not try in reality. This was my primary reason for joining here, and I still very openly engage in extreme sexual role-play, but as time has passed, I have made so many friends, and yes, quite a few enemies, and 3DX is far more than just sex for me now. I am frequently on here now just to talk, listen to music ,and engage in World Chat chatter and banter. I have numerous ways to be entertained here now, beyond the obvious.

Guest SherryS

My only reason to be here is to relax and laugh and enjoy people that think somewhat if not completely like me. Although cookies are nice. I realize that most people have different reasons to be here. I came here to just chill and not be stressed.. I'm not expecting to be so completely involved in someone else's life and I don't expect to control no one's chat/game play. but all in all I have found 3dx for the most part fun. 

I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many rooms have you built just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts because tomorrow is promised to no one.

To answer your questions:

1) 114

2) zero

3) To simply enjoy the moment while it lasts because tomorrow is promised to no one.

*holds out hands for cookies*

We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the same way.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that. There are several people that I first met here who I am happy to say are now real life friends, some of whom I have met in real life. I have invested a lot of time and emotion in my friendships here and have gotten a lot in return. When I leave, I will be leaving with more than first arrived with. I know that not everyone can say that, but I can.

Guest RomanFox

Sorry, but I can't agree with that. There are several people that I first met here who I am happy to say are now real life friends, some of whom I have met in real life. I have invested a lot of time and emotion in my friendships here and have gotten a lot in return. When I leave, I will be leaving with more than first arrived with. I know that not everyone can say that, but I can.

There will always be exceptions... I mean if I leave this game... I'd still have my GF... who I met on here. So that's also not leaving empty handed... but in the general term, and how it works out most of the time for most of the people... is the way Mulan described it.

Guest Fuwakumi

What Mulan said is a sad thing to say.

It's like you come here with almost nothing and then you leave the same way? Leave with almost nothing? If that's true then why are we here at all if we get nothing through all of the times spent being here? What are we left with after everything we've done?

Well it's why she said some people may not agree. For me I question that. It feels like some people don't value their time spent with friends here. I hope I'm wrong. It can't be all for nothing and leave with nothing. :(

Edit:(sigh) ....never mind guys. Forget you read this.

What Mulan said is a sad thing to say.

It's like you come here with almost nothing and then you leave the same way? Leave with almost nothing? If that's true then why are we here at all if we get nothing through all of the times spent being here? What are we left with after everything we've done?

Well it's why she said some people may not agree. For me I question that. It feels like some people don't value their time spent with friends here. I hope I'm wrong. It can't be all for nothing and leave with nothing. :(

Edit:(sigh) ....never mind guys. Forget you read this.

It is not that I don't value time with people here. Quite the opposite in fact. However, when people leave, they may stay in contact with friends through the forum or other means. Although, I think most friendships will probably fade away.

We go to school and leave, and we move jobs. There are very few people we remain in contact with after we leave. Some people you only related to in the virtual world, others, with the best intentions to stay in touch, you drift apart. It is true that you may have experiences and memories of 3DX that will live with you forever (hopefully healthy). We will experience love, friendship, and loss.

That is by no means negative. That is why I say, enjoy the moment while it lasts, make the memories count while you are here. Learn from mistakes you have made in the virtual world to grow into a better person in the real world. I speak as a widow, so enjoy the present, because nothing lasts forever.

When we do lose friends and lovers in 3DX (this also applies to real life), it will hurt. We will experience much more losses before our last day on this earth. But believe that we can have happy moments again and again and again.

Guest Fuwakumi

It is not that I don't value time with people here. Quite the opposite in fact. However, when people leave, they may stay in contact with friends through the forum or other means. Although, I think most friendships will probably fade away.

We go to school and leave, and we move jobs. There are very few people we remain in contact with after we leave. Some people you only related to in the virtual world, others, with the best intentions to stay in touch, you drift apart. It is true that you may have experiences and memories of 3DX that will live with you forever (hopefully healthy). We will experience love, friendship, and loss.

That is by no means negative. That is why I say, enjoy the moment while it lasts, make the memories count while you are here. Learn from mistakes you have made in the virtual world to grow into a better person in the real world. I speak as a widow, so enjoy the present, because nothing lasts forever.

When we do lose friends and lovers in 3DX (this also applies to real life), it will hurt. We will experience much more losses before our last day on this earth. But believe that we can have happy moments again and again and again.

Ok :)

Edit: Starting to feel better.

We came here with our personality, our fantasies, our phobias, frustrations,desires, curiosity. We are a bit lost. Then you met peoples. Some are very good people, some are true bitches (men and women). You realized that peoples here are not so different than in real life: you have true friends, true foes too (yes) and sometimes "love" (yes it is possible). The game: is it a social game oriented sex or a sex game oriented social? Both, it depends on who you meet, who you are, what you want. 

Does the game mean anything by itself?  No

Does players mean anything? Yes

The day you left 3DX, you would have changed because of the peoples you have met, of the fantasies that are no more fantasies and of fantasies of others (you had never think of them but they had made you fly or flee).

At the very end, you know yourself much better.

And yes there are wonderful players.