3DXChat Community

how to resubscribe to offline game PMs

DarrenD

Out of pure curiosity I clicked the "Turn off email PM notifications" link in one of the notification mails being sent when someone sent you an offline PM.

My illusion was that I could simply reenable the offline feature again by changing my in game chat settings, but to no avail:

post-13328-0-82516000-1484756549_thumb.png

Even after rechecking the "Offline messages" checkbox, I don't receive any offline PMs anymore ...

Anything else I'm missing here?

Guest Fuwakumi

I'm assuming you're saying this after testing it with some of your friends while you were offline? Some were saying that might be a bug but I haven't seen that in the forums. Also I'm not sure if both the sender and receiver has to both be offline for the message to send a email notification to you. I could be wrong.

I don't think you're missing anything cause the notification setting in your forums is separate from your in-game settings. Don't think they are linked.

Guest Fuwakumi

The system is just bugged big time... I get tons of notifications for pms while I am ONLINE, and never any for a pm while I am OFFLINE.

What she said. That's what's going on. I don't even touch my settings in that cause I had a feeling it would get all screwed up later when clicking it again.

... then I'm at least glad that I'm not the only one having issues with the offline messages ...

I'm assuming you're saying this after testing it with some of your friends while you were offline? Some were saying that might be a bug but I haven't seen that in the forums. Also I'm not sure if both the sender and receiver has to both be offline for the message to send a email notification to you. I could be wrong.

I don't think you're missing anything cause the notification setting in your forums is separate from your in-game settings. Don't think they are linked.

I'm not talking about the forum messages, I'm talking about the in-game PMs. The forum messages just work fine (at least until now ... knocking on wood ...)

Guest Fuwakumi

come to think of it, since ive turned it back on after turning it off ive not gotten any emails either

Ah, yeah there you go. Not an isolated bug in the game.