3DXChat Community

I can t change my profile in game

emmafr

Hi all, 

I have a problem in game and i think it's a bug, like you read in the title i can t change my profile in game, when i click on profile button, I only see a most strange window without writing, is it does so only on this character, I created another character to try and I have no problem, I have the bug since I created this character, as this screen capture ... 

498767Sanstitre333.png

I restart my comptuter, the game, redownload the game, reinstall the game, but nothing change ...
I need your help, and i need to change this profile thanks answer me and sorry for my english ;)
thanks for you help 

I had already asked the question on the form, even though I understand that I do not have an answer, I still wanted to ask here in case someone could help me, but thank you for your help =), now i wait =/

I had this happen to me a little over a month ago. I had to contact support and give them my login and they changed my profile to a simple 'hi". I was told to avoid all uncommon characters. It took a couple days to get a response. But was all fixed..

Put a backslash (\) before the '

Example: I\'m a sexy lady, I don\'t like cold invites...

Remark: when you change profile again, the \ disappears so you have to put them in again. Solution: make your profile in notepad or something and copy/paste

Thanks but, how i make my profile in notepad ? sorry but even if i write my profile with " / " etc in notpad ... i can't write in my profile in game ... so i can't copy or paste...

then a question, you're it possible to change the profile other than in the game? if yes, how? with notepad? but where? in the directory of the game? = / i'm lost ... thanks for your answer

I have my profile saved in notepad, and i can copy and paste it from there to my profile with ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste. you are using the / and not \ like she told though, also other way to use apostrophe's is having two of them in row. which ill turn it to one after saving :)

As an example: I''m sexy lady, I don''t like cold invites.

would look just: I'm sexy lady, i don't like cold invites.

I dont think you are able to edit it through the game files but i can look for it ^.^

Hi Emma,

i think not that, the profile saved in a file on hard disk. It is possible that 3DX saved it on the server. So you have to wait until the support answer you. Good Luck and that it fixed soon. Maybe you try too write a 2nd mail when they don't answer in time.

I know for a fact, like Pashion said, they fix this kind of problems by logging into your account and changing it, so that makes me think it is saved client side..

I had this happen to me a little over a month ago. I had to contact support and give them my login and they changed my profile to a simple 'hi". I was told to avoid all uncommon characters. It took a couple days to get a response. But was all fixed..

So, my solution, if you have anyone you can completely trust in, you could try giving your info to them and see if they can edit your profile..

Obviously its very risky unless you have a real life friend or so who has the game :)

I could not find any files containing the profile though..

I have my profile saved in notepad, and i can copy and paste it from there to my profile with ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste. you are using the / and not \ like she told though, also other way to use apostrophe's is having two of them in row. which ill turn it to one after saving :)

As an example: I''m sexy lady, I don''t like cold invites.

would look just: I'm sexy lady, i don't like cold invites.

I dont think you are able to edit it through the game files but i can look for it ^.^

Didn't try it this way, only with the backslash (\)

(I have changes the font for clarity)

@emmafr: tu peux user '' (deux fois ' - "single quote" en anglès) quand tu ne trouve le \ (n'est pas le même que  /)

patch 205

Profile bug fixed. Now you can use any symbols, even | " ' \
Note: If your profile was broken (empty black screen), don't worry when you will see 0 gifts, just resave the profile and gifts count should be fixed.