3DXChat Community

Character Name Cost

Athene

Character Name Cost  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should creating a new character still require XGold?

• Yes
    • No
    • Allow the option of verifying the availability on names

"There are some RP situations where coordinating a scenario to be played out by multiple players requires that each participant use an avatar with a specific name."

No, I didn't miss the point. I found the right way to explain it. Check it out.

No, you didn't find the right way to explain it. You basically just said "I don't play the game like that so I don't care about anyone who does want to play the game like that."

And believe me, you don't have to dumb it down. Your comments are stupid enough already.

Sure, the act alone of pressing buttons to log in is not hard. You're correct.

But I think you are taking for granted the dedication and continuous log-ins over a course of time it really requires in order to receive the maximum amount of XGold. In order to obtain 10k XGold fastest (outside of paying money) you MUST log in 36 days straight without gifting anyone or resetting your XGold timing.

So yes, it's easy to log in. I don't think that was ever the issue. It's the matter of how long it takes and, personally, how ridiculous it is to even be a cost in its current form. I like the idea of being a cost to delete (under the assumption that we can still use a name verification to check rather than having to create/delete to check).

My point with commenting on not being a man, was not because I assumed you thought that of me, Sam, but because I myself am proof that your claim is fallacious. Take that as biting your head off or not; I'm merely stating a fact to an opinion.

Okay, let's break this down to see how hard it is to implement what I first mentioned.

You say it takes 36 days to accumulate the proper amount of XG to "check" to see if a name is available. If you're a new user, or, you feel you no longer want to play with your old account, you can check right away to see if your name is available. Mind you, we're talking about checking a name here, not creating an avatar.

So, we run the program. Check.

Then, we log in after what I would assume, is midnight on the 3DXChat server which for me, is 5:30 PM Mountain Time.

After we log in, we go to our Character Select Screen--

Now, it's at this point where we're either a. A new user or b. A regular. New users and new accounts have the option to make a name for their avatar, select whether or not they will decide to play as a man or a woman avatar, and then begin to play. If you're a new user and the intrigue of creating another character excites you, and you've paid the yearly amount, then, 36 days logging in and out is not really that bad.

If you're only on for a month, then this is where you make the choice. Will you decide to play as a woman avatar and experience what it's like or, do you play a male avatar and see what the other side is like? Now your character name means something, because for 30 days, you're going to live out that fantasy with your name attached, for better or for worse. It's your choice.

Now, for those that are regular players to the game, we continue...

You log into your Character Screen, choose your character and either decide to play outright right away, or edit your avatar in Character Edit mode.

When either screen shows up, you click on the Interface Button and lo and behold, there is your 300XG pop up screen.

You then click on the button to collect, and you're done. You have to wait 24 hours to collect another 300XG.

NOW, you have a choice to do several things after you have collected your XG. You can choose to play, re-arrange your room or talk to friends. OR, you can choose to log off, go on about the rest of your day because maybe you don't want to play today. It's just not in the cards.

For those playing for a month, the grind is real, but the server makes it easy for you. When you collect your XG you have 24 hours to get that same amount again, BUT, you actually have 48 hours to collect again before your XG counter resets back to 100 XG. You collect, wait 24 hours. After 24 hours, 300 XG shows up again. You then have an extra 24 hours to collect before the counter resets.

If you're like me, you wait until the server clocks over, you log in, collect, and then close the game. It takes me 10 minutes to do all of that.

When you look at this as this, 36 day opus you have to diligently look after, sure, it seems like a daunting task... in order to check a name to see if a name is available. But when you break it down to it's simplest form, you're taking no more than 10 to 15 minutes to farm the XG you need.

For the sake of argument, we'll say 15 minutes, broken down over 36 days equals...well, 15 minutes a day, for 36 days. I can find 15 minutes to log in, collect, and leave.

Now, for the ridiculousness of having to pay such an absurd amount to create a new avatar, have not the trolls gone away after that policy was implemented? Is this game not the least bit bearable, now that you don't have to worry about people changing avatars like breathing in air?

I get it. You don't want to farm. You don't look forward to the grind. Much like a pay for play game, you don't want to have to wait and grind forever just to play as the awesome OP character or have the baddest weapon in the game, but you sure as hell don't want to pay 25 dollars extra out of pocket, atop of the money you already paid for the game to buy it in the first place, just to be happy.

My mistake, to check to see if a name is available.

And to be honest, our opinions aren't going to change a thing. It will remain 10K XG to create a new character until we beat this horse dead, which it already is.

No, you didn't find the right way to explain it. You basically just said "I don't play the game like that so I don't care about anyone who does want to play the game like that."

And believe me, you don't have to dumb it down. Your comments are stupid enough already.

I'd answer the same way too, with my tail between my legs, if I got my ass handed to me on a platter— twice. ♥

Okay, let's break this down to see how hard it is to implement what I first mentioned.

My mistake, to check to see if a name is available.

And to be honest, our opinions aren't going to change a thing. It will remain 10K XG to create a new character until we beat this horse dead, which it already is.

I'm not being rude here, but I don't really understand the point you're trying to make? It sounds like you're agreeing with me.

So... Indeed, lol.

A lower cost would be really nice for roleplay situations like Sage said.  10k takes a crazy long time to accumulate if you are even a moderate gift giver.  Perhaps the devs could try lowering it to say 5k or something and see if the old problems resurface, as even 5k takes a damn long time for some people.

The problem of creating a character and naming it before even playing the game is indeed an unfortunate one, I'm guessing most don't realise they will be stuck with it for a very long time, and then having made friends, won't want to change it anyway.

when I first played here they were free, I never made additional characters then, and I am definitely not going to buy 10,000 gold to do it now. I really don't see the point in any of it unless part of your fantasy is to have multiple characters with different characteristics. If that is true, then I see no harm in charging you for it. It's a way for 3dx to make money and well they are a business trying to make a profit.

So I think it is fine the way it is.

• 10 months later...