3DXChat Community

hating who you have become?

JohnL

Guest RomanFox

It's so difficult not to respond to this post...

Did 3DXChat change me? Most definitely.

Sure my personality is still founded on the same principles and ideas, but the experiences I've had here...

You could say they somewhat made me more realistic, sceptical, weary and somewhat more difficult to approach.

When I started out, I was pretty naive... I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I had nothing but good faith...

I think every "veteran" player can confirm that playing this game on a daily basis, dealing with tons of different people and getting to know these people (sometimes finding out things you don't like...) tends to open one's eyes.

Although I wasn't playing my true self when I started... the character personality I had was somewhat a boosted version of who I used to be... and still am (in a way). I learned that it's not always the right thing to jump to someone's rescue... I learned that sometimes you have to let people deal with their problems and not interfere. And sometimes... it's better to walk away. But sometimes you have to show your friends that you're there for them when they need you. It's a bit of a balance that everyone needs to figure out for themselves.

Personally... I feel that I'm initially cold towards people. I don't trust them the way I used to and it puts me in some state of alertness... I'd love to say that this only affects new people I meet... but due to some experiences, you tend to look at people differently... and sometimes that means you re-analyse your friends (which is horrible).

Do I hate who I have become... no... I'm essentially still the same person. I'm just not that eager to fully put my trust into someone, and maybe that's not a bad thing at all. Let people put a little effort into gaining your trust and I'm sure it'll create stronger relationships (both sexually and as friends).

• 2 weeks later...

I do think this game has changed me...I'm more confident in myself, have a stable relationship with someone wonderful, am finally no longer so lonely...I could go on, but that's my two cents.

I'm more or less the same person as I always was, just a bit more outgoing. I can safely say I like who I've become.

Short answer. I don't hate who I have become. I have had and continue to have an exciting journey in 3DX. I have made some wonderful friends, I have had some beautiful lovers, I have hosted and DJed at some of the most fabulous parties, and I have made plenty of mistakes. Mistakes which I have learned from and shaped the person or character you see today.

TL;DR

My 3DX journey closely resembles my real life journey over the past year. I started my time in 3DX when my whole life got turned on its head. I never envisioned myself joining a game like 3DX, but 3DX was initially an escape from reality. I was trying to make sense of life. I have found some wonderful friends in 3DX, friends I still have to this day, friends who have gone beyond the game and been a strong foundation in helping me rediscover myself.

Along with a tremendous turmoil in life, sometimes we make bad decisions. During my most depressed, I have fallen into too many relationships and marriages in 3DX, it has become a little in-joke amongst my friends. My only regret is some of the hearts I have broken along the way while trying to rebuild my life, getting my family affairs in order.

Step-by-step, I am figuring life out again. I am confident about the future. In real-life I have been taking steps to create a new life, to live, laugh, and love again. I have considered many times whether to continue with 3DX, and I did leave for a short period. However, it is those wonderful friends that I mention above that keep me coming back, so I was re-born as Mulan, removing some of the baggage of the past. I feel light, free, and refreshed. I have made a lot of new friends and reconnected with old friends.

We will all make mistakes, that is just part of being human. We show our true character by first realising our mistakes and then by learning from our mistakes or loses.

I don't hate who I am, sometimes I'm in denial about it, sometimes I get irritated by it.. but I'll always be me at the core: a little weird, someone who gets a severe case of word vomit (some people have experienced this first hand!) and someone who's naive and sometimes trust the wrong people

I don't think the game itself has the capacity to create changes for us, more the people we meet along the way. Before 3DX, I was a very different person than who I am today. I'm still all those things I mentioned, but the people who I've met have shown me that it's ok to be those things, they love me for and in spite of those things. They've given me RL confidence to completely change my RL for the better, knowing that there are people out there who accept me just the way I am.

I learned that it's not always the right thing to jump to someone's rescue... I learned that sometimes you have to let people deal with their problems and not interfere. And sometimes... it's better to walk away. But sometimes you have to show your friends that you're there for them when they need you. It's a bit of a balance that everyone needs to figure out for themselves.

As someone who has been in 3DX for quite a while now, I have heard all sorts of personal things. I have spoken to people with depression, social anxiety, people considering suicide, loneliness, fear of their immediate family, unemployment. I will not mention any names, and it warms me that these friends are getting these worries off their chest. Personally, I have been through a terrible year, and I must say that being able to speak openly with my closest friends here has helped ease the burden from my shoulders just by talking to people. Having said that, I do have strong family support and a good network of friends.

While conversation does help, I think that Roman is ultimately right. If someone does come to you with a real life problem, then by all means listen and be there for them. However, there is only so much you can do help people with deep-seated issues. They need professional real life help. While conversation can help, sometimes 3DX makes people even more anxious and untrusting and can only add to the problems, rather than help. Ultimately, only the person themselves can take responsibility and go and seek professional advice.

• 2 months later...

An interesting topic; has the site changed me and if so, do I hate what I have become?

Yes, the site has changed me. I sometimes see it as entering high school as a freshman and graduating four years later. In high school, we began as kids and left as adults ready to take on the scary world. A lot of change in a very short time.  Here, I entered as someone who was relatively happy with my real life but knew there were things hidden deep inside me that I wanted to explore. I was isolated focusing on work and family, with little focus on me. I wanted to learn more about myself, and this place has helped me do it.

3DX has allowed me to become part of a community and I enjoy my friends, lovers, and acquaintances. I care for them. I do not agree with everyone here, but I do listen to everyone's point of view.  I have tried to help many in the game by listening, giving advice, and sometimes more.  There is a point where for some, professional help is needed, and I have encouraged several get that help.

I have learned to be less shy, more outgoing, and more trusting. The biggest change has been my ability to separate my emotions from sex. When I started, those two things were very much one in the same. Now, I do have strong feelings for a few but not all. I learned to enjoy connections and extend those into a virtual loving relationship. I do not believe this place is for everyone, but it can often help us get through difficult times. For others, it’s a game for enjoyment and entertainment. Both are fine but can be an issue with two are not in agreement on which it is.

Do I hate myself? No, but there have been times of regret where I made mistakes, hurt those I love or allowed someone to hurt me.

I am glad I found this place but do not recommend for others. For some, this site seems to have become their life, and that is not okay.

I do know that since finding this 'game' I have become a huge pussy slut. Work has suffered quite a bit, but its also helped it. (I make lesbian virtual pronos) I find myself distracted by the next time I can go on 3DX and eat some more virtual pussy. Its so easy without the drama I have to face at the local lesbian pub. No aftermath of a woman wanting a 'relationship' , "falling in love" or other real life drama and no STD's or other worries.

Do I hate myself for getting involved in 3DXChat? not at all, I just have to exercise some restraint on spending a very large amount of time (and restraint at keeping my hands off my clit and out of my vagina when I'm in 3DXChat, it gets sore after a bit). But I have met some great woman (who knows they could be a guys trying at playing a lesbian or futa, but the ones I have been with 'feel' like real lesbian, I can spot fakers pretty easy though)

back to work...

---

Just wondering. does anyone hate who they have become? 

Have has anyone changed because of this game? 

Totally just wondering. 

I know I am a bit more outgoing, but that is all. 

Have I changed?

I don't think so, but in regards to 3DX, then yes... Yes I have. 

Do I hate what I have become? 

Not really. It let's me avoid petty quarrels on 3DX and remain joyful whilst I sip my glass of vodka. *sip*

Interesting question. Could also ask if people have realised what 3DX is and how little importance it has on your real life when you look from a different perspective because 3DX should not have the power to change you in real life. You will learn a few things though, like I have and use the acquired knowledge elsewhere. 

Somebody on the forum said this exact phrase "Logging on and meeting new people opens new doors and opportunities". I do not know who said it, but it's spot on. Made me realise, that, if I just kept to myself all the time and not interact with others, I wouldn't progress and enjoy my time?  :P

But in general, I fucking love who I am.