• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 BreeSummers

BreeSummers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

i think this is that in the game i am more outgoin and brash and centre-stage than in RL, never knew why

There are several studies out that explain why this happens. It has to do with being isolated in a your own private space at your keyboard. Same with sitting by yourself in a car and yelling at traffic. You just become very territorial and defensive about your small personal space. People have the tendency to be more outgoing in this environment and unfortunately in most cases it is a negative thing as they just flood the game with their dysfunction and drama unchecked unlike how they would be around other people in real life.

As far as the game "changing me"? If I ever start taking it that seriously it is time to quit.

• Briana and violetvv like this

#22 Amberhawk

Amberhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

There are several studies out that explain why this happens. It has to do with being isolated in a your own private space at your keyboard. Same with sitting by yourself in a car and yelling at traffic. You just become very territorial and defensive about your small personal space. People have the tendency to be more outgoing in this environment and unfortunately in most cases it is a negative thing as they just flood the game with their dysfunction and drama unchecked unlike how they would be around other people in real life.

As far as the game "changing me"? If I ever start taking it that seriously it is time to quit.

I'm not the original poster but perhaps this above is why I answered earlier that I never felt changed by these games but they have tested me in who I am from time to time.

I think it can also have something to do with feeling freed up and anonymous enough to be an ass-hat without any face to face, real life consequence.  Generally I don't give a flying fig who's a jerk and who isn't. I just put them on ignore and move on. I'm here to relax and enjoy, not argue and stress. I do what I can to just stay away from those who love to stir it up.

Then again, I guess if they were just cut off from everyone they'd just not come back anyway... win/win for the rest of the members.

#23 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Yes, sometime i may...

• gammareh and Amberhawk like this

#24 Henkie

Henkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

Ohhh nah, I love who I am and who I will become...It's me after all :P It's true that people are more dramatic when they are anonymous since you can't exactly get decked in the face for what you do...But such is the life on this place, not much you can do 'bout it

• MagicFoxx, Reds and BreeSummers like this

#25 Reds

Reds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

I don't hate who I have become, in fact in a small way it has given me more confidence to speak up in group situations in real life.  But I do sort of hate that sometimes I have a severe lack of sleep due to the game.

Also, I kinda hate Henkie.  :P

#26 BreeSummers

BreeSummers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Henkie is dutch for weenie! 

#27 Henkie

Henkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

I'll fight ya both, come behind the Macca's at 8 and we'll square up

#28 Fuwakumi

Fuwakumi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOnly if you're interested in me. Send me a message. 💋

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

:(

#29 Reds

Reds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

/me turns up at 8am and wonders where everyone is.

#30 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 AM

It's exactly the same car analogy u used in a pvt to me as KittyCaitlin, come on, can't u hide urself better?

#31 RomanFox

RomanFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 PM

It's so difficult not to respond to this post...

Did 3DXChat change me? Most definitely.

Sure my personality is still founded on the same principles and ideas, but the experiences I've had here...

You could say they somewhat made me more realistic, sceptical, weary and somewhat more difficult to approach.

When I started out, I was pretty naive... I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I had nothing but good faith...

I think every "veteran" player can confirm that playing this game on a daily basis, dealing with tons of different people and getting to know these people (sometimes finding out things you don't like...) tends to open one's eyes.

Although I wasn't playing my true self when I started... the character personality I had was somewhat a boosted version of who I used to be... and still am (in a way). I learned that it's not always the right thing to jump to someone's rescue... I learned that sometimes you have to let people deal with their problems and not interfere. And sometimes... it's better to walk away. But sometimes you have to show your friends that you're there for them when they need you. It's a bit of a balance that everyone needs to figure out for themselves.

Personally... I feel that I'm initially cold towards people. I don't trust them the way I used to and it puts me in some state of alertness... I'd love to say that this only affects new people I meet... but due to some experiences, you tend to look at people differently... and sometimes that means you re-analyse your friends (which is horrible).

Do I hate who I have become... no... I'm essentially still the same person. I'm just not that eager to fully put my trust into someone, and maybe that's not a bad thing at all. Let people put a little effort into gaining your trust and I'm sure it'll create stronger relationships (both sexually and as friends).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users