#61 Lascivious

Lascivious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

RP IS Important... it's creating, imagining, acting... What are authors? actors? dreamers? And I use ALL the poses the Devs sent down to us because, I've only been fortunate enough of having a limited amount of rl experience with some rp, but I LOVED it! I'm so hopping still to have much more of that on here! I've got my "real" ava (we're all kinda lying, I'm 5'2" and have like no tits) but am planing on and can't wait to start using another avatar to create "characters" either out whim, fancy or for my or a chosen others pleasure. And yeah, if you put it right up there in the profile that "THIS IS NOT ME BUT A CONSTRUCT OF MY MIND" well it isn't lying right? (In my particular profile it may say "fractured" mind...)

(Life is'nt about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" (George Bernard Shaw)

#62 RobT

RobT

Brainless WWSD Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

(Dont do the crime if you cant do the time" (Baretta)

#63 ClockworkHeart

ClockworkHeart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSecond star on the left, and straight on 'til morning.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

RP tends to be a loose term. 

If you mean it in a "I assume a whole new identity and play 3dx as if I am LARPing all the time" sense. No, I don't think there's much of that outside of the people who lie about their identity irl, I'm sure there's a few exceptions to the rule.

If you mean it in a "I emote and describe how I would react in these situations rather than just watch pisspoor animations" sense. Yes, there's many people who do that, it's pretty much the norm.

#64 MeiLing

MeiLing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

If you mean it in a "I emote and describe how I would react in these situations rather than just watch pisspoor animations" sense. Yes, there's many people who do that, it's pretty much the norm.

The point is to create situations, scenario.

• OliU and RandyS like this

#65 gammareh

gammareh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Location777, Ocean Drive

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

The point is to create situations, scenario.

And this is something, where there are different interpretations of the term Roleplay, I'm afraid.

For me Roleplay is exactly that: Creating a situation or scenario, may it be playing a boss in an office or sex with an alien in outerspace.

However, I have the impression that there are quite a lot of people in 3dx who define Roleplay as I would define Descriptive Sex, using words to describe the what and how, though not necessarily creating a situation or a secenario.

• OliU, Veronique, RobT and 1 other like this

#66 Elenn

Elenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

And this is something, where there are different interpretations of the term Roleplay, I'm afraid.

For me Roleplay is exactly that: Creating a situation or scenario, may it be playing a boss in an office or sex with an alien in outerspace.

However, I have the impression that there are quite a lot of people in 3dx who define Roleplay as I would define Descriptive Sex, using words to describe the what and how, though not necessarily creating a situation or a secenario.

Well, there is simple roleplay : You create a situation/scenario

There is descriptive : You put your actions into words. The more the better.

And some people do descriptive roleplay indeed. Which is the two combined. That's what i like the most.

I'd like to add that those ones often play a character when interacting with their avatars. Which makes it the classic MMO / MMORPG kind of roleplay. 

That explains the confusion between players who come from online games and the ones who don't.

• Cyra likes this

#67 MeiLing

MeiLing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Well IMHO, a roleplay is by definition descriptive, then the two combined. It allows to explore fantasies, or a peculiar situation.I recently had a RP: Teacher, student. How will each partner react is important. It gives sense to the whole story. You can have scenarios, like in movie in which all is written (less interesting in my mind). Of course, you need to trust your partner(s). 

#68 RandyS

RandyS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:12 AM

I've been around here about 3 months and consider myself a decent role player and also good at descriptive sex. While not the same thing, I think a lot of people who like one, also like the other.

Why descriptive? Like many, I find just flicking through poses plain boring. Same goes for playing with people you have no connection with whatsoever. Yes, even if it only takes 10 minutes of chat, that makes it a lot different from just jumping into the foreplay-oral-vaginal routines after a cold. And as many pointed out, descriptive makes up for what the ava's cant show:

/me slowly lowers his hand from your belly to the tender spot between your legs, feeling you gasp as I softly reach your soft lips

Can you do that, avatar? :)

Why Role Play? Simply put, for the variety AND I tend to play out fantasies I have in RL or even RL situations that I have been in. What better than to act these out with a real person at the other end? Who makes real decisions about, say, how she would react to the photographer making advances after taking nude pictures?

Let's hope it's not a dying art....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users