3DXChat Community

Rooms

AHT

Please, please, please can people just build rooms within the boundaries. I think we have hit peak building. Recently I went to a room and we had to be instructed how to use a step just to get down to the beach. It's ace to see people are creative, but pleeeease can people stop building rooms designed for 2000 people. If you build a room down to the beach it's just annoying. The names vanish and I have to walk on the paths you build. If your room is too big it appears empty when actually 50 people are going crazy to the music like they won the lottery.

I don't know if you ever saw Grand Designs [it's always fun to see people with bad taste build and it goes over budget and Kevin clearly doesn't like it] , but nobody - well I don't - cares if you built a McMansion. People love the beautiful clever rooms, not a folly.

I concur this. While I adore creativity this aint minecraft people.

Maybe someone should make a new trend by starting to build the most awesome room within the 4 walls that where meant to be... dont clutter it up with stuff and see who is the best designer within the 4 walls of the apartments ;)

I ve seen some awesome rooms already and I prefer to go to them instead of going to huge scaled dance halls, open range fields or death stars lol

Oh yes!  While there are some very clever things that people do that I wish I replicate with the vanilla designer, and some rooms that are so incredibly well done, there are some that definitely feel a tad overdone, almost to the point of taking you out of the illusion with the obviously glitched parts.

Please, please, please can people just build rooms within the boundaries. I think we have hit peak building. Recently I went to a room and we had to be instructed how to use a step just to get down to the beach. It's ace to see people are creative, but pleeeease can people stop building rooms designed for 2000 people. If you build a room down to the beach it's just annoying. The names vanish and I have to walk on the paths you build. If your room is too big it appears empty when actually 50 people are going crazy to the music like they won the lottery.

I don't know if you ever saw Grand Designs [it's always fun to see people with bad taste build and it goes over budget and Kevin clearly doesn't like it] , but nobody - well I don't - cares if you built a McMansion. People love the beautiful clever rooms, not a folly.

Alternatively Amanda, maybe don't visit the rooms that you don't like??

That said I agree that more is not necessarily better - maybe ppl would be better concentrating on uniqueness - so for example Shannon's rooftop (ok I would say that), the recent sauna or the fairground, all of which were/are very well done.

I doubt it, its sort of like the html in wc a while back. people are like kids, they push and push till they get a hand slapped and told no

I did say maybe ya know! You are probably right though. They would likely have to put in blockers to not allow things outside the walls for that to happen. Still, if they do I hope they would at least expand the rooms a touch either way.

Some huge rooms are tacky AF, I agree. But more so I agree with beccie when she says  "don't visit the rooms you don't like".

I certainly don't stay in rooms I dislike, but I also acknowledge that I only speak for myself :)

I always love that statement.

Now what if I tell you sometimes you dont know if a room is massively oversize? It happened to me more then once and I dont have one of thoose low end systems, yet I had to spent 3 minutes in loading screen. That was the time I realized this room is one of thoose I dont like... but yeah there was not really a choice if you dont know right? And you cant undo your decision once you stuck in loading screen. So your argument is kinda invalid. Sorry.

and to put a bow on this i find it funny as hell people ripped poor french touche for stuff she made for the game and for most it was fine that they did but say something about the hacks, its like someone slapped someones mother

To be fair some mothers should be slapped. I need a good slap, and often, left rear as the right hip is often sore, thanks... :P

Personally I don't enjoy big builds, but I love the creativity popping out everywhere, it's so refreshing, so I do not mind and every now and then I go check out what the crazy minds have come up with. If you look at it in percentage, I don't think that many go that crazy overall.

Yes it's bound to happen, to go "overboard", but we all have different level of acceptance for "overboard", so what's too much for me, isn't for another, and so on.. 

But at the end of the day, rule is already bent, and hack is hack, there is no such thing as "acceptable hack"... Either you say no to it completely, or not.

It's like me saying, it's ok to cut off few fingers, but not the whole hand. :o

I think on this matter, just gotta live and let live and learn to close eyes, there are worse issues.. for one person who won't like a big room, two will.. and again, and that's just my opinion but there isn't such thing as "acceptable amount of hack".

That being said, kudos to the crazy builders ! I became lazy, so I keep it minimal now :P

I find big rooms or small rooms generally fine, as long as there is a friendly local chat, I'm usually happy.  Admittedly, some really, really big rooms do look quite empty unless there's 100+ people in them......

But if there is a complex room (or even just a step to the outside) I think it's important for the owner to let new players know what the deal is. 

im afraid to ask why your right hip is always sore......

And just what evil, twisted images went through your mind I wonder??

Hehehe, I rode horses in my younger years, I fell, cracked a rib, damaged the right hip joint...  good times, good times.

ouch, sorry to hear that. my thought was more on the perverted side. feel free to cyber slap me

LOL Consider yourself cyber slapped. It was years ago and I've mostly healed from it. Just more tender as the weather changes is all.

Now about that twisted image...    :P