#1 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

Please, please, please can people just build rooms within the boundaries. I think we have hit peak building. Recently I went to a room and we had to be instructed how to use a step just to get down to the beach. It's ace to see people are creative, but pleeeease can people stop building rooms designed for 2000 people. If you build a room down to the beach it's just annoying. The names vanish and I have to walk on the paths you build. If your room is too big it appears empty when actually 50 people are going crazy to the music like they won the lottery.

I don't know if you ever saw Grand Designs [it's always fun to see people with bad taste build and it goes over budget and Kevin clearly doesn't like it] , but nobody - well I don't - cares if you built a McMansion. People love the beautiful clever rooms, not a folly.

• Nikki, LauraTWK, Sakuya and 3 others like this

#2 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

I concur this. While I adore creativity this aint minecraft people.

Maybe someone should make a new trend by starting to build the most awesome room within the 4 walls that where meant to be... dont clutter it up with stuff and see who is the best designer within the 4 walls of the apartments ;)

I ve seen some awesome rooms already and I prefer to go to them instead of going to huge scaled dance halls, open range fields or death stars lol

#3 violetvv

violetvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the US

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Oh yes!  While there are some very clever things that people do that I wish I replicate with the vanilla designer, and some rooms that are so incredibly well done, there are some that definitely feel a tad overdone, almost to the point of taking you out of the illusion with the obviously glitched parts.

#4 Guest_beccie_*

Guest_beccie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Please, please, please can people just build rooms within the boundaries. I think we have hit peak building. Recently I went to a room and we had to be instructed how to use a step just to get down to the beach. It's ace to see people are creative, but pleeeease can people stop building rooms designed for 2000 people. If you build a room down to the beach it's just annoying. The names vanish and I have to walk on the paths you build. If your room is too big it appears empty when actually 50 people are going crazy to the music like they won the lottery.

I don't know if you ever saw Grand Designs [it's always fun to see people with bad taste build and it goes over budget and Kevin clearly doesn't like it] , but nobody - well I don't - cares if you built a McMansion. People love the beautiful clever rooms, not a folly.

Alternatively Amanda, maybe don't visit the rooms that you don't like??

That said I agree that more is not necessarily better - maybe ppl would be better concentrating on uniqueness - so for example Shannon's rooftop (ok I would say that), the recent sauna or the fairground, all of which were/are very well done.

#5 ClockworkHeart

ClockworkHeart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSecond star on the left, and straight on 'til morning.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Some huge rooms are tacky AF, I agree. But more so I agree with beccie when she says  "don't visit the rooms you don't like".

I certainly don't stay in rooms I dislike, but I also acknowledge that I only speak for myself :)

#6 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

oh yeah I'll have a gander and then go. I'm just saying I'm tired of them now. A room is ultimately down to who is there, but rooms where you can't even see the names is just silly and Live Aid is not likely to ever occur in these enormous rooms!

• ClockworkHeart likes this

#7 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

I concur this. While I adore creativity this aint minecraft people.

Maybe someone should make a new trend by starting to build the most awesome room within the 4 walls that where meant to be... dont clutter it up with stuff and see who is the best designer within the 4 walls of the apartments ;)

I ve seen some awesome rooms already and I prefer to go to them instead of going to huge scaled dance halls, open range fields or death stars lol

you clearly haven't been in my jail, no hack, just bars!!!!   cuff em dano!   or is that "book em dano"  I cant remember

*having said that, might be the only jail in the history of 3dx that isn't a sex room.  I am a strange one*

#8 Amberhawk

Amberhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

I just wish they would double the room sizes... maybe that would cut down on the "outside of the tiny box" syndrome we got going on here.

#9 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:51 PM

I just wish they would double the room sizes... maybe that would cut down on the "outside of the tiny box" syndrome we got going on here.

I doubt it, its sort of like the html in wc a while back. people are like kids, they push and push till they get a hand slapped and told no

#10 Amberhawk

Amberhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

I doubt it, its sort of like the html in wc a while back. people are like kids, they push and push till they get a hand slapped and told no

I did say maybe ya know! You are probably right though. They would likely have to put in blockers to not allow things outside the walls for that to happen. Still, if they do I hope they would at least expand the rooms a touch either way.

#11 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

I have a hacked room. Not oversized so i like it. People always want bigger and better so not going to stop i dont think. Nor am i attacking them for it. Its just how it is.

#12 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

It's great.
At least it demonstrates that there is still some innovation within the community that can't be stifled by the restrictions placed upon us in other respects, due to the lack of development by those controlling the game.

And, it is hurting no one.

• OLESYA and xMaceyx like this

#13 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

nobody said anything was hurting anything but she has a valid point... when it becomes a mini game within a game just to get in the actual room, its a pain in the ass. Thats just fact

• Nikki likes this

#14 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

No, it is just opinion.

Latest by LoreleiLightstrider...

3dx_Lorelei_Lightstrider.jpg

• OLESYA and xMaceyx like this

#15 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

ok, so lets go half way and say its a widely held opinion. as I stated, I have nothing against hacked rooms because I have one but some are a bit out there. now one could argue that just stay out of it then, which I do. but she does have a valid point

#16 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:55 AM

its just funny how some of you get your panties in a wad any time someone says something bad about the hacks

#17 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

and to put a bow on this i find it funny as hell people ripped poor french touche for stuff she made for the game and for most it was fine that they did but say something about the hacks, its like someone slapped someones mother

• Panthea likes this

#18 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Some huge rooms are tacky AF, I agree. But more so I agree with beccie when she says  "don't visit the rooms you don't like".

I certainly don't stay in rooms I dislike, but I also acknowledge that I only speak for myself :)

I always love that statement.

Now what if I tell you sometimes you dont know if a room is massively oversize? It happened to me more then once and I dont have one of thoose low end systems, yet I had to spent 3 minutes in loading screen. That was the time I realized this room is one of thoose I dont like... but yeah there was not really a choice if you dont know right? And you cant undo your decision once you stuck in loading screen. So your argument is kinda invalid. Sorry.

#19 Amberhawk

Amberhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

and to put a bow on this i find it funny as hell people ripped poor french touche for stuff she made for the game and for most it was fine that they did but say something about the hacks, its like someone slapped someones mother

To be fair some mothers should be slapped. I need a good slap, and often, left rear as the right hip is often sore, thanks... :P

#20 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

To be fair some mothers should be slapped. I need a good slap, and often, left rear as the right hip is often sore, thanks... :P

im afraid to ask why your right hip is always sore......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users