3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 - Server Down

Matrix

Server down and all the instability is most likely if not definetly self inflicted by the community...

Some People will this never understand and the responsible are the first who whine about issues...

Each dirty code of Hacked and over decorated rooms will be saved in the SQL Database (which one is already a disaster)

I don't want know how big this Database is now and how many resources is needed to load and communicate this disaster between the server and clients^^

I've the guess one day is a clean up or better a erasing of the Database needed and this day is this one with a lot of complainers about the losing of everything :P

Well this all are only guess about my own 2cents! This could become true or the Devs find another solution for Database optimizing :)

At least will be everyone jointly responsible who use Hacks when this day comes true ;)

The database (dunno if it's an SQL or something else) is only used to store static data — room layouts, characters setups, gifts and stuff like that. Most of this data is stored as plain xml.

All of the live communication between players is managed by a photon-like service which just exchanges text messages between clients (that's why when you have "disconnect" errors you are usually still able to load your rooms and chars — those layers are separated).

Not sure why an SQL database is supposed to be "a disaster", but eons ago those things have been specifically designed to work fast with millions of records with multiple clients, so there is no way it should cause any performance issues with the population of 3dx (don't think it ever goes up above 2000 people) requesting static blobs of data every now and then.

Of course, one could always come up with a totally horrific database design which would prevent it from working properly, but that's completely different matter... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...