3DXChat Community

Tell me something to lift my spirits...

Freya

• 1 month later...

I believe that the chance of life happening on this planet in the first place was very, very small, an accident. I believe that practically we as a living planet are alone in the universe. We should all regard ourselves as being so lucky, so privileged, so grateful, to be given a shot at being a living, thinking, loving being.

I believe that the chance of life happening on this planet in the first place was very, very small, an accident. I believe that practically we as a living planet are alone in the universe. We should all regard ourselves as being so lucky, so privileged, so grateful, to be given a shot at being a living, thinking, loving being.

I agree the chances of life happening are infinitesimally small but it's almost impossible that we are alone in the universe. The numbers are just so big that even an infinitesimal chance will make life much more prolific than we realise at the moment I think.

We can't be alone and surely that's one if the most spirit lifting things there are, not to be alone in anything.

I agree the chances of life happening are infinitesimally small but it's almost impossible that we are alone in the universe. The numbers are just so big that even an infinitesimal chance will make life much more prolific than we realise at the moment I think.

We can't be alone and surely that's one if the most spirit lifting things there are, not to be alone in anything.

Hello Doll, thanks for your response and I agree with everything you said. Trying not to get too deep into this philosophical stuff now, though, to explain myself (and against my better judgement).

- I deliberately said "practically alone". This means, even if there is other life in the universe, we will never ever know (and I could qualify this claim further). So to all practical purposes, as a living planet, we are alone. The statistical possibility of other life is just a theory, not a proof.

- My spiritually uplifting message is that what we have on earth is so so precious, so rare, so amazing, never take yours eyes off that. And we are certainly not alone here, what with 7 billion people and rising.

- Having a need then to only find spiritual uplift and comfort by faith in other entities being out there, is getting into the realms of religion or fantasy and I am certainly not going to pull that thread further here.

My views.