13 replies to this topic

#1 KittyCaitlin

KittyCaitlin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

Is anyone else having issues streaming? I use RadioDJ and Listen2MyRadio and suddenly it will not work in 3dx. I have had this issue once before where my encoder is set up properly with altacast and everything is connected. It broadcasts on the stream sites just fine but when I plug in the address into 3dx I get nothing.

Last time this happened it just magically started working again one day after a month of no sound. I am wondering if this is an issue with 3dx and its servers??

Anyway I am thinking of just switching and paying for VirtualDJ. Is anyone having any issues with that?? If not it may be time to switch.

Any help or info would be appreciated.
  • OLESYA likes this

#2 Rochi

Rochi

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

I remember having similar issues but its kinda hard to believe it has anything to do with 3DX with the way its connected. Usually though, adding a "/" at the end of your link fixes it for me.

So while my myradiostream link is like this:

http://myradiostream.com/Rochi

I add it to 3DX radio like this:

http://myradiostream.com/Rochi/

#3 KittyCaitlin

KittyCaitlin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

I've tried that Rochi and also /listen.pls as well and I have no luck. :-(

#4 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

I've no experiences with myradiostream, sorry!

There was in the past sometimes issues with some Domain added stream links.

As best did it always work to add the Server direct IP and stream Port...

Now I don't know with which sources (Shoutcast, IceCast) myradiostream works? But I think it should be possible to find out the used IP and Port of your stream :)

Anyway I am thinking of just switching and paying for VirtualDJ. Is anyone having any issues with that?? If not it may be time to switch.

VirtualDJ isn't a streaming provider! It's a DJ Software with stream functions (similar like WinAmp but with more functions etc).

With VirtualDJ you need still a streaming provider like myradiostream!

#5 Nymphpott

Nymphpott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCanada, Montreal

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Past few days me and my fiends Listen2myradio streams using shoutcast have been acting weird on 2.0 beta.  We can hear it on our game but others who come in room cannot hear it at all. Bug started for us when the servers went down the other day. 

All the default radio stations seemed to be working fine but our personal stream can only be heard from owner for some reason. Maybe something changed when they rebooted servers. or maybe its the site we use. Hopefully it fixes itself.

Will try again tonight. Maybe game update yesterday fixed whatever was wrong. Or maybe its site we use. Listen2myradio has messed up in past on occasion. 

#6 Guest_Shadowbolt #DJCracks_*

Guest_Shadowbolt #DJCracks_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

I have use Listen2MyRadio for a long time and had a Icecast server with
DJ Software "Traktor Pro 2" to streaming at 3DXChat. My problem was 
anytime that i must set "/stream" or "/stream.ogg" behind the server ip 
and then it works!

But now i use a server from https://shoutca.st// and this are my settings
right now and must set exactly the same "/stream" behind the server ip or
it does not work at "3DXChat" 

642b26-1474587592.png

I don't know if the information can help you or another with the same problem but maybe it works so. 

Ps : sry when my english is not anytime perfect or if i have something overlooked... :ph34r:

kind regards 
DJCracks

#7 KittyCaitlin

KittyCaitlin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:36 AM

Wow! This is a lot more help than I expected. :-) Thank you very much!

Chiles Listen2Myradio does use an IP and Port but like Nymphpott says perhaps their services are not working correctly. the last time it happened it just stopped working suddenly and didnt begin to work again for almost a month. It was exactly as Nymph described it. I could hear the stream but nobody else could. Its the same right now when I try it.

And thanks DJCracks, I am going to look into that stream provider and see if that works!

#8 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:21 AM

My problem was 

anytime that i must set "/stream" or "/stream.ogg" behind the server ip 
and then it works!

Was a known problem from the beginning because the BASS audio library didn't  join from self the stream format ogg and it was needed to set the complete link include format ending.

This could work with the Listen2MyRadio too for example if you add the .mp3 ending behind the stream link, maybe is it a try worth!?

#9 Rochi

Rochi

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:44 AM

Past few days me and my fiends Listen2myradio streams using shoutcast have been acting weird on 2.0 beta.  We can hear it on our game but others who come in room cannot hear it at all. Bug started for us when the servers went down the other day. 

All the default radio stations seemed to be working fine but our personal stream can only be heard from owner for some reason. Maybe something changed when they rebooted servers. or maybe its the site we use. Hopefully it fixes itself.

Will try again tonight. Maybe game update yesterday fixed whatever was wrong. Or maybe its site we use. Listen2myradio has messed up in past on occasion. 

I used to have a lot of similar issues with Listen2myradio, never found it very viable service since half the people in my room wouldn't hear it o.O

#10 Nymphpott

Nymphpott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCanada, Montreal

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

Yeah ..

I switched to MyRadioStream and works good now. A  tiny bit of fiddling and asking Maxxim for help but works now and is Free. :D Thanks Rochi.

Something must be wrong at  Listen2MyRadio servers. There totes mcgoats messed up atm!

#11 KittyCaitlin

KittyCaitlin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:33 AM

I also switched to MyRadioStream and it is working now. Thank you so much to everyone for your help.

It appears the issue is with Listen2MyRadio

#12 Guest_Shadowbolt #DJCracks_*

Guest_Shadowbolt #DJCracks_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, i had anytime the same feel too that the Problem comes
direct from "Listen2MyRadio" and not from the game or of itself.

Achilles says : ("Was a known problem from the beginning because the BASS audio library didn't join 
from self the stream format ogg and it was needed to set the complete link include format ending")
Exactly, after longer time of error checks i have understand finally too what was my problem!  :P
Thats why i have posting this information that we have really all problems dissolved!  ;)

Rochi says : ("since half the people in my room wouldn't hear it")
and this problem i had always additionally too. Hmm... in this sense, i think "Listen2MyRadio" is not
really a good provider the offers on the website were somehow always confusing but nice to listen right
now that it works with the change to "MyRadioStream" and hope that you will not have the trouble again!

Stay tuned ♬✌, 
kind regards 
DJCracks...⚡(◣_◢)⚡

#13 SayaX

SayaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:10 AM

I second what Achilles says. Always use the IP. I have found there are DNS problems, especially when using a Wine emulator to play on a Mac or Linux.

I don't know whether it is the streaming host, 3DX or the Wine emulator. Either way, use the IP for those of us who don't want to use the Microsoft Borg.

• Chilles likes this

#14 soe3399

soe3399

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:43 AM

Sorry to add a late reply

I too had issues with Listen2MyRadio, the second I switched to MyRadioStream, it worked. Thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users