3DXChat Community

UBI30 - The Crew for FREE

Nikki

The next freebie in Ubisoft's ongoing series of monthly game giveaways will be the 2014 online racing game The Crew.

Ubisoft said The Crew is an important piece of its history, “as it is the first fully connected open world we ever created.

Through the Crew, Ubisoft proposed a way to reinvent driving games by offering features that were traditionally dedicated to MMO or shooter games,” Ubi wrote. “This is also the first game Ubisoft developed and keeps on nurturing with constant community support and regular content update. Released in 2014, the game has since then welcomed more than 9 million players on its playground.” 

The Crew is far from perfect but still provided "enduring enjoyment" and "one of the most exciting racing game environments for years," and Ubisoft has indeed stuck with it since: A new cops-versus-criminals expansion called Calling All Units is set to come out in November.

Ubisoft is giving away a different game each month (at the mid-month point) to mark its
30th anniversary of operations. Previous giveaways have included Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Splinter Cell, and Rayman Origins, which is still available at no charge from the Ubisoft Club. The Crew will take its place on the zero dollar podium on September 14 until October 11th

Source: PC Gamer

My personal experience with The Crew is overall positive. I do enjoy racing games alot since several years now and this one is one of the most beautifulst racing games I ve played. Its not the best graphics nowadays but taking a look at its age it is still untopped with the size of the map and possibilities you have. Overall it is free for a limited time now so cant go wrong with this one.
I carried a small roleplay part into this world as beeing member of the West Coast 5-10's (as stated in my ingame profile) and I want to extend the roleplay experience soon for thoose that are interested. I think its kinda a good combo to drive around the US and dive into 3DXChat as soon as the racing action is over to socialize with some team members or extend the stories a little further. Also the game beeing for free is a good thing although the internet is split on this as many purchased the game for good money back in the day which leaves a salty taste in the loyal customers mouth.

At the other hand it might refresh the player base of the game and also its a good opportunity to spread the word about the most underrated game.

Stay tuned on details.

• 2 weeks later...

The Crew Calling All Units is hitting stores November 29, so here are some details on how to get it.

Players who don’t own The Crew will have the opportunity to snatch the whole experience in one go, with The Crew Ultimate Edition. This includes The Crew, The Crew Wild Run and The Crew Calling All Units expansions, as well as all 19 cars from the Season Pass. You will be able to get it at your local store or online at the price of 50€/$50.

However, if you’re part of the 9 million players who already own The Crew, you’ll want to get The Crew Calling All Units expansion, available on all digital stores. Because we want you to have the finest experience in our huge open world, we’ve decided to include The Crew Wild Run for free to this package, that will be released at the price of 25€/$25.

We also have something for players who already own The Crew Wild Run: when they pick up their copy of The Crew Calling All Units, they will automatically get the Nissan GT-R 2016 for free, which is a Calling All Units exclusive vehicle. This will happen to anyone who bought and played The Crew Wild Run before the release of The Crew Calling All Units.

See you on the roads,

The Crew Team

Source

Silly you, of cource we're the bad(ie)y boys'n bishses in "da crew" game and i want a ****** bike,ok?! HA HAA + i only ment PONC - Petty Offica Nikki Chiki bezüglich 3DX du bachele^^ und kumm schun här, für ähn full performancen guats nächtle drickerle^^

giphy.gif 

PS -Editle:

And better now? satisfied? laughs

Edited by KYUSS

Yeah impatient people can buy all stuff on Day 1 with Crew Credits if they invest real money.

But you also win Crew Credits ingame and also alot of Ingame Cash which can buy you anything aswell. You just need to invest some playtime (like in any game). IMHO its pretty fair share game. You get MMO aspects and online experience without a monthly sub.

Yeah impatient people can buy all stuff on Day 1 with Crew Credits if they invest real money.

But you also win Crew Credits ingame and also alot of Ingame Cash which can buy you anything aswell. You just need to invest some playtime (like in any game). IMHO its pretty fair share game. You get MMO aspects and online experience without a monthly sub.

Luckily I'm not one of these :P

Thx for the info Nikki! So far it really looks great.

Luckily I'm not one of these :P

Thx for the info Nikki! So far it really looks great.

Yeah its not bad for a 2yrs old game. And the map size is still unbeaten. I dont think the new Forza has a map of that size even.

Ivory Tower did a master piece with their map.

• 1 month later...

I've tried it last night and really liked it. So I'm going to buy it, especially because it's not that expensive atm. Any advice on what I should buy (standard edition vs. ultimate edition .. or anything in between) will be appreciated. As well as some useful hints for beginners.

Thanks in advance :)