3DXChat Community

move to 2.0

Ginevra

I have a hard time understanding why people are so stuck on 1.0, but I believe mostly people are reluctant to try new things... and this:

herd.gif

All their friends are on 1.0, so that's where they are.  Cumulative effect: most people stay on 1.0

It doesn't help that 2.0 is still in beta and definitely some people are having more bugs than 1.0 (for me that's not the case).  Personally I've been here nearly full time since 2 patches ago, and only go back to 1.0 grudgingly for social events on rare occasions.

But the population has grown quite a bit, and just think how you'll miss the quiet intimacy we have now when servers merge and everybody's in 2.0!

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me personally and i said it several times before. My reluctance it doing free beta testing on something i did not feel invested in first place, when i feel there so many other features or things that could been implemented that would been better. That and put in fact wet get no reduction in subscription fee or our subscription extended with a month or so for doing volunteer beta testing, as subscription fee is already pretty high i just don't see myself spending time filling in bug reports and tracking down bugs for free on my own time, while still paying full subscription for it. Call me selfish if you like just think, just don't think that is really a fair thing to ask in my opinion.

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me personally and i said it several times before. My reluctance it doing free beta testing on something i did not feel invested in first place, when i feel there so many other features or things that could been implemented that would been better. That and put in fact wet get no reduction in subscription fee or our subscription extended with a month or so for doing volunteer beta testing, as subscription fee is already pretty high i just don't see myself spending time filling in bug reports and tracking down bugs for free on my own time, while still paying full subscription for it. Call me selfish if you like just think, just don't think that is really a fair thing to ask in my opinion.

Maybe adding the possibility to be online with 1.0 and 2.0 at the same time would push 1.0 users to have a try on the beta and use it more. I don't know, just thinking.

Kiss

Nion

The problem is that if you keep on fixing bugs I can understand that you call the game a beta still. But when you start to add new things, as well as new poses and new features, I think you should definitely close 1.0 and release the 2.0 officially.

2.0 has less bugs now, and devs started already to introduce new things, such as the offline PMs for example. Theseare important features.

You know, I am just trying to push on them because I think they can handle 2.0 as the standalone version now and start to introduce new content (specially after saying that unity 5 would let them to create new content easier than unity 4)...

Dreaming kiss

Nion

Who says anything about tracking and reporting bugs...? You can just sit and laze doing absoultely nothing or boink around, no need to do the devs a favour or anything. Besides this, well, it's about making 2.0 become the official client faster, as I already mentioned and to get new content!

Well I respect what you've said, but you are invested simply by being a paid member of the game. You're investment is to help them help you improve the game in its beta form, cause once it's out of its beta form other things can be done to the game with more attention focused on it. It's not selfish of you it's pretty much your choice.

Shhhh Ginny! 2.0 is like the 3DXChat few years back! We've left the colders and weirdos behind, lets not hurry with inviting them over to our paradise x) Sure its a little more quiet but I say quality over quantity ^_^

No offense to anyone using the official client x)

so, do we are the èlite of 3dx now?

1.0 will be shut down when 2.0 is going gold and everyone will finally play one game again. Why are you people in such a rush? Do you want a stable 2.0 or nah?

There is a reason for it being called a beta. It is to be tested and put through the ringers before going into it's final release, but that won't happen any time soon if there isn't enough people to test it, report bugs found, and test it's stability which btw it's very stable and runs a lot better than it's predecessor. There are so many people making excuses as to why they are not doing the beta, a few are making valid cases for their choosing not to switch over, and then there is the many people who make valid cases with facts to back up in regards to why others should join. Let me just say the valid cases on why others should join outweighs the cases and excuses to stay in 1.0.

as long as they keep 1.0 open, people are going to stay there, just the way it is. graphics arent that big of a jump. if they truly want to give people a reason, add some poses for just 2.0 and watch them flock like a band of horny geese

Not to mention that room editing is limited, if you know what i mean. some are hesitant for that reason also

From the places I've been to on 2.0 although I'm not a fan and leave as soon as I realize it, but some places in 2.0 are modified using dll files and/or cheat engines. Therefore the room editing being limited only applies to members such as myself.

From the places I've been to on 2.0 although I'm not a fan and leave as soon as I realize it, but some places in 2.0 are modified using dll files and/or cheat engines. Therefore the room editing being limited only applies to members such as myself.

I don't think you can use the DLL in 2.0. People make the edits in 1.0 which are then saved across to 2.0.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like there is now. Those DLL people are fast :P

It is running good. Few little bugs here and there but nothing really game breaking for me.

We kinda need a huge party with 150 people in one location to really give it a good test though. For all we know whole thing may crash and burn until something like that happens. Devs need to set up big official test party! Throw a banner in both versions. A sticky on the forums and launcher .. Maybe convince Achilles to do one last gig in a public place. For old times sake.  Add a few more raunchy sex  poses and some pigtails and people would flock to it. :P

If the beta don't blow up after a bad ass public gathering. Then it is ready for prime time in my opinion. To unleash the game before doing so, could spell disaster! We need a stress test! 

That said i like it over there on beta. It is so pretty and going back to normal one is a tease and a half after playing on beta non stop since last update. If you have not tried it. You really should. It is miles ahead now. This last update really made a huge difference.  

Well at first I was reluctant because most my friends were in 1.0, and also the first release was very flawed especially with the rooms merging (annoying).

Once it was stable enough, I jumped to 2.0 and never went back to 1.0, unless really necessary.

Not to mention that 1.0 was in "beta" for almost 2 years, and it didn't stop anyone from playing it, since we didn't really have a choice... and I believe now with the new settings, any computer that can run 1.0 can also run 2.0 just fine.

I even see on this forum people asking when the things from 2.0 will be added to 1.0 .... ???? Seriously ??? Why even ??

So in conclusion I think currently 2.0 is stable enough for 1.0 to be shut down. Yes there are few bugs, but 1.0 still has bugs too...

We all asked for changes, yes this isn't poses and stuff in overload, but it's still a big improvement... so start making the most of it...

I don't think you can use the DLL in 2.0. People make the edits in 1.0 which are then saved across to 2.0.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like there is now. Those DLL people are fast :P

Yes they are quick. When it comes to modified places I usually know what I'm talking about despite people thinking I'm just trying to stir the pot. I just don't like them for various reasons, but since they are not being stopped nor implemented in the game for players like me that wish not to gamble with violating tos I no longer bash on the dll and cheat engine use. I'm still in protest not to use them nor stay in a place that does use them once I realize a place is modified, but regardless I will say this. With me having a new pc in 1.0 being a gaming pc entering those types of places not knowing I was about to enter them I had so many issues such as long load times and lag, but in 2.0 those issues don't even present themselves at all. Clearly it was 1.0 causing all the load and lag issues with modified places well mostly. 2.0 has none which also adds to my case that 2.0 should be a voluntary move soon before people are felt like they were forced to move once things are done.

FYI: There is very few legitimate reasons to stay in 1.0 and not give 2.0 beta a chance.

It is running good. Few little bugs here and there but nothing really game breaking for me.

We kinda need a huge party with 150 people in one location to really give it a good test though. For all we know whole thing may crash and burn until something like that happens. Devs need to set up big official test party! Throw a banner in both versions. A sticky on the forums and launcher .. Maybe convince Achilles to do one last gig in a public place. For old times sake. Add a few more raunchy sex poses and some pigtails and people would flock to it. :P

If the beta don't blow up after a bad ass public gathering. Then it is ready for prime time in my opinion. To unleash the game before doing so, could spell disaster! We need a stress test!

That said i like it over there on beta. It is so pretty and going back to normal one is a tease and a half after playing on beta non stop since last update. If you have not tried it. You really should. It is miles ahead now. This last update really made a huge difference.

Now I believe it's ready right now, but I do agree with you on all you said minus the pig tails. Lol (What are we 6 and 7?) Anyways cross promoting a huge test party for the beta would be a great idea and I'm more than sure the beta can handle 150 and then some. Then once the test passes they should merge the servers or better yet shut down the server for 1.0 preventing future log in to 1.0 forcing everyone onto 2.0.

Sorry... new and don't have time to read every post... is 2.0 a new game or a per-build, beta for this game? Are they going to merge both builds? Please message me... :D

2.0 is a beta build up from the current 3dxchat that a lot of us is calling 1.0 and welcome. At some point the original 3dxchat servers will shut down and we will only be able to play on 2.0. However 2.0 is better than 1.0, but has it's share of members who are choosing to stay on 1.0 until they have no choice in moving to 2.0. I hope this answers your question.