3DXChat Community

Roleplay Fansite

KellenThorne

Hello to the roleplayers out there!  *waves to the one guy in the room*

OK, I know there is more than one of you out there after reading through these forums and over hearing chats in the game.  However a lot of times when in the game it feels like you are the only roleplayer in the room.

As the game is very limited for roleplayers I have been thinking of ways to build a stronger RP community inside of 3dx.  My thought is to make a 3dxchat fansite for roleplayers.  The site would contain event calendars, forums, news, private messaging and a chat room.  The one I have in mind also has a cell phone app and is compatible with instant messengers so people can keep in touch and leave messages even when they are not in the game.

So before I put the time and money into putting my idea into motion I was curious to see what kind of interest there would be from the 3dx RP community.  Does this sound like something you would use?

Thanks, 

Kellen

Oh, ya, I can totally do the roleplay, sugarcube. I'm good with Girl Next Door, Coquette Maid (though me French is sucky), and got a nurse dress... somewhere.

Wait... tha's not wut you're talkin' 'bout, is it?  :o

There are some that roleplay, quite a bunch of us actually, who stick by their character. I like storydriven RP, where sex isn't even a must, it's just a thing RP could lead to, if I like my partner(am I weird?).

Okay before I derail any further, I would use such a site BUT as for me personally, there are quite a bunch that want to RP with me and I find it hard already to split my time. (Not that I do RP a lot >-<)

Oh, ya, I can totally do the roleplay, sugarcube. I'm good with Girl Next Door, Coquette Maid (though me French is sucky), and got a nurse dress... somewhere.

Wait... tha's not wut you're talkin' 'bout, is it?  :o

OK, I thought I was fussy and really got into my role but they expect you to speak French when you are a Coquette Maid? That's beyond the call of roleplaying duty. :D

That's scenario roleplaying, rather than having a role you have worked out that is "you" that you play all the time. Both are super sexy.

-------

I think you should stick to this site, that way new people are most likely to spot what it happening. I don't think we have tons of roleplayers that need organising, but certainly enough that we need more threads on here to keep us together.

The main way we spot each other online seems to be looking for talk about roleplaying in the profile. Works to an extent.

It's possible that website won't work because there were and are different topics about gathering roleplayers. And where are these topics now? - Somewhere in history of this forum. The same will be with your one. People will discuss a little here and forget about it. Why am I saying it? Because if people can't find roleplayers or do it rarely with 3dxforum,they won't do it with your website moreover. The only way to unite them all is to work hard and spend a lot of time... Do you really want it?

Think to be honest it is the few that spend a lot of time on forums, i think if RP enjoying part community need to grow. More need to open public RP rooms,  it's really challenging searching out other RPer's without resorting reading everyone's profile through in systematic order around the public area's. Of cause unless they're being really vocally active in local chat which i feel like few RPer's at times are.

Another idea would be to add a global roleplaying channel, add a roleplayer tag/addon you pay a small amount of Xgold to add and remove. That would avoid random people spamming RP channel unless they want to run around with the tag roleplayer. But then again just a thought. Probably best solution would be to just try get RPer's to unite a bit more help keep some meeting places open and such. Another option to RP Tag addon idea could be to make a room opening option exclusively for people wearing the tag too, would limit room tourist who are not really interested in any RP.

Think to be honest it is the few that spend a lot of time on forums, i think if RP enjoying part community need to grow. More need to open public RP rooms,  it's really challenging searching out other RPer's without resorting reading everyone's profile through in systematic order around the public area's. Of cause unless they're being really vocally active in local chat which i feel like few RPer's at times are.

Another idea would be to add a global roleplaying channel, add a roleplayer tag/addon you pay a small amount of Xgold to add and remove. That would avoid random people spamming RP channel unless they want to run around with the tag roleplayer. But then again just a thought. Probably best solution would be to just try get RPer's to unite a bit more help keep some meeting places open and such. Another option to RP Tag addon idea could be to make a room opening option exclusively for people wearing the tag too, would limit room tourist who are not really interested in any RP.

Something like this would be awesome Kimmie.  I was just trying to think of something outside of waiting on the devs to make something.  Stuff for RP doesn't seem to be anywhere near the top of the to do list.  I remember back when they did have a global RP chat but it was nothing more than a second global world chat so nobody would use it.  There needs to be some sort of troll catching device.  :P

Thanks for the feedback from everyone.  I think you all make good points and it seems trying to do anything outside of the game itself or these forums most likely will not work.

If you had a global chat you had to sign up to would non roleplayers bother? But not sure how easy that would be to put into the game. Has anyone just used the letters RP in their location description to attract roleplayers, whenever they create a room? Hardly full proof mind you.

If you had a global chat you had to sign up to would non roleplayers bother? But not sure how easy that would be to put into the game. Has anyone just used the letters RP in their location description to attract roleplayers, whenever they create a room? Hardly full proof mind you.

Hard to really make anything fool proof, at best in process of nearing it often result is limiting experiences for some other community members. But something like my suggestion might limit the amount of room tourist that accidentally drop by, who often don't seem to know what the RP stand for it would seem. But i guess what community of roleplayer's could do themselves is to open more public rooms with RP tags so it make them more visible to rest of us, or for that matter easy to find a meeting HUB.

I tried to do it myself a couple times, but mostly to extend of finding RP between me and another, rather than something like a Coffee shop hangout or such meeting place room for roleplayers in general to meet at. Guess that i don't have the infamously considered cheat tool limit room options a bit too, down to my own creativity. Then i guess secondly i always used both rooms when i filmed so without any options to save the room layout and recall them, making whole idea making rooms for anything but filming at the time to much of a hassle.

But at this point in time i am slowly starting to give up on any hope there will really be much in terms of roleplay to find, feel like each time i log on i look through user room list see nothing. Then left with option to just room and check up profile or open a room each time and wait for something to happen, why i am not really sure if it's sustainable enough for to keep trying and not just look for some other alternatives.

But yah less you want to just chat text on some forum or similar the Erotic Roleplaying product options out there seem very limited, even second life which used to be such a great place for it seem to be mostly just Rape RP sims and BDSM RP now sadly. 

I try to RP almost exclusively in game and it is kind of sad that there isn't more to be had. I'm not even looking for the sex aspect of it. Like Maelyn said a little further up, if it happens, it happens. It's the story that keeps me interested and I've been lucky enough to be able to interact with a couple of folks here that really have been a huge amount of fun to get to know as personas. It's been far, far too long since I've had the chance to really stretch the old RP muscles and develop a story and plot lines like I have in the past few days. I'll keep this in the back of my mind and see if there is anything I can think of that might be of other use here. 

*A small own experience and a little advertising :/ * I'm a member of The Quiet Temple - a clan of roleplayers. Every saturday at 10 p.m. (GMT +2) we open room titled "[RP] The Quiet Temple". Soooo, here is where the advertising ends and starts my experience about openning rooms with RP tag - usually there are only a few of us constant visitors, including Maelyn. People come, look at us for a minute or more, usually stay silent or just say "Hi" and after it leave. And nothing happens. We keep roleplaying but newcomers don't do it actually