3DXChat Community

30 Day Wonder

Flakey

Ok so tonight I have just experienced Old vs New players and the 30 day wonder which really got to me because I am friends with this Old player got to know him on a personal note...And even decided to exchange Skype names...Frown upon it how ever you like, but when you generally have a connection whats the harm right...I met a few new friends tonight as you dance at the bar and have a good time watching and talk to the people who decide to have a decent conversation with you right?..WE were scouting out the bar in a  group conversation suggestions on who we should have some fun with, I suggested someone but I didn't know that the person I suggested was "busy" and who she was busy with was my friend...I messaged him lightly and said you were just the the talk of the group chat I don't he seemed to be ok with that he told me he has known her for sometime and I told him I don't want to interrupt...Then he just went off and said how immature it is I didn't know what was going on with the rest of the group they must have went and started clapping and he took offense to what they were bugging him?..I mean it is a Public club not a private he started ranting off at me and talking about how the community doesn't need this type of behavior and childish teenage attitude running around...I feel hurt cause I mean yes I did met some new people and No i didn't mean to offend him but I guess in this case "it's easier to blame minorities"...he started talking about we have a thing here us older players call it  30 day wonder where this childish behavior doesn't last long and your known as a 30 day wonder...Then I realize that he is attacking me also...I don't know I just didn't realize how small he made me just because I'm new but as for my group they have been playing longer than me one beginning of the year one last year September...he didn't know anything about them at all...Just an assumption...I'm not writing this post for any good or bad replies but I would be a 30 day wonder myself with the currency exchange and all lol...Is it really like that with the "older" part of the community feel they have the right to set judgement because they have paid more or been around longer?...I mean I thought of him as my friend and he took what we were doing the wrong way...Don't act all innocent like you have not scouted before with a group of friends who can get who, truth or dare, the first one to...I mean it's an adult game for adults right lol?..But behind the avatars are human beings looking to have general fun and I thought that was what we were doing.

Guest silverbackalphabull

Flakey, did your so-called friend tell you what the definition of being an "older player" is? Is it someone who is older by age or perhaps is it their length of time in the game? It would be interesting to know since I missed the label "30 day wonder" during My first 30 days in the game when I first joined. Also it would nice to know which demographic of individuals this group consists of as a way to avoid them at all costs. The is a post that SamanthaSweetheart put in a post titled "I love 3dxchat" under the question, "2. What would I tell players about this game if they haven't played 3DXChat yet?" that I added to which I will put here for you.

A friendly attitude will most certainly make way for you here. Be aware that several groups are weary of accepting new players, and their attitudes may seem abrasive at first, but once you get to know people, you'll find yourself enjoying your time more. You should also be weary of people and groups before you align yourself with just anyone. Get to know as many as you can first then make your decision as to who you are most compatible with. Friendships and loyalty have a tendency to change, but this will hopefully insure you have the best experience possible until you decide what you want to get out of your 3dx experience.

Unless your intent is to be malicious at the expense of others for your own gratification and pleasure don't sweat stupid behavior and comments that may make you feel poorly by someone else. It's a waste of time. You may be new to the game, but you're not in life.

Have an excellent day.

Thanks so much that really helps me alot the advise that you gave in the ""older player" is? Is it someone who is older by age" that is true very true, but it was really harmless fun and it was public display and he said to me its "f***ing game" literally. I have the friends yes one who introduced me to this site whose very kind and giving me advise about the whole 3dxchat experience lol whom I'm thankful to have when I need questions...Briana I think you were absolutely right I think they just wanted to show a newbie a good time since I mean all i really do is dance unless I have the odd occasion where I am not on the dance floor exploring. Even when I meet a 2 week player I always show them the ropes even the glitches and the fun the game can really offer. I feel much better thanks so much silverbackalphabull and briana!!!

Guest MasonR

I've found it hard just being a guy here!! Then again, maybe I'm hanging about the wrong places and I'm new. Anyway, that guy doesn't seem much like a friend if that's way he's acting, so if you haven't already, get rid coz no one needs arseholes in their lives, especially in a "virtual game".

Oh and hi :D

Guest Twiggy

I have been playing on and off for almost 2 years, so I guess I could now be called one of the older players, which is kind of funny as I still refer to different people that I know have been here longer than me as the older players.

But this is the 1st time I have heard of this 30 day wonder thing, but I guess there is all sorts of labelling goes on in 3DX.

I wouldn't let it worry you, there are some people that spend most of their time in 3DX finding things to fight about, people that over react to things and others that just seem to find fault in anything said to them.

Mostly people in 3DX are pretty cool, and you will find some people that will respect and treat you well.

Just take your time and you will find some people you can enjoy the game with, it is not somewhere where you will know exactly how things work until you have been here for a little while.

There will be people that will be nice and help you settle in and there will people that will do similar things to what you are talking about now.

Just ignore the ones that are disrespectful and stick with the ones that show respect.

Think there always been group or tight-knit, since 3Dxchat attract various people that share different notions about what they consider to be fun. I think it's always inevitable that it will happen, that some will form groups with purpose to narrowing their social circle to selective picking. Personally i don't really do any knit groups myself right now, but have to confess there certain places i avoid going to, mostly to avoid certain groups myself.

This only speaking on my own behalf here but when you been around a while, you will notice certain groups of players have a habit of cold inviting you for sex. That said nothing wrong with that as such, some are very visual and physical when it comes to sex. Other have different need like being able to be stimulated with fantasy, foreplay or etc.. For me i need descriptive sex or roleplay to remotely enjoy it, so i have a tendency to avoid players or location where i know there will be lots of cold inviting.

Think there a lot players who either individually or as groups have similar way of selectively picking who they choose to hang out with and who not to, that said i always like talking with all kind of different people, but sex wise i have certain preferences i am very selective about.

But thing is often doesn't just come down to selection from what i seen, there often also sometimes tension between groups. I am guessing some that coming down to direction players want to see 3Dxchat take in future. Before anyone start saying that what i am saying not true, anyone who been here long enough seen clashes on forums before.

Can tell you already now who 3 of these groups are now, some ones who want this to be more than virtual sex product but also a dating terminal, another group is ones who want this to be more a sex simulation than a chat, 3rd group ones who want those to have a lot socializing elements about it and not be as heavily a sex product but rather a balanced mix.

Which made this forum at time a bonfire of debates and heated discussion, which i think has contributed a bit to group in-game becoming a lot tight-knit and exclusively.

I have been here 2 1/2 years and its the first time I have heard of this 30 day wonder thing.  A lot of older players who have been around this game a while ( and no been here 6 months does not make you an older player like some think) we tend to be cautious of new people we meet, as on many occasions these people turn out to not be new but just reincarnated alts, but that's another story.

For him to react like he did over basically nothing makes me think the only one acting immature is him, an older or long time player would react in a more mature manner.

Some friend! I love how he seeks to blame his crazy outburst on you and make out like he doing us all a service. Normal rules would dictate he just laughed it off and said "she is with me" and left it at that.

I've never heard of a thirty day wonder before.

Well after all that I upgraded subscription so even if there was a 30 day wonder IM WILL SAY I AM FOREVER WILL BE A PROUD to have been 30 day wonder and live it up cause I'm still considered a a Noob heheheh Thanks for all the advise you all have given I just blocked him I felt that you need to experience 3dx they way you want and if there is any drama there is a lovely thing called Ignore list which he will be added too...for all those who are new too always remember that you paid for the experience that you hope to get and don't let anyone else old players or new ruin your experience. Enjoy while it last cause enjoy your time meeting new people just enjoy and have fun for yourself...!!!!!

Drama! The Melodrama! Does her drama school dance. :D

Ok serious now, don't read to much into this, shake it off. You are new, some people thought you made mistakes...well you are new! Shake it off and carry on chatting. Its a 'getting to know you' experience. You have to learn, they have to learn. Really hope it goes well for you from now on.

Flakey just be yourself and have fun. Just like real life it's mind over matter. You can please some people, but never able to please all people. You're going to ruffle some feathers without trying to and some will take offense to things you say that no one should take offense to, but that's life. You can only live for you not others and if they make it seem like you're to live for them then they simply don't matter and pay them no mind.