#21 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

might also want to double check you dont have the others alt blocked, could be the source of the problem because blocks are account wide

#22 Chikan

Chikan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

I got the exact same feeling about it because it happen to me like... 2-3 times now that the person who I'm friend with and spend the most of the time during the short period of time, which makes me pretty sure that it must've been some sort of bug. At first, I was thinking that it's because of the 'spam' protection later made me think that some 'key' words are making this happening or maybe are overused and forbidden. All of that was mentioned and I got some SS's of the conversations minutes before it. I'll be informing someone who can actually do something with that bug, because today it reached the boiling point.

#23 ffan

ffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSomewhere mid Europe, GMT +1:00

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

It happened to me with the 2.5 version. One contact still in my "Offline friends" list with profile showing up "You can't view this profile due to a mutual ignore" but never added to my ignore list.  :angry:

#24 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

mutual ignore means they blocked you. you dont have to block them also for it to say mutual. thats just the standard message it gives when someone gets blocked

#25 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

I thought if they blocked you then they automatically vanished from your friends list, is that still how it works ?

• ffan likes this

#26 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

Nope unless it changed recently.

#27 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

just ran a test, it doesn't delete and as you can see, still says mutual for those who asked. she doesn't have me blocked  unless she sees I blocked her for this test lol

ad7a05b2d7a5443f9657c33cf46dee33.png

#28 ffan

ffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

I've run a test with (still talking about 2.5 beta, build 362) a friend asking to block me and my contact completely vanished from all my lists when the block was set on "Complete Ignore".

Once unblocked we had to add each other back to our friends list.

The "mutual ignore" profile had an update btw and now it says "Deleted character".

#29 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

It is a bug...don't worry

• ffan likes this

#30 ffan

ffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

It is a bug...don't worry

Thank you, we will see how it goes.

#31 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Wow, I didn't even know that it came up with that message, but then I really haven't looked at it in how it works since way back in V1.

I think then it use to just delete anyone blocked from both friends lists, but I could very well be wrong.

Thanks for the tests guys so we know what should or shouldn't happen.

Gets confusing sometimes.

#32 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

I've run a test with (still talking about 2.5 beta, build 362) a friend asking to block me and my contact completely vanished from all my lists when the block was set on "Complete Ignore".

The "mutual ignore" profile had an update btw and now it says "Deleted character".

Odd because i used complete ignore and as you can see jas is still on my list and i was on hers. Must be a glitch on your end
  • ffan likes this

#33 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

I've run a test with (still talking about 2.5 beta, build 362) a friend asking to block me and my contact completely vanished from all my lists when the block was set on "Complete Ignore".

this game is pretty much glitch central. if you lost the contact it was a glitch or they deleted you. the block button wont delete anyone

• ffan likes this

#34 ffan

ffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Update: it goes that the contact disappeared from my list today so, I'll never know what happened unless we will meet again without being blocked.  :wacko:

#35 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

Judging from the friend/ignore list formats, I'd say they're stored in the database as plain text, so it's most likely they're not updated when a user entry is removed. Probably there is a maintenance routine that is run regularly or manually to clean up all the orphaned data, or something like that.

#36 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Pity that I see this post only now... Just wanted inform 3DX players that someone shown me that it is possible to see friend list of others by hacking the game (he did the test on me and then shown me my FL).

It was 1 year ago ant I didnot take care so much because not important for me if some can read my FL. But I can understand it could be part of private life for some people.

If I replied today to this post, it is beause I am most concerned these times. I heard that some players can have access to more information about each avatars of the game and today one of this player talked to me and say me that yesterday all was "stored" about me (threat). Don't know if this guy say true and what he really want mean (I just know he hates me) but I would like to be sure that my private life is safe. So how 3DX team can garanty our privacy? Can 3DX team give us more information about how our privacy is proctedected inside the game? I mean is it sure that no one can access to our private message or action here? because there is some noise here who say it is possible... all acount's history. Are our private messages and actions are archived on 3DXchat server? Can some players have access to this database?

#37 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

i know of no hack like that. doesnt mean there isnt but im a nosey fucker and i have to think i would have heard about it

be carefull who you listen too, all sorts of people spread bullshit rumors here, someone tried telling me the other day there is a hack and all it takes is 5 people to say a word at the same time. sanity is a fragile thing....

#38 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Maybe it was possible to see other people's friend/ignore lists in the past, I don't know, but right now the user's password is required to access those lists.

It is always possible that the chat messages are being logged by the server, but that seems highly unlikely to me.

#39 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Yeah dont worry, I know too much about rumors in 3DX land and I wish it is just that :), but I saw more about hack here, from my eyes, not rumors, so just wanted to be sure that 3dxchat team take care of private life. I think it is important in this kind of social network.

#40 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

My avi did get hacked, multiple people had their private issues known. Already let Gizmo and others know but he wanted more proof. And even gave an excuse on how that person was able to read who owned certain avis. Sending people who get this violations to Gizmo from here on. And to report the bug and his $1 mic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users