3DXChat Community

Help, somone hacked my friendlist

Jacqueline

Judging from the friend/ignore list formats, I'd say they're stored in the database as plain text, so it's most likely they're not updated when a user entry is removed. Probably there is a maintenance routine that is run regularly or manually to clean up all the orphaned data, or something like that.

Hi everyone,

Pity that I see this post only now... Just wanted inform 3DX players that someone shown me that it is possible to see friend list of others by hacking the game (he did the test on me and then shown me my FL).

It was 1 year ago ant I didnot take care so much because not important for me if some can read my FL. But I can understand it could be part of private life for some people.

If I replied today to this post, it is beause I am most concerned these times. I heard that some players can have access to more information about each avatars of the game and today one of this player talked to me and say me that yesterday all was "stored" about me (threat). Don't know if this guy say true and what he really want mean (I just know he hates me) but I would like to be sure that my private life is safe. So how 3DX team can garanty our privacy? Can 3DX team give us more information about how our privacy is proctedected inside the game? I mean is it sure that no one can access to our private message or action here? because there is some noise here who say it is possible... all acount's history. Are our private messages and actions are archived on 3DXchat server? Can some players have access to this database?

Maybe it was possible to see other people's friend/ignore lists in the past, I don't know, but right now the user's password is required to access those lists.

It is always possible that the chat messages are being logged by the server, but that seems highly unlikely to me.

Yeah dont worry, I know too much about rumors in 3DX land and I wish it is just that :), but I saw more about hack here, from my eyes, not rumors, so just wanted to be sure that 3dxchat team take care of private life. I think it is important in this kind of social network.

My avi did get hacked, multiple people had their private issues known. Already let Gizmo and others know but he wanted more proof. And even gave an excuse on how that person was able to read who owned certain avis. Sending people who get this violations to Gizmo from here on. And to report the bug and his $1 mic.