3DXChat Community

Roleplayer's Gathering

Conlan

Greetings everyone :)

Like the title says, I am trying to find/gather some people interested in RP.

My goal is to eventually have some kind of "RP-Corner", where people interested in RP can meet, chat and find other Roleplayers.

I'll also try to keep my ingame room open as often as I can, so it can become a spot for meetings. For now I'll call it "RP-Gathering". Try to look out for it in the rooms-list ;)

I hope to hear from you all.

Also: Please feel free to post ideas for RP and improvements/suggestions.

PS: My ingame name is also Conlan. Feel free to PM me wherever you see me ;)

ummmmm...that's what been happening on 3DX since the launch >.>

That might be the case :)

I am just trying to gather them in one place. Or is there already something like that happening and silly me missed it?

Great initiative.

Think if developers wanted to start talking RP community on any level serious they need add:

They need to add new locations that support various RP and more outfits, possibly RP tag titles like nurse etc.. Maybe even a tag above or below character name ability to assign yourself a RP name.

Last two mostly because if you meet new people who want to RP but not sure how to go about it, you often fight with some them having to adjust to doing more with imagination.

Think it's why so many roleplayers been mandating removal of character creation cost, because some people simply don't grasp concept that person with that name they meet as a freshly trained nurse with red hair they meet a month or so ago, not is a secretary that grew up in a rough neighbor making her way to top.

A lot them still see nurse Jill they meet a month ago, which can be a real hindrance for roleplayers who don't want to be stuck doing same, roleplaying fantasy again and again. But don't feel it's really viable either to pay fee each time to make a new avi.

Good initiative! :) Will check it out.

And as far as I know, regular roleplay (non sexual) is almost impossible to find on here,

so the few of us that enjoy it will be grateful.

Of course there will also be something for people who enjoy non-sexual RP ;)

And if you seek sexual-RP,  there will of course be something for you as well:) <-- (I am guessing most people will be looking for this, with 3dx being a sex/chat-game and all... :)  )

• 4 weeks later...

Think if i could had a wish list then i would loved a dedicated public RP room, so you had a place that was always open you could meet other roleplayer's then move to somewhere more private if needed. Right now it feels like best way to meet RPers either through forum or making a dedicated user room, but it can sometimes be a hazzle, either because to many show to involve everyone or you have room tourist which not really there to RP. So you spend a lot of time distracting to give them attention only to have them leave.

Another thing i think would be nice would be able to add a roleplaying tag to ones avatar, so it's easy to see you're a roleplay without having to go into profiles. Think that would also avoid a lot misunderstandings where someone choose not to read your profile, there by were not really aware. But also to more easy find others who tagged themselves as roleplayers.

A roleplay tag is a useless thing in my opinion because regulars will just write some shit there like "Your daddy" or "The biggest cock is here  -->" or "Mariana Trench". There are different roleplay communities. All of them have different deepness of roleplaying. So the only thing is to spend some time on the forum or in the game to find them. It's probably boring and tediously but it worth it. I myself found a community I enjoy this way

A roleplay tag would be good, "Name RP" sort of thing. Not sure how well permanent rooms would work, are there any other permanent rooms? Could you restrict entrance to those with such a tag? 

Meant same way there public spots, like beach, yacht, night club, sin club and club fresco now. Think they could made a public room dedicated to role player meet ups like made a drama/acting class stage(could had like a stage and tables and chairs around for instance. Just one idea for how room could been put together).

Think problem with having all meet ups in user made roleplay tagged rooms oiften, 1 you can really write much to describe room because you need to inform its roleplay, secondly person who has it open need to close it down if they want to go private in a roleplay with someone, head to persons room or ignore any other room guests. 

A roleplay tag is a useless thing in my opinion because regulars will just write some shit there like "Your daddy" or "The biggest cock is here  -->" or "Mariana Trench". There are different roleplay communities. All of them have different deepness of roleplaying. So the only thing is to spend some time on the forum or in the game to find them. It's probably boring and tediously but it worth it. I myself found a community I enjoy this way

Maybe should been like a sort channel instead, not like old one but one where like with group chat you can see who is logged into it searching for roleplays or roleplayers. Where you can chat them up, see point that a roleplay tag might be used by others for different purposes i guess. Like the flip title in Second life often were i guess, so maybe dedicated roleplay haven(public room might been best, that didn't need for users to up user rooms for meet ups all time).

Chat channels can be nice idea to gather all interested people around. Whatever it is - RP, weather, politics and etc. The only reason to make the tag above or even instead your nickname is to wide roleplaying. I mean you can write there name of a character that you play or even to disguise yourself

Chat channels can be nice idea to gather all interested people around. Whatever it is - RP, weather, politics and etc. The only reason to make the tag above or even instead your nickname is to wide roleplaying. I mean you can write there name of a character that you play or even to disguise yourself

guess that is true think it was part problem with old roleplaying chat before it was removed that it was limited to room you were in. So few really ended using it, that and you could not really see if there way any in chat less they typed something. Think 3Dxchat need that hot spot for meeting other roleplayers inside, if or not it should be a mix of world chat and group chat interface wise or just a dedicated room i don't know. But forum's is not most active place people meet as lot spend more time inside than on forums, so an alternative been nice.

With growing number places to meet people inside it's really hard otherwise for a niche group of people to stumble onto each other.

guess that is true think it was part problem with old roleplaying chat before it was removed that it was limited to room you were in. So few really ended using it, that and you could not really see if there way any in chat less they typed something. Think 3Dxchat need that hot spot for meeting other roleplayers inside, if or not it should be a mix of world chat and group chat interface wise or just a dedicated room i don't know. But forum's is not most active place people meet as lot spend more time inside than on forums, so an alternative been nice.

With growing number places to meet people inside it's really hard otherwise for a niche group of people to stumble onto each other.

I think a chat channel would be more useful than a room and RP tags work best in open world games.

We can look at peoples profiles, I keep mine short as I think they are better used to spark interest than give people a roleplaying CV.

If they have nothing in their profile its a sign of things to come. :)

Anyway adding an RP channel isn't a solution because it'll become "World chat 2" where every person not interested in roleplaying will be spaming just because he can. To please everybody devs will have to rebuild the whole chat system to let people open their own chat channels just as their rooms and this option will take a loooong time to be made

Anyway adding an RP channel isn't a solution because it'll become "World chat 2" where every person not interested in roleplaying will be spaming just because he can. To please everybody devs will have to rebuild the whole chat system to let people open their own chat channels just as their rooms and this option will take a loooong time to be made

Guess that is a good point too you made, was going to say maybe group chats you could keep open until you exited them even if you went offline, but then again currently you can't kick anyone out of a group chat. So if anyone in group chat start adding people who then turn out to be disruptive there not real way to boot them out group chat less they leave themselves.

So guess you're right that there is probably not any easy solution i guess.