38 replies to this topic

#21 Eroticism4Ever

Eroticism4Ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

One last thing....ask yourself why would I be ranting when they are working on a fix?

Some people are too far in denial to see what's being said without the exact words despite what was said came while conversating about dll files being used which is why he said a fix was being worked on!

#22 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

The way you worded your original post can be taken and I think was meant to be taken that people will be punished for using the cheat.

I feel sure that was your intention, and I doubt very much that Gizmo will have even hinted towards that.

I know and I think everyone knows that eventually something will be done to prevent the use of cheats and DLLs.

But to imply that people will be punished is something else, you seemed to offer the quote as proof of what you had said before it, and even pushed to confirm that in comments after it.

The DLL can not be used at present in V2, but from what I understand it is because it is a different DLL in the new version and that the new DLL would need to be modified.

Which would mean the same problem could persist in the future.

When I spoke with Gizmo I asked that the rule be enforced and that it would only take him saying that it has to be.

And that is all it would take, is for him to say the rule will now be enforced and pretty much everyone would stop using it.

If he is saying that now it needs to be made public, he needs to announce it in these forums, if he did you would see everyone stop using it.

I agree fully that people using the DLL to open public locations as their own to the public is well over the top.

I also feel that there are things in the DLL that would need to be added as features in the game, and that is what I spoke to Gizmo about.

Simply adding a way to alter the "Y" axis on certain items would add a lot to what people can do with their rooms.

His answer to that was as I said, and if you want I will supply a screen shot of that.

I am not against what you are saying, but if that is what Gizmo is now saying he needs to make that public, as he has been asked to several times before.

#23 SkyDiver

SkyDiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAll around Europe

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

as far as i know no one really cares about what ppl do with their own rooms, haking or not hacking, opening it as a one of local locations or not, who cares? no one does

and i don't know why would you want to see that stopped, it's really beyond me

• Briana and RiviPiassa like this

#24 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

eroticimforeverspreadshitter.

#25 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

There are some that care, quite a lot actually, I use to as I have always been one to not break rules.

A while ago though when I got that answer from Gizmo it was made evident that he didn't care, so I started doing what I would say the majority of people are doing and started using it.

I actually find it quite good now and have accepted it, although I don't agree with all the public locations being used the way they are, but as there always seems to be lots going to those I would say there are lots like the idea.

But rules are rules and if they are going to be enforced I would not complain.

Having said that though, if it is to be done in a way where people are suddenly punished for using it, then that is something else.

I would expect that with all that has happened and the length of time it has been very much allowed to continue, that notice should be given to a date that the rule would start to be enforced.

• Epi and RiviPiassa like this

#26 SkyDiver

SkyDiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

this whole thing reminds me of a gay marriage(not saying that hacked rooms are gay, well, some are, this is not the point)

if you are against gay marriage -ok, good, don't marry a gay person, done!

if you are against hacked rooms - don't go in them, done!

and it's kinda a dumb rule anyway, ppl spend a lot of time creating rooms that are fun and vibrant for other ppl to enjoy, and OMG they doing it for free! wow!

Twiggy obeying rules is good, but you don't really need to obey them all, especially the ones that don't affect you personally. 

• Camden, Briana, JessicaX and 1 other like this

#27 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

I think the punishing of users is wishful thinking and to be clear, so is "taking care of" if the context is related to users being punished, which it surely seems like it considering the assumption that people are going to suddenly run to revert their rooms. Lol the game will do it for them, no need to waste time. Seems to me the answer was to clarify and pacify. I think it will be like with the body mods, no longer available. I just hope that as a result they offer more tools to allow users to be creative with their rooms and clothing. The mods exist for a reason.
  • Briana and RiviPiassa like this

#28 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Hey Skydiver, I am not saying at all that they should be enforced, I actually like the rooms, well most of them myself.

I am commenting on what Erotic seemed to be implying, that people will be taken care of who use the cheats, as in they will be punished.

But also, if the rule is enforced, then I don't think anyone has a right to complain, other than to say there should be things added to allow us to do similar things in our rooms.

• RiviPiassa likes this

#29 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

i will just say this. If the mods are influencing the stability of the game at all, bye bye. If not i really dont see the big deal but i understand both sides. 

• SkyDiver and RiviPiassa like this

#30 SkyDiver

SkyDiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

yep, what Rob said

• RiviPiassa likes this

#31 RiviPiassa

RiviPiassa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

Well I just wanted to know about it, someone had warned me that it was not cool, and that's when I started to read the forum more and more to know about what should and should not fazer..obrigado everyone who discussed this topic  :)

#32 Guest_TrixyTrump_*

Guest_TrixyTrump_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

I have and use the "hack" but I do not open it for anyone other than my partner and myself

It is nice to have a nice romantic evening on LI, and no one else there.

Some do not respect that, if you are with someone...... We do not need you dancing your naked self next to us!

Or propositioning my companion!

My two cents!

Trixy

• RiviPiassa likes this

#33 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

I have and use the "hack" but I do not open it for anyone other than my partner and myself

It is nice to have a nice romantic evening on LI, and no one else there.

Some do not respect that, if you are with someone...... We do not need you dancing your naked self next to us!

Or propositioning my companion!

My two cents!

Trixy

thats what the block button is for

• SkyDiver likes this

#34 SkyDiver

SkyDiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

thats what the block button is for

yeah, what Rob said

• RobT likes this

#35 Bennet

Bennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

I don't care about changing my room beyond what we can already do. But I have noticed women with outfits that are impossible to create in Charecter gen. Typically they have colours or motiffs on them that CG does not allow. I guess this is a cheat programme to? If it is causing problems for the designers they should not be used.

And more importantly I can't wear them, so they should not be used. :D

#36 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

yeah, what Rob said

Stop trolling. Only the master-troll himself is allowed to do that!

• RobT likes this

#37 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Stop trolling. Only the master-troll himself is allowed to do that!

yeah, what nik said  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#38 AnnaKat

AnnaKat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

I really don't understand why people take care about it so much. I don't think what this dll can make troubles someone. Maybe if developers will be actually working on the game, people would not create mods, trying to somehow diversify the game.

#39 Chantille

Chantille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

I have seen a Beach and a night club in the list of rooms. As far as I know, they are 3DX rooms, but are run by members. How do we obtain these to make public? I just want to use for my hubby and myself. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users