3DXChat Community

Fuck me I am famous

Nikki

How come? By the way how do we really define "professional"? Is it by getting paid in real life to play music?

I think the Topic starter wasn't talking about professional or not professional :)

But for myself is a professional DJ someone with enough experience to make money with it and who does as Business.

Hobby DJ or professional DJ who cares?

But what I call a DJ should be clear in my reply :)

Well you made an argument, and we are discussing it :o Nothing wrong with that :) And well I suppose if it's getting money I am a professional Dj as well :o Though I don't think as one myself. I have actually gotten paid for small clubs to play in events :P Which is nice, but I get all red and shaky so I avoid it :P lol

Guys, THIS is a DIARY (what is a diary?:Wikipedia says......

A diary (sometimes referred to as journal or notebook) is a record (originally in handwritten format) with discrete entries arranged by date reporting on what has happened over the course of a day or other period. A personal diary may include a person's experiences, and/or thoughts or feelings, including comment on current events outside the writer's direct experience. Someone who keeps a diary is known as a diarist. Diaries undertaken for institutional purposes play a role in many aspects of human civilization, including government records (e.g., Hansard), business ledgers and military records. In British English, the word may also denote a preprinted journal format.

Today the term is generally employed for personal diaries, normally intended to remain private or to have a limited circulation amongst friends or relatives. The word "journal" may be sometimes used for "diary," but generally a diary has (or intends to have) daily entries, whereas journal-writing can be less frequent.

Although a diary may provide information for a memoir, autobiography or biography, it is generally written not with the intention of being published as it stands, but for the author's own use. In recent years, however, there is internal evidence in some diaries (e.g., those of Ned Rorem, Alan Clark, Tony Benn or Simon Gray) that they are written with eventual publication in mind, with the intention of self-vindication (pre- or posthumous) or simply for profit.

By extension the term diary is also used to mean a printed publication of a written diary; and may also refer to other terms of journal including electronic formats (e.g., blogs).

Please DON'T make a diskussionthread in this diary

Guest Twiggy

Twiggy. You are correct. I am not going to go into that again which has already been discussed at length in the public DJs post.

People who buy MP3s will try to claim the moral high ground over people who use services like Spotify claiming that they are doing it legally. As you point out neither is legal without the correct streaming licences.

Well why then make this statement...

Whether you download them from somewhere like Amazon MP3 or stream using something like Apple Music is a separate issue entirely, but either way the artist is getting paid. If the artist is not getting paid enough from streaming, that is the problem for the artist, label and Apple or Spotify, the user is paying for the music legally.

You said the artist is getting paid and even went further to say if they are not getting enough then it is their problem.

And then went further again to say the user is paying for the music legally.

If you knew it does not give them the right to stream it legally why make that statement.

People read these things in the forum and take in what you say, making statements like that will have them think they are doing things legally and the artists are getting their dues.

If people want to choose on being legal or not lets at least give them the correct information so they can make that choice.

I sing myself and had dreams of making something from that, a large part of the reason I gave up on that is how hard it is made for artists to make anything from all the work they do.

Indie artists now really only make money when they do gigs and a big reason for that is the misconception plastered all over the Internet on what they are due.

I also publish 1 band and 2 solo artists to digital outlets like iTunes and Spotify.

To do that it has to be done through agents like CDBaby with a fair cost just to publish one song.

The returns they get from iTunes for streaming is crap, .003 cents per stream when iTunes get a little under .4 cents per stream.

The major artists get more as the labels work deals directly with iTunes but it is still very little.

When those streams are then streamed to others then the artists or anyone for that matter get nothing for those further streams.

Songs played over the Internet are more than 90% played where the artists do not get their dues, even at the low rates they are due.

And that is mostly due to the misconceptions on what is legal.

So when I see stuff put in these forums that will miss lead people in what the artists are due and what is legal I will come in and correct it.

I am sorry if I have offended you but this is something I feel very strongly about.

Well why then make this statement...

You said the artist is getting paid and even went further to say if they are not getting enough then it is their problem.

And then went further again to say the user is paying for the music legally.

If you knew it does not give them the right to stream it legally why make that statement.

People read these things in the forum and take in what you say, making statements like that will have them think they are doing things legally and the artists are getting their dues.

If people want to choose on being legal or not lets at least give them the correct information so they can make that choice.

I sing myself and had dreams of making something from that, a large part of the reason I gave up on that is how hard it is made for artists to make anything from all the work they do.

Indie artists now really only make money when they do gigs and a big reason for that is the misconception plastered all over the Internet on what they are due.

I also publish 1 band and 2 solo artists to digital outlets like iTunes and Spotify.

To do that it has to be done through agents like CDBaby with a fair cost just to publish one song.

The returns they get from iTunes for streaming is crap, .003 cents per stream when iTunes get a little under .4 cents per stream.

The major artists get more as the labels work deals directly with iTunes but it is still very little.

When those streams are then streamed to others then the artists or anyone for that matter get nothing for those further streams.

Songs played over the Internet are more than 90% played where the artists do not get their dues, even at the low rates they are due.

And that is mostly due to the misconceptions on what is legal.

So when I see stuff put in these forums that will miss lead people in what the artists are due and what is legal I will come in and correct it.

I am sorry if I have offended you but this is something I feel very strongly about.

Technically everyone in 3DX that streams in rooms is doing so illegally, unless they have a licence that allows them to do so. I am willing to go out on a limb and say 99% - 100% of the people who stream do NOT have a licence to do so legally.  Some like to talk about "morality" when it comes to copyright laws, then cherry pick  which laws are morally acceptable to follow and which ones are ok to ignore. It all seems silly to me :)

Guest Twiggy

Technically everyone in 3DX that streams in rooms is doing so illegally, unless they have a licence that allows them to do so. I am willing to go out on a limb and say 99% - 100% of the people who stream do NOT have a licence to do so illegally.  Some like to talk about "morality" when it comes to copyright laws, then cherry pick  which laws are morally acceptable to follow and which ones are ok to ignore. It all seems silly to me :)

Yes I agree and I enjoy going in and listening to the DJs myself.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying let's not do it, all I am saying is let's not add to the misconceptions that are so badly spread around the net.

Let people make the decision on DJing or even listening based on what is correct.

I don't think anyone would even bother with 3DXChat as far as enforcing things go as it is simply not big enough to worry about.

For me, what I do, is if I like a song and like to listen to it on occasions I go and buy it, which is more than most do.

All the songs I have in my IPhone are paid for, but then for me that is important because I am around people in the music industry and have seen how tough it is.

Some of my friends haven't paid for a single song they have and think I am stupid for paying for the ones I have.

But if none of us paid for any songs then we wouldn't have any, who would want to put in all the time and expense to make recordings when there was no return at all.

The industry stinks at the moment where Indie artists in particular are getting ripped off so badly, and not only by the digital distributors and labels but also by the listeners.

The streaming services pay very little to most artists unless they are lucky enough to be big enough for their label to work out a better deal for them.

Web services like SoundCloud make their money from investors, the actual money it make does not even pay the bills, each year they go out and get tens of millions of dollars from investors and live on that.

There are other web services doing the same and the artists pretty much get nothing from it.

The artists just continue to get screwed and it just keeps getting worse, especially for the Indie artists.

I am not saying to everyone lets go out and buy all the songs we listen to, not many will be willing to do that.

But if everyone decided to buy some songs they really like that alone would make a huge difference.

So if you have a favourite artist or artists, support them, buy at least some of their songs as sales of their songs is really the only way they make any money.

And before anyone takes offence I am not focussing on anyone with this, I am talking in general.

I am sorry Nikki for hijacking your post a little, but I also have a pretty good idea on how you feel about all this and didn't think you would mind.

disc jock·ey

noun

1. a person who introduces and plays recorded popular music, especially on radio or at a disco.

Issue is people make up rules in life as they go, which is fine. Just do not expect the rest of the world to care or understand. It is how the world worked through out history, how it works now and how it will work in the future. Also fully agree with Jess in the above, people here claim this and that but themselves will pick and choice when not to follow the same moral rules they try to enforce on others, who cares. These people meant nothing to me five minutes ago and will mean nothing to me five minutes from now. 

Sorry I forgot my main point in the above. You should be in it for the love of it, the passion for music. How others feel should not be allowed to stand in your way. As for events, people go to where they can enjoy themselves, the drama in the dj part of this game turns others that have a love for music off. You want a nurturing environment with music lovers? Stop with all the titling and learn to enjoy each others company or it won't every happen.

Guys, THIS is a DIARY (what is a diary?:Wikipedia says......

Please DON'T make a diskussionthread in this diary

Its actually NOT a diary. But it IS a public forum that has a "diary" section made available to the public for discussion. That's why we have the ability to post replies.   ;)

Sorry I forgot my main point in the above. You should be in it for the love of it, the passion for music. How others feel should not be allowed to stand in your way. As for events, people go to where they can enjoy themselves, the drama in the dj part of this game turns others that have a love for music off. You want a nurturing environment with music lovers? Stop with all the titling and learn to enjoy each others company or it won't every happen.

I agree and this is a fantastic point. 

I have on multiple occasions invited lots of talented DJs to do events with us... yes, even the ones who hate me and make drama because people enjoy our parties. I honestly have to say I am a bit confused as to why anyone would be against having lots of diff options available for people. Like someone mentioned earlier, it pushes everyone involved in the planning to be better. 

How is it bad for players to have 15 parties to choose from on a Saturday evening as opposed to only having 3 or 4 to choose from?  Why is it bad to have many options? I mean you could argue the idea of the "quality" of the party but this is very subjective. 

Looool :lol: Sorry but this is like to say "I'm a girl" with a snake in his panties and so typical 3DXChat :P

I'll do not abuse my time and write my opinion about people like this...

its you bully transgender people like me achilles yes i get you point its really low :(((((((((((((nothing to add more :unsure:

and to end this, its funny that you mention bullying yet you and the others have no problem trying to gang up on nik every chance you get when she posts something you dont like because you know she is too kind and wont say anything back. luckily she has a friend who isnt as nice and has no problem calling a spade a spade

you folks spent the last two days talking shit to her, now its my turn, have fun with that

2 days of talking shit and ganging up?  Are we both reading the same thread? 

I was going to post a mini rant but then i got to thinking... why waste my time. The attention whores know who they are and they also know they are clueless. everything is everyone elses fault, etc. Trust me i know attention whores because im one but the major diff is i know im one. so i will leave you with this quote.......

If drama follows you around.... sometimes its not everyone else, Its you.

As far as you phrase "attention whores" goes... you have contributed nothing to this convo except slapping down anyone who doesn't agree with you. Why don't you act civil for once and join in the actual discussion? That would be fantastic and maybe even be an eye opened to many people, myself included. 

I dont see where anyone attacked her or talked shit. I do see people having a discussion. Whether or not you like what is posted is irrelevant. You can join in on the discussion tho instead of repeatedly taking things off topic.

who said it was, I said justa did, aka nobody. no message from me was geared towards you, thats your mind working overtime

Yes I misread and edited my post :)

Wasn't my mind working overtime, just misread. ... where do I go to be executed? lol