3DXChat Community

Fuck me I am famous

Nikki

This is my first entry in the User Diaries and I chose a provoking title to share some thoughts I have about the current Party and Event Machinima in 3DXChat.

Its not really meant to kick off a heated discussion or attack anyone personally. This entry is my own personal thought of how I see things in the game at the moment and since this is a User Diary entry I am free to do so. If you you are here to tell me my thoughts are wrong dont read further.

The Event Overkill

Since the day I joined this game almost 2 years ago there were always partys going on and people enjoyed them alot. Back in the day it was several groups of friends opening their rooms and danced the night away. But back then the event-thing was still special. People used Radiostreams and made cool rooms with the vanilla editor and they had a lot of fun. Then there were thoose Live DJ Events in the public places here and there. Woa wait someone playing live into the game? Thats kinda cool. And hell yeah I thought its kinda cool too. But not only in public. Some people started doing live events in their rooms too and it was very neat.

Thoose were the days when live DJ events were appreciated and the art behind the music was recognized. The locations were packed with people and everyone had a blast. Over the time the number of ongoing events grew which wasnt really a bad thing. People really enjoy having options to visit events with their favourite kind of music and it was great. Then at a certain point things got out of hand though. More and more people wanted to stand behind the decks theirselves and dive into the cheering comments of the partygoers. The art of DJing was turned into a mass product for the cheering crowds that started to care less if someone is a real DJ that puts some time and effort into his / her music or just plays a playlist or in the worst cases play mixes from other DJ's.

Nowadays DJ Events are created like from the assembly-line with probably more "DJ's" then you ever seen on a big festival. At that point people start to be truncated as they were confronted with Events & Partys on every corner of the game and as bad side effect the World Advertising for Events turned into a Spam battle which made it kinda annyoing for thoose who liked to chat via World Chat.

Thats when I eventually start to rub my head and asked myself: "What happened"

I am the DJ

But of course this game is no DJ Simulation and people just want to have a good time, so its kinda understandable they care less if the music is great. But what about the recognition for the creators of music? When people play ripped or illegal downloaded songs, how can this be the right thing to do? Some say they dont have enough money to be able to effort a decent music database. That is totally fine. I cant drive a Porsche either so I stick to my daily compact car. I dont go out there in the city and steal one just to impress my friends "Look I have a nice car and its fast too"

The same applies to music. If you want to be a DJ and hold events make sure you have the proper tools and of course got them the legal way. Of course beeing the DJ is great. People look up to you and appreciate what you do (or at least they did a while ago) and I am sure everyone likes the fame. But thats were one thought went wrong. In my honest opinion one should not DJ to have rooms full of people and make them bow down to you because you have superiour skills (Or someone elses mix you play has)

DJing is art. Usually you handselect tracks of your choice to entertain people and you select them because they fit you and your style not just because they are popular amongst the masses. A real DJ goes with the crowd yes but doesent bend for it or radically switch styles just to make everyone happy.

There are DJ's in this game that do a fantastic job and then there are Entertainers that give people a good time, both call theirselves DJ's and thats wrong.

A disc jockey (abbreviated DJ, D.J. or deejay) is a person who mixes recorded music in real time. Originally, the "disc" in "disc jockey" referred to gramophone records, but now "DJ" is used as an all-encompassing term to describe someone who mixes music from any sources. DJs often perform for a live or broadcast audience, but DJs also create mixes that are recorded for later distribution and playback.
DJs use equipment that can play at least two sources of recorded music simultaneously and mix them together. This allows the DJ to create seamless transitions between recordings. Often, this involves aligning the beats of the music sources so their rhythms do not clash when they are played together. DJ equipment also allows the DJ to preview a source of recorded music in headphones before playing it for the audience. Previewing in headphones helps the DJ pick the next track they want to play and seek within the track to a time when it will mix well with the currently playing music.

According to this definition the number of DJ's in this game would shrink to a very small amount of people that are able to do whats stated above. Yet 1/10 of the playerbase seems to call theirselves a DJ which makes the whole Event with a Live DJ just a shadow of itsself (as stated in Event Overkill).

In my personal opinion, someone who is able to play some tracks via playlist and streams them, is not really a DJ. Its someone who plays music. There is a bit more effort needed to call yourself a DJ but as I said earlier, the community is at a point were all that doesent matter as long as the music is good. DJ Awesome is playing a self-downloaded mix from DJ Epic and noone cares. And thats everything whats wrong with this game right now.

Stop, Think, Go

Arent you tired of your partys and event with dimishing results? I sure am, cause the recognition level for the art is at an absolute low right now. Heck people even dont turn music on and just join the room because 3 other friends are there. Is that what you want? I prefer having people in my room that come for the music not just because 3 other friends are there.

I often asked around how they like music in several rooms. I got interesting returns:

• I have Ingame music turned off because I listen to my own stuff on Spotify
  • Wait there is a Live DJ playing right now?
  • I am just here because X and Y are here too
  • Hey you look fine. Want to fuck?

So how to make that situation better? I dont know if someone can because there will always be people that want to be famous and dont understand the art behind this. And there will always be people that aint care. To make it better there are several ways.

1. Stop doing Super Epic Awesome Party Events every day
  2. Think about yourself if you are a DJ or just someone who presses play
  3. Go to events that fit your taste and not just because 2 of your friends are there

And just incase someone is reading the finishing sentence right now and having a huge rage and hate because none of this is true, please remember: This is my personal opinion about things voiced in a User Diary. I hope I gave some of you food for thought the positive or negative way.

Yes there are rather a lot of events these days. Personal favourites are the ones organised by Biene - Abba night was really fun and inventive, Jazzy Lounge and some of the events orgsanised by Saya. 

I hope the sheer number of events now will drive the quality up as people seek to throw better events. So one would hope for more events/choice of a higher quality!

I have "dj'd" though I'm just a playlist player - hey it takes ages trying to ensure nothing is too obscure or to have some kind of "flow" and weeding out the songs I like, but fear nobody else will!

Actually reading this reminded me of this article! DJs may not wish to read it!

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/hey-v11n5

I think you nail the situation very good Nikki! Coming from another part of the entertainment business, its rather interesting to watch this fight for visitors among the DJ centered rooms.

Personally i never visit a room or event because its a particularly dj playing there, unless he/she is a friend of mine, its never for the music that person is playing. No dj or streamer i heard in this game could make me into a fan.

I can understand the need to have a purpose in this game, beside the sex; i would not be here myself if i did not have my business. And being a dj and hosting music events might give some people the exposure and attention they need, beside having something to do.

But honestly, i dont see (or rather hear) much ingenuity or daring among the dj's. Loads of good music, no doubt, but its in my opinion 95% very mainstream in the different genres, and i have so far not heard anything that brightened my horizon musicwise.

In my business i have over time had numerous people offering me their "help" as dj's. I never took them up on the offer, as i did not feel it would contribute much, apart from boosting the individuals petty ego.

Agree with nearly all you have said. It does seem to me that many of these 'DJ/Party' rooms are more like leader boards for who can attract the largest number of guests rather than the music. That's ok, I guess but after a while it gets tedious trying to navigate 1,000 glowing bricks and suffering t......y.....pi.....ng issss....ues, because of the..................................................................................................................................................................... lag in modded rooms.

It's just my opinion, please don't shoot me if you don't lycan it...

and if anyone attacks the thread, i got your back. Everyone is entitled to say what is on there mind yet somehow some think that right only belongs to them. I enjoyed the read and will stand guard to protect your freedom to post :P

I m sorry, I don't mean any disrespect dear, but the way you write this:P actually gives the complete opposite feeling :o Unless that was the intention of bullying, which I don't think so.

Nikki "Hey you look fine. Want to fuck?" I think I laughed so hard with this and girl I know exactly what you mean :o 

Darkangel, people are entitled to their opinions dear, since it is a public post, people should be prepared for this...as I've said so many times, haters gonna hate :P 

I think the diary section is my favorite, and it would be awesome if more and more people wrote theirs, even small ones. It gives a nice feel to the community !

Great post. I didn't truly understand when I started. I just wanted to play the music that I wanted to hear and what the community suggested. I wanted something different. So all of my events had a different DJ, mainly Chilles who was kind enough to help out a newb. Then I started wanting to try my hand at it. My first set was some streaming with transitions built in. Then I started to learn more through VJD. Took a long while to get there but I started doing live sets and man the work that goes into it, the practice, etc... It is a lot. The hip hop event took weeks and I still felt like it wasn't ready. Lol it is something that I like to dabble in but cannot give it nearly the dedication that most true DJs do. So much kudos to those that do it live all the time. I will admit that if I am partying in my room and sipping goose I am streaming, otherwise there'd be no transition just silence and an "oh shit" once I remember to switch.

Guest Twiggy

Great post Nikki.

Yes there is a problem with the way some are looking at the whole DJ thing.

The battle for popularity part of it has seen a lot of bullying and crappy things go on.

I can understand people wanting to attract numbers to their rooms and do not hold anything against that itself, it actually can add to things in a good way if done correctly.

It is not a crime to want to be popular and well known, most people do that, it is the way people go about it that matters.

Things I have seen that I don't think good are...

*Constant spamming in world chat.

*Deliberately placing an event with multiple DJs that starts one hour before someone else's party when they put a lot of work into it, because they see them as a threat to their popularity.

*Not caring that the artists get their legal dues for their music being played.

There are ways to be completely legal and play pretty much anything, the cost is around $60 a month for 40 hours play time, if people want to do it legally they can form a group to do so.

For example 4 people at $15 each get 10 hours a month each.

You do not have to own the songs like most seem to think, but the correct royalties need to be paid for streaming them.

But I don't think that will ever happen, until someone like iTunes offer a decent service for DJs that allows people to easily do so.

The legalities behind it are not really that complicated, but there has been a lot of miss information posted on the net about it.

Lots of web services seem to say they offer music streaming legally, but if you look right into it what they actually say is they offer you the ability to stream music legally if you pay the royalties yourself.

They only offer the ability to stream music legally, but no where will they say they offer music with paid royalties and in fact when you dig deeply you will find where they actually do say you have to cover that yourself.

They do not make that obvious as it will greatly lower the numbers that use their service.

Competition is good, but when people start manipulating and using others for gain in that competition they do harm, not only to others but eventually to themselves.

I think we have seen far to much of that already.

Like everything else in the game, people need to think about how their game may effect other peoples games.

Not sure about others but I do this because I love it and I am passionate about it. I also think it's silly to come down on certain sub-genres because there really is a place for all of it. You will also never make everyone happy so it's futile to try. As a DJ, I simply do what I love to do and that's mix music and share it with others.

Well-chosen words and they come out of my soul :)

I saw and listened a lot strange things of people inside of the 3DXChat Community who calls herself as a DJ...

If someone want to call herself a DJ they should also never forget the moral aspects!

The first moral aspect are the music with which all DJ's work, the music as a kind of raw material comes from people who created her Artwork for other people but this Artists who create this music need also some money to life because to create a song have also a lot of costs.

The vocalist Artists needs mostly a ton-studio to record and master her vocals etc etc. With less words without the music as raw material have no "DJ" something to do...

In my opinion should it for all DJ's be a least to support this Artists of her raw material with which they wont to work!

The problem of costs:

Well I understand, everyone who bought songs in his life know it isn't cheap! No on the contrary, this hobby is really costly for DJ's because the Music costs money, the equipment costs money, software costs money...

But honestly... No one need to have a equipment for many thousand Euros and no one need a Music liberty of many thousand GB's! I know a lot really talented DJ's who do more as a fantastic job with cheap equipment or with a liberty of some hundred MB.

But who want to have as DJ to each time the newest Music or the newest Remixes of Tracks and a professional DJ Equipment etc should be ready to buy for this things ;)

Call herself a DJ with Mixes of other Artists:

Looool :lol: Sorry but this is like to say "I'm a girl" with a snake in his panties and so typical 3DXChat :P

I'll do not abuse my time and write my opinion about people like this...

Playlist or WinAmp DJ's:

It is a kind of entertaining that's an fact... But is it DJing? Nope because then should each internet radio station like Shoutcast/IceCast be also a DJ.

When the provider of this internet Radios add music content to her AutoDJ will no one of this people say after them "I'm the DJ, Fuck me I'm famous"^^

But this kind of Entertainer are also needed and a good thing and in my opinion is it also a bit the first step to become a DJ when people invest her time for hand selected music.

A Live DJ Party to every day or occasion:

Hmmm I think the opinions are different about and that's good so... But I think too see always the same DJ brings the result that at least no one care about this DJ or his Events because there is nothing special any more with this DJ.

Just my experiences  ;)

There was always a lot different Events in 3DXChat:

Typical Game Events of the Developers and Owners of 3DXChat (the mother of all Events)

I think it will no lie if I say "This kind of Events was always the Highscore"

This Events was planed hand in hand with the Developers and from all DJ's was 150% of his possible use needed! For all kind of this parties was many hours preparation there...

Everyone who was a DJ of this kind of Event know what I mean^^ Sometimes was it stress but at least always a blast and I think for everyone a special thing :)

Typical DJ Team Events:

Was mostly a Event prepared by the DJ Team but it was similar like the Game events...

DJ Nights:

Well, also DJ's need some fun :lol: It was a Live DJing when ever the DJ had this mood^^

But all this parties and events was prepared before and a kind of LiveDJ and in my opinion was it a good thing not matter which genre it was.

The Room DJ parties:

Hmmm, personal I don't care about the most of this parties because the people can do in her rooms what they want!

I meet the parties which I want to listen the music and I will never visit a party which I do not want and this works fine for me.

The same I want of everyone else if I spin the Music^^ Everyone is welcome who comes for the music and for all others is it a "Keep Out" zone ^^

It does not matter how many people are there so long they come for the interest of music only!

Guest SayaX

Thank you for taking the time to post a well thought out post, and there are points that I agree on, mainly to do with getting music legally.

To be honest. Who cares what a DJ is and what a DJ isn't? Personally I don't think a DJ has to mix, has to beat match, has to make one seamless song to be labelled a DJ. At its most basic level, playing a playlist of songs with crossfade is mixing. Part of the skill of being a DJ is understanding the music. Telling a story. Making each song flow together. This is a skill in itself and at the end of the day, we are here to entertain. If people enjoy it, people will stay, it is really as simple as that.

I agree with the whole legality thing, although I think that is a given. Anyone who is playing music should pay the artists fairly. Whether you download them from somewhere like Amazon MP3 or stream using something like Apple Music is a separate issue entirely, but either way the artist is getting paid. If the artist is not getting paid enough from streaming, that is the problem for the artist, label and Apple or Spotify, the user is paying for the music legally.

Onto event overload. As my event was jumped on by yourself 4 days ago then I do feel like this is partly aimed at myself. Not only that, I was accused of being a copycat and the topic was completely ruined by childish behaviour from certain members of the community. Members who I have always respected. See for yourself:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3251-sinsations-movie-party-fri-1-july-1900-gmt/

People will have different opinions on how a room should be or whether they want to set up a group that runs regular parties for people to hangout at. I have been involved in groups like Temple Of Lust and I was told by many people that Friday night at Temple of Lust was a highlight of their week. You take heat from other event organisers who claim you are trying to take over 3DX or you are running an assembly-line. The fact is that the people who criticise never step foot in these parties, and look just look from the outside. I do this for fun, not to take over 3DX, not to be the most popular person, I have better things to do with my time. People are here to have fun, to escape real life and opening your room playing music that people love and making people laugh, making people smile... isn't that what it is all about?

I can understand the frustrations. Personally, I got bored of all the mainstream rock and EDM rooms, but rather than complain about it, I went and created my own room. A room that has played blues, jazz, folk, country, funk, electro-swing, reggae, indie, hip-hop, trap, deep house... I don't claim to be an expert in all of these music genres. I have had DJs guest for me, some of whom have never DJed before. SweetHoney who finally got to play some of her country music. BreannaX who has only been in the game for a couple of months, someone who I helped get setup with a stream, who is now DJing to an audience. Also I wasn't really an expert in funk music, but because of my passion in all types of music I went away and I listened to lots of funk, until I felt like I had a good selection of songs that worked well together.

Anyone who knows me well, anyone who has been to my room, anyone who has listened to my music knows how diverse my music is, how passionate I am about music. There are people out there whose sole purpose is to break attendance records. That is not my main goal, although I think it is only human that if you do attract a lot of people then it does feel good, especially when you are not playing mainstream music and people are telling you that this is the best night of music they have heard. If no one was there to listen then I wouldn't bother opening my room and I would just listen on my own.

So while we can agree and disagree on the technicalities of what is and what isn't a DJ. I do take issue when I feel I have been unfairly categorised as an "assembly-line event organiser". This is a diary and I am not looking to hijack it. However, it is a public forum and you have to be willing to accept both positive and negative replies, just like I have, which is fine, I am perfectly open to constructive criticism.

I think you all cause too much drama for a sex-date game. If you`re all professional DJs, go to clubs and measure your skill there, what you forgot in a casual social fuck game.

Here not many people care if you`re a pro or not. People like to have friends, have fun and spend their free time with good mood. That`s why people create groups of interest, play their music and entertain people.

Events coming from assembly line? Ok, let`s all sit weekly in Fresco or SinClub and listen 20 songs looped forever every day. It is very entertaining, isn`t it?

People stick together with friends and spend good time together, listening good music of different genres (yes that`s why there are so many events - most of them are of different genre).

No one really cares if there a real certificated DJ playing, or just a person with a good taste of music. People come to friends and have fun.

That`s why we always have 40-50+ people having a good time together, and not bitching about absolutely idiotic stuff, totally not for a sex game.

We make content - people come and have fun. And sorry, no one will listen random whines on forums. For example let`s take Eugene - he is also a professional DJ, but have you ever heard any bad word from him?

Just think about how you spend your time here. Do you want to be a drama maker, or come and have fun in your free time?

Ciao, best wishes!

We make content - people come and have fun. And sorry, no one will listen random whines on forums. For example let`s take Eugene - he is also a professional DJ, but have you ever heard any bad word from him?

Just think about how you spend your time here. Do you want to be a drama maker, or come and have fun in your free time?

Ciao, best wishes!

This!

I don't quite understand where the problem lies.

In RL this is a question of demand and offer,so if an event does not match the people's interest. it remains empty. In my opinion this will rather increase the quality of the events, like every competition does.

Besides the original purpose of 3dx I'm here for dancing and chatting with friends, so I'd rather prefer to be in rooms where I can find my friends and good music. As not all my friends have the same musical taste, sometimes I am in rooms which not completely fit to my musical taste, so what? And if the room host or the one who streams calls himself DJ or not, it doesn't matter for me as well, as long as the Music is of good quality.

I open my room as well from time to time, playing my stream (yes, from a playlist, which I build up, losing some thoughts about the contents and the order of the songs). I never thought about the question if I am a DJ or not, because it does not matter. I don't want to be famous, I don't want the People look up to me, I just like to share the songs I love with the community.

4468543-dog-training-obedience--command-

how about we ALL chill the fuk out here a lill first!?!?

n second...this meme below was actually going into "the last movie drama party topic" with some
lill text plus a quote after i had discovered it and after jessicas yummi cheddar pic post^^
(yumm, yumm, looks nice n yes im hungry again^^) but
i was 2 days 2 late to post into ur all "forumbattle"
anyway, n so ill save my lifetime 4 now, n my weekend mood and just evrything @ this fukn point!!
...and simply sayn n type...to be continued...maybe, maybe not...

16mr0i.jpg

rest deleted or ill now simply have to:

hrk.gif

now...and not cause of u nikki, lol...18 months DJ|drama at 3dx...in- and outside the game...just sayn!!

Guest Twiggy

I agree with the whole legality thing, although I think that is a given. Anyone who is playing music should pay the artists fairly. Whether you download them from somewhere like Amazon MP3 or stream using something like Apple Music is a separate issue entirely, but either way the artist is getting paid. If the artist is not getting paid enough from streaming, that is the problem for the artist, label and Apple or Spotify, the user is paying for the music legally.

Sorry Saya but buying a song or track does not entitle anyone to stream that song.

Also with Apple music(iTunes) and Spotify you are only paying for the stream to you and that is all the artist gets payment for.

Apple music has in their terms that you are only allowed to stream that music to one player, or you can take a family option which costs more than the $9.90 a month where you can stream it to up to 6, and even then I think they have to be in the same location.

It is not meant to be re streamed by you to others, for that the artists are entitled to royalties for each stream you send.

If you have 100 people listening to your stream, then the artist is entitled to royalties for 100 streams.

Sorry but I have seen it said so many times in these forums where people are saying what is legal where it is not.

It is so simple, do you really think you can pay for one stream and then stream that out to as many people as you want, if you do then you better study up because you are wrong.

That would mean a radio station could have a DJ stream out from Spotify or iTunes to millions of people for just $9.90 a month for any number of plays of any song.

So I will say it clearly.

Buying a song or track does not entitle you to stream that song to others over the Internet.

Paying a monthly sub to the likes of Apple music or Spotify does not entitle you to re stream that music to others over the Internet.

If you want to be legal in doing so you have to either go through one of the agencies that have set up to record the data of the songs played and pay the due royalties, where the cost is around $60 for 40 hours of play for up to 100 people, or register yourself with the collection agency in the required country, keep records yourself and pay the royalties direct.

Guest SayaX

Twiggy. You are correct. I am not going to go into that again which has already been discussed at length in the public DJs post.

People who buy MP3s will try to claim the moral high ground over people who use services like Spotify claiming that they are doing it legally. As you point out neither is legal without the correct streaming licences.

For example let`s take Eugene - he is also a professional DJ, but have you ever heard any bad word from him?

Ciao, best wishes!

This was not the best example for a "professional DJ", sorry :lol:

tikanese forumtopic-jump n lands with a short twinkly wink on my right eye

post-62861-jessica-nigri-busty-ninja-gir

soz, readn last posts after my last 1 sometimes laterZ...so just quickly only popped in this topic again to leave a

ps:

that I forgot up there with a pic + a vid, that only sometimes just totally suits this comm n forum sadly on some days and just freakn, fukn simply nails it...just like on this, argh....whole damn planet sometimes:

http://3dx blah describeCold click me

or simply just

click.jpg

- to reach the pic n vid in topic: Describe 3DX With A Song! -

-  finally...4 a while...overle n outle -
*sry, but "foul language" was powered by SGD*

I think you all cause too much drama for a sex-date game. If you`re all professional DJs, go to clubs and measure your skill there, what you forgot in a casual social fuck game.

Here not many people care if you`re a pro or not. People like to have friends, have fun and spend their free time with good mood. That`s why people create groups of interest, play their music and entertain people.

Events coming from assembly line? Ok, let`s all sit weekly in Fresco or SinClub and listen 20 songs looped forever every day. It is very entertaining, isn`t it?

People stick together with friends and spend good time together, listening good music of different genres (yes that`s why there are so many events - most of them are of different genre).

No one really cares if there a real certificated DJ playing, or just a person with a good taste of music. People come to friends and have fun.

That`s why we always have 40-50+ people having a good time together, and not bitching about absolutely idiotic stuff, totally not for a sex game.

Ciao, best wishes!

Totally agree with you. 

Maybe we all can agree to disagree that we will never find the one and only valid and true definition of what a DJ is?

Would help so much in here. 

And yes I know this is a User Diary topic :) 

I wish you all a fantastic weekend with a lot of fun, music and ... sex (since this is a sex chat ^^).

Everyone's expectations and motivations are a little different when it comes to 3DX, although, yes, sex plays its part for all, but that's true of real life also. 3DX is a sex-date game for some, a social life for others.... a platform to express their love for music for a few. Anger-management for one or two, it seems. I wouldn't want to rob anyone of their raison d'être... and I'm not sure we should define what a game means to others through what it means to us individually. Interesting posts though, I enjoyed reading people's take on this place.