3DXChat Community

Open rooms and private chat

SweetHeather

I know some are all for that. Though, getting to know others and be in rooms should be a key part of any social environment, adult or otherwise. And I feel global whispers has degraded that along with standard room whispers. You just now run into rooms full of mimes. With only a select few openly chatting and engaging others. It may only be my perspective but open chat should be more enforced. If people wish to talk one on one and in private, there's 4 rooms they may go to (2 on either side of a user). With how small this community still is. Whispers should be a function for later development when there are more to actively participate in private and open chats. Yes just my opinion. But people tend to stay, want to stay, based on people they might meet. If most are in whispers these potentials will never meet, or ever stay, or stay for long. For fundamental growth socializing is a huge part in any growing community. Being a mime does not help in it. But asking the developers to restrict whispers until later development probably will never happen. But can't say I am entirely wrong in my points either. So hopefully suggestions or thought is made to help build a more social community. And while you can be social on forums, being social in the game is also important.

Guest Passion

Really, that's what we are coming to now? So YOUR saying I should HAVE to talk to people? I'll talk to WHOEVER I like if I want to, but to say YOU think local chat should be "enforced" that's kind of silly. YOU'VE been here long enough now sweetie that you should know this game is like high school, we all have our groups, just about all online games are like that.

And to say "If people wish to talk one on one and in private, there's 4 rooms they may go to (2 on either side of a user)." that's just kind of harsh and stupid, So in your eyes cause I have a group of friends an only wish to chill with them that we aren't allowed to chill in the other zones, and just stay in our rooms?

I'm sorry to be harsh or cold, but I really don't care if people stay or leave, I'm not paying to see them so they can do whatever they please. If you think cause people have groups and talk among each other is a reason others are leaving sadly your wrong, this game lacks lots of stuff to keep certain users. Forcing us to talk in local isn't going to make any difference, in fact people would then do just as you said, we would go to our rooms, then places would be empty.

How about users that speak another language? Should we be forced to hear them chat in local?

I know you mean well dear, and this is just YOUR opinion. But was this really a well thought out topic?

I'll close with this, YOU or the DEVS have no right to say who an how I should talk with someone. We each have the choice to talk to who WE please.

Well, I know this topic was made with the best intention but it simply cannot work in a sex game like 3dxchat. 

One of the strenght of this game as a sex game it that it got common area where player can meet, talked and get dirty if the need be. It is not room confine like other sex game. I spent a lot of my time here talking to player, get to know them, flirt in a descriptive way and yes, cybering. Which in my case mean, going to one of the private room or in public. Which I can't imagine letting everyone read my cybering in local... serious, those are intimate moment depending on the partner.  

I cannot see myself flirting in local... in a very descriptive way as everyone can read what I say. I know some people don't like a silent local chat... I can understand that but most of my best moment I will remember fondly are very intimate moment I spent with my friends, in PM either on the beach, club, island,,, etc...

I would have left 3dxchat after maybe the first month if it wasn't of the PM and now I really wish for group chat. This is not even a option... removing PM would kill what 3dxchat is good for : Providing the player with the experience they are looking for. 

And in my case, it was a sex game where I end up making more friends that I would have expect when I joined.

Honestly I do not think this currently is an insurmountable problem, although it is disappointing sometimes to enter a room full of statues. Creeepyyyyyyy....

Sure, some rooms have people that don't say anything, appear afk or are flirting privately but I usually just quit out and go somewhere else. I have good experiences with public chat in the night club, sin club and love island. I have always found people that are willing to talk and have fun. Even people that don't know me.

The community is a concern, yes. Without a lively, fun environment I wouldn't renew my subscription. And to my surprise I've met more nice people than I expected to when I joined.

But Passion is right too. The game needs more features to keep people interested in the long run.

I did take the time to read all the replies and fully read them. I do think about everything I write, and yes always with a good intention. I'd be the last person to insult or call someone a name. Just not who I am. So when I talk it is with thought, concern, and hope. The 3DXChat community at large isn't well .. very large. And in larger communities with open and private chats there's so many doing both, there isn't a aspect of a room of mimes. As far as talking openly in other languages. That even happens freely even in other social platforms, IE Second Life or RLC/3DChat. Putting whispers on hold while in rooms is also reflective of IMVU's decision that they did with voice. IMVU thought adding voice to open rooms would make for a better more engaging social community. Instead as you noted Passion hun, they joined in groups, in isolation on a social platform. So IMVU later on even with the minor fact people were insulting over voice, it was mostly made to remove that feature. Because it made the community less social. And since I love you you should know my heart, how I feel, how antisocial I am at times myself. Even told you just now -love our chats btw you are an amazing woman to talk to- I do a lot of fence jumping, taking on different aspects, and perspectives. Because I find things interesting to do like that. It lets you know about people, etc. Plus when I mention things on a  more logical side it at times can impact me. While removing whispers would remove the moments I am antisocial. I feel its for the best in a small community. And while some may say don't force yourself on me. This is not the thought, the need, or the desire. It may sound corny being stated here in a adult social platform. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" In this light a social platform needs to be well .. social. The negation of this causes separation and downfall, unless there is a great enough sustainable force. IE a larger community. I never will say whispers are bad or should not exist, only paused until a larger community has evolved. I enjoy my whispers like anyone. And like Skar have shared some wonderful moments in them. Just a little humor Skar hun : Whats bad about being openly sexual -tapes a m&m to your nose-. I would say many of you are my friends. That would have been true but many of those friends have now left. And I know of a few more leaving. So it is this thought for change that this comment was made. I do not know everything, or it all, but while I may not talk so much. I love observing people, and have on the floor in the club, or even off by the beach here. I do the very same in Second Life, IMVU, RLC, etc. Creepy or not to some, just watching others is one of my favorite things to do even in real life. Without going too much into what my real life is like. My lovely friend Passion has been told a lot of that story. So she should understand my story there. People are beautiful, wonderful things. And I for one will always treasure those I have met here in true genuine heart. Never forget me my friends, for I have never forgotten you.