3DXChat Community

One year and counting - a year as SayaX

Guest SayaX

Guest SayaX

Hey, everyone! Inspired by Richard and Nitro’s diary entries, I have finally decided to get around to writing my own. A lot has happened in 3DX in my year here, and I will now share some of it with you! Disclaimer: It probably won't be as fun as Nitros!!

Discovery
I initially discovered this game because I had found the Girlfriends For Ever series. I was never particularly interested in animations before, but G4E grabbed my attention, and I was immediately hooked. There is still not a whole lot of well animated 3D adult content. It was from there I saw an advert for 3DXChat. I wanted to try something more interactive, and there it was, I signed up to 3DX Chat.

The First Act
Like a lot of people new to this game or world’s like this the first few days I was mainly checking out the sex side of things. I ultimately got bored after a couple of weeks, and I was unsure whether this was the game for me.

I did meet two people in my first shot at 3DX though. Those people were LadyLiliana (Lilli) and Exstasy. They were both so kind and welcoming to me, who are still my friends to this day and the reason I came back for act two…

The Second Act
My first avatar name was not that great. It worked for other online games, but for this game I wanted something more fitting. So in honour of G4E, I decided to go with Sayako. Sayako was already taken, so SayakoSub it was. A decision I would later regret, because I am not particularly submissive nor am I particular dominant either!

Lilli back then used to spend a lot of time at the beach, so I thought I would take a look, and she was still around. Sure enough, she was and despite the language barrier, we became friends again. We also discussed me becoming her sub. As I quickly discovered, this was not me, so we remained friends.

I remember one weekend I was looking around different rooms and came across a place by SweetJoy (aka jowie / JoweyM). I did take quite an interest in SweetJoy, but figured I wouldn't bother a popular host and quietly slipped off until I got a PM from SweetJoy asking "where had my sexy bum gone?". I quickly rushed back, and we continued to talk and heavily flirt among "other things".

We met a few more times after that, mainly at Rosegarden's (Rose) place. Rose back then had one of the best rooms in 3DX. I would regularly go to Rose's and hangout with friends who are still to this day some of my best friends. It was where I met Epithany (Epi) and where I saw Exstasy again.

Each time I met SweetJoy I became more and more intrigued, however she was quite close to Rose as well. I was plucking up the courage to say something, but I didn't and when she told me she was leaving Rose's one day I thought I had blown my chance. And then out of the blue I received a PM from SweetJoy hinting she was in a hot tub somewhere so I quickly dashed to the yacht and we had another excellent time. I never thought I would be into relationships here, but the next day I told SweetJoy how I felt and the next day we were dating.

It is very rare for me but me and Jowie can literally talk for hours about seemingly nothing and still not get bored. We spent many hours on that yacht and at Rose's and I was also fortunate enough to be introduced to my other best friend Catriona. Epi, Jowie and Catriona are my three closest friends here and I love them all dearly. They have always been there for me through difficult times in my real life and it was so heart warming when they donated £100 each to my families charity. I will go into charity into more detail.

I had some truly memorable experiences with Jowie and despite arguing a lot, we sure did try to make things work out, but some things just work better as friends.

The third act! (Name change, DanielaM and Ravenesk)
During the end of my time with Jowie. I felt like I needed a change. I would finally drop the Sub from my name and went for SayaX, which is how people know me now. It was also a good time to refresh myself, to go into the game new, to meet new people.

One of the most influential people I met was DanielaM (Dani). Dani was always so much fun; she helped me enjoy the game again, and she also introduced me to some wonderful people who to this day are still my friends, including JessicaX, Solace, Deelicious, xCandy and much more. Without Dani, I probably would have just drifted off.

Ravenesk (Raven) is someone who I had previously known when I was with Jowie. Raven and I started spending more and more time together and we instantly connected. To be honest, I wasn't sure at first. At first Raven was a bit of a worrier and lacked confidence, which if you know Raven could be a bit hard to believe now. However, we spent a lot of time together and this was the start of my second proper relationship in 3DX.

Raven and I were together for several months; however, real life commitments meant that we both decided to separate. Raven is still a great friend and has been hugely supportive. It was also in this time I was introduced to Lilypond. Lily is a beautiful person and lots of fun.

Becoming a DJ - Eros Mama, Temple of Lust and beyond!
During my time with Raven, I finally decided to try out this whole DJing thing. Anyone who knows Raven knows how supportive she is, not just in the game but real life. Pushing you to realise your full potential, making you believe you can do anything. I have always admired Raven's drive, and I am incredibly lucky to have been so close and continued to be one of her closest friends.

Anyway (sidetracked)! Back to DJing! I followed the tutorial on the forum but realised there was no Mac version, so after much experimentation I found a perfect solution which I still use to this day. If you are on a Mac then I have posted a guide to follow :)

The person who actually gave me a shot was my old friend Lilli. Lilli and her Italian friends Terminus, Monella and Patti had a group called Eros Mama Group and I was honoured to be a part of that and became a regular DJ, DJing every Friday night.

Eros Mama Group eventually became Temple Of Lust which more people maybe familiar with which actually took it to a whole new level where we had multiple dancers and DJs and we had some truly memorable nights. Lilli taught me everything I know now about organising events, giving me the opportunity to DJ. Without Lilli, I would not be the DJ you all know today. An enormous amount of credit also for the success of Temple of Lust is Eraphia. Era is also an excellent friend. Ohh, the couple of times where I have left the house without my keys and those entertaining conversations with Era while I stand in the rain (because it always rains when you lock yourself out the house right?). Thanks Era! :P

It has been a great honour to DJ regularly for Xanar at Angels Of Desire, HHbabe and her parties, for FairyDust and Jasmine at The Syndrome.

Also special thanks to LauraTWK who maintains a fantastic blog with some great photos which allow me to treasure some of the memories I have had in 3DX. Laura is a great inspiration and also plays a big part in the success of Angels of Desire along with Xanar.

The simple point is: I love DJing in 3DX. Firstly, it has given me the opportunity to do something that would be difficult to do in real life. Also, more importantly, people come here to have fun, to forget about real life. When people tell me, they have a good time listening to my music or sending requests it feels great that I am helping enrich someone's day and making their day better.

Charity
A lot of times I will hear people say that this is "just a sex game". For some people it probably is. But first and foremost this is a community of real people, some are here with long-term illnesses, the people behind the keyboard are still very much human.

When Beccie did the Breast Cancer Awareness month back in October 2015, I was amazed by the amount of support and compassion that this community showed. I have always been a charitable person myself. I cycled 1000 miles from one end of the UK to the other to raise money for Cancer Research. I have cycled to raise funds for children with Cerebral Palsy and this summer I will be climbing 3 mountains and cycling to Paris to raise money for my families charity for Brain Tumour Research.

I did my part and wore pink for the whole of October in 3DX, and I also arranged two Breast Cancer Awareness parties with Eros Mama where we all wore pink. It was a truly beautiful thing to see a room full of people wearing pink and showing their support. It was one of my proudest moments in 3DX.

One of the reasons I joined this game was to escape real life. My other half last year was diagnosed with a Brain Tumour who sadly passed away in March of this year leaving a big empty void in mine and my kids lives. Arranging the Brain Tumour Awareness Party in 3DX was also one of my proudest moments. The amount of support from friends was excellent, and we had some of the best DJs throughout the night. It also showed me that The Sound Lounge is possible. Many different genres of music rather than the same EDM and rock. I have been told by people that night was the best night of music they have heard and regularly said that The Sound Lounge is one of the must visit places. A special thanks must go to Chloe, Epi and Shea who all helped set it up and have supported me.

The future
I have done so much in my first year in 3DX. I have had ups and downs, but overall the ups have outweighed the downs. The majority of people I have met here have been wonderful. There are some assholes out there as well, but I am not even going to mention them.

Thank you so much to all my friends who have made this place the place it is. I love you all and here is to another year!

Edit:
Some great people you should say hi to:
Epithany, Catriona, jowie, Exstasy, LadyLiliana, Eraphia, Sentra, FairyDust, Solace, MissAmy, Xanar, AmandaHThomas, PennyBree, DanielaM, HHbabe, Morgaine, Talmanes, SweetHoney, Rosegarden, Ravenesk, Lorelia, Shaela, HarleyVexx, SallyD, Sheyde, RedMelisande, RichardCypher, Nitro... And much more.

Some great places to hangout:
Jazzy Lounge, The Syndrome, Sammy's Den, Angels of Desire and MNF Club.

Guest Mira24

I'm honored to know such a wonderful friend and person :D Glad to be one of your friends 

Miss you and a lot of others Be back soon.... Enjoy yourselves  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Guest SayaX

Don't know Saya as well as I'd like to (yet) but she's already an amazing person and a better DJ. :)

Thanks! It is always a pleasure seeing you SweeetT :)

Guest SayaX

Hosting parties - those numbers!!

So my birthday is coming up (21st June), so I was discussing in group chat a party with Nitro and Brea. Completely unaware, Brea says, "guess who's birthday it is on Wednesday?!". It was Brea's birthday of course! I quickly organised a party, and Nitro whipped up a poster. The night started off slow with only a few people. I don't usually worry too much about numbers, but this was Brea's birthday, I wanted this to be a great party.

As a party host in 3DX typically you have some worries when you open up, mainly to do with numbers, especially when you have something pre-planned. Have I promoted it enough? Is the music okay? Is the room good? Silly questions that run through your mind. Sometimes you can open up and immediately people flood in. Others then it starts at a trickle and then throughout the night it mushrooms into some big and fun and before you know it, it is an hour to closing time. Other times you open and it is just one of those nights, no matter if you bump the room to the top, post to World Chat and nothing. Luckily, I have a good core base of friends who I can rely on to be there, and that usually sets the ball rolling, and if there aren't many people, then they are good fun even without the numbers. So those are the worries that run through my head when organising parties, especially for other people like a birthday or a wedding, I feel an extra pressure of making it perfect for that person or people involved.

I do say that numbers are irrelevant, and it is the quality that counts, which is true and I stand by that. However, there will always be that slight thing in the back of my mind where a successful party must have 20+ people... There were times in Temple Of Lust where we would hit 60 something on the first week, 70 the next, 80 the next, which had a certain rush to it, but then that gets boring. However, it was high to hit 88 people at the Brain Tumour Awareness Party because it was a great cause and there was music from 7 different genres.

The Sound Lounge has been a great success. Compared to some parties or TOL then the numbers are quite small. However, the atmosphere is always great, and the music is never the same, it is fresh, it remains fun week after week because chasing numbers get old quickly. However, I still do think about those numbers... So I don't have an answer for that!

Also, while I am on the subject of The Sound Lounge. Some people were sceptical. Would a room that didn't play mainstream rock and EDM be a success? I already had faith that people in 3DX love different types of music, it was just a case of me starting it with the support of friends. The people in 3DX are great and like to try something different.

Needless to say, Brea's Birthday Party organically grew and was an excellent night. Local Chat was full of fun and great puns, and that is again largely thanks to Nitro who helped host the event.

Second chances
Another surprising fact. This is the first time I have ever hosted a birthday party. It is also only the second birthday party I have DJed at. I remember the first birthday I DJed at well. I DJed for HHbabe and as a result of that have DJed regularly for HH ever since. This was also the first time I met Sigara aka Siggy. Siggy is one of my closest friends in the game, but our friendship didn't exactly start out of the right foot. Siggy criticised the music I was playing. I took that on the chin, fair enough I thought, and requested some EDM (car alarm music as referred to by HH). HH didn't take too kindly to the criticism of me and getting on HH's wrong side is not a wise move. Needless to say, it caused some tension in the room.

Over the coming months, me and Siggy spoke more and more, and we are where we are today as very close friends.

So why do I tell this story? There will be people in all walks of life where sometimes for whatever reason we do not get off on the right foot. The advice here is not to take a bad first meeting as a negative; sometimes there is a culture gap or just a misunderstanding. If you have a bad first experience with someone, give them a second chance, because you never know, that person could potentially become a friend, and that is exactly what happened with Siggy and me.

You are awesome Siggy, even though now you think my music is good, and you like rock as well :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SayaX

New People

I have been in this game for quite a while now, and I have found there are so many individuals who come, and then a few weeks later they are gone. Even so, I always try to make an effort to make people feel welcome into the game. It is a great feeling when people experience their first party or come and experience a real conversation which in turn leads to making new friends.

Some of the best friends I have made over my time here has been at Sin Club. Sitting around or dancing, striking up random conversations. One of my most memorable encounters was PaleShadow. I remember we just got talking, and the conversation turned to politics. Someone from the UK and someone from Germany talking politics can be a bit socially awkward. Luckily we both agree on a lot of things. Pale is now one of my best friends, and we have had some unforgettable "moments." :)

Even if you have a close circle of friends, step outside of your comfort zone and talk to new people. Some you will say hi and never speak again. But sometimes you find that diamond in the rough who could one day become your best friend and that is what makes it all worth it. Some new friends I have made recently include Raelyne who despite being only 20 is an inspiration.

It is also great to reconnect with old friends. Friends who perhaps you have known through friends of friends. You have talked and joked in the past, but you have never actually taken the time to talk to one on one. That person you love to have a laugh and a joke with turns out to be not only great fun but you also a warm caring and sensitive person who comforts you with some of the kindest words - Kuro :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SayaX
“What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain.” - Maya Angelou

I have recently seen more and more people complaining about the game and the forums. One common complaint you see is, "3DX used to be much better. What happened?". The problem here is not nostalgia. Nostalgia, in fact, is an excellent thing. It is great to look back through memories or pictures of some of the great times I have had here. The great parties I have attended or hosted, the times I first met some of my closest friends... but I digress.

The problem here is the complaining epidemic. We can ask the question all day, is 3DX better or worse than it was that say eight months ago? It is entirely subjective of course. For some people it maybe better, for others it maybe worse. If you think it is worse, then what do you do about it? I will give you two examples, one real world and one 3DX example.

As I posted in my initial topic starter, I was dealt a terrible blow in life. I lost my other half to a brain tumour leaving me with two young children. Did I complain about the health system? Did I blame God? Did I turn to drink or drugs to forget life's problems? No, no and no. I tried to take the positives from the situation, to grow as a person, to share my experiences, to be the best parent I possibly can to my children.

For the 3DX example. I was tired of being pigeonholed in as Saya the Rock DJ. It was flattering that people enjoy my rock music and from time to time I do enjoy just rocking out like the good old days. However, I love all types of music; I wanted people to know that I am more than a rock DJ. I was also tired of all the mainstream EDM and rock clubs. Did I come on the forum complaining about it? Did I start complaining to friends? No. I had thoughts running through my head, but I didn't air them publicly. Then I remembered that one time when I complained to a friend, "there are no good rooms open". Her answer was simple yet really kicked home the truth, "open your room then". The result was The Sound Lounge; a group I owned playing the music that I wanted to play. It continues to be a success, and people compliment the different genres of music they have heard.

That is the great thing about 3DX. We all have the power to create something. We all have the ability to start DJing. If you don't like something, then take action. Complaining on the forum or to friends will not help. This is especially applicable to the older user base. Just because you had a good reputation several months ago, don't expect new people to know who you are. Don't think that because you are a technically accomplished DJ that people will automatically come and listen to you. Times change, and there is so much more to entertaining people than just being a good DJ. Don't rest on your laurels and keep re-inventing yourself, not just for the changing user base of 3DX but also it is good to move outside of your comfort zone and try something new. What is the worst that could happen? You fail. You pick yourself up. Learn from your mistakes and try again.

Thank you for those wise words, Saya. I haven't been here a year ago, so I don't know how it was at that time. But I'm here now, and I just look at the situation now, and what I like to do out of it. Complaining about what is now is just passing the guilt to someone else, the easy way if you don't like what you've got. Making something out of it is showing responsibility.

Some of the best friends I have made over my time here has been at Sin Club. Sitting around or dancing, striking up random conversations. One of my most memorable encounters was PaleShadow. I remember we just got talking and the conversation turned to politics. Someone from the UK and someone from Germany talking politics can be a bit socially awkward. Luckily we both agree on a lot of things. Pale is now one of my best friends and we have had some unforgettable "moments" :)

PaleShadow is a wonderful and lovely person. I have so few opportunities, but I look forward to getting to know her more. It says something about you to know keep such good company.

I've only seen you around in mostly crowded spaces so I haven't taken the opportunity to say hi and get to know you, but your profile has always intrigued me. Now this topic only amplifies the intrigue. I think I will say hi next time I see you. : )

Guest SayaX

PaleShadow is a wonderful and lovely person. I have so few opportunities, but I look forward to getting to know her more. It says something about you to know keep such good company.

I've only seen you around in mostly crowded spaces so I haven't taken the opportunity to say hi and get to know you, but your profile has always intrigued me. Now this topic only amplifies the intrigue. I think I will say hi next time I see you. : )

Hey Sparkebottom! Come and say hi much in game. Amanda is also a close mutual friend so I am sure you are super awesome, if not a little eccentric as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

It was the greatest dairy I've ever read here. Crisp 'n Clear with adult correspondences in reply.

Unfortunately, I'm from different timezone that I could not join the party with you often.

With Love,

• 5 weeks later...

After spending over one year in this world, I have decided after much thought that now it is time to leave 3DX.

I have made some wonderful friends. There are too many to mention, but I will mention those who have had the biggest impact on my 3DX life.

• LadyLiliana
  • Eraphia
  • Epithany
  • Catriona
  • KuroMegami
  • PaleShadow
  • Jowie
  • Ravenesk
  • AmandaHThomas
  • SweeetT
  • Xanar
  • Nitro
  • Sheyde
  • SallyD
  • ComfortKitty
  • Morgaine
  • PennyBree

Thank you for all your support. It means the world to me for your kindness.

I have invested a lot of time into 3DX. I joined 3DX as an escape from my real world problems and fantasy. It quickly became much more than that; it became a community of friends. I have always remained active as I do with all things in life. I have always strived to host better parties. If I don’t like something in 3DX which is within my control, then I will go out of my way to make change happen. So why am I thinking of quitting? 

• My life has changed. When I first joined 3DX my life was flipped on its head. I feel my real life is a good place right now, and I no longer feel this is the right place for me in my current chapter of my life.

• I am consistently experiencing more frustration than reward. When I host parties, as with any situation, you have to take the good with the bad. But I feel my experience has been overwhelmingly negative for an extended period. The hostility from other event organisers. I don’t know what it is whether it is their competitive nature or jealousy. Whatever it is, I want no part of that. I do this for fun, for my enjoyment.

• I can’t envision a possible solution to 3DX problems. The game inevitably gets annoying. Sure we have 2.0, which for the most part is the same game with added eye candy. I don’t see any benefit in continuing to pay a subscription for something that does not evolve. I realise there are other ways to entertain. Believe me, I have. I have organised countless events and parties for the community, and I have some wonderful friends without whom I wouldn’t have stayed this long. But now I am at the end of my patience. I can’t see 3DX improving now or in the future. 

• Spending time on 3DX keeps me from more rewarding endeavours in real life. I have a few friends who I would consider authentic and enriching. Even then these friendships or relationships cannot replace real life connections.

• I am staying for the wrong reasons. Why do I remain in 3DX? Partly the fear of change. I come on to 3DX in the evenings because of what? Boredom or loneliness? 3DX is not the place to cure boredom or loneliness. Also, there is the fear of letting down the ones I hold most dearly to my heart in 3DX. My closest friends our most important conversation is offline. I don’t have sexual connections with my best friends, so what value does 3DX offer aside from giving us a platform to meet in the first place? I honestly can’t think of any value.

I don’t think of quitting as either right or wrong or a reflection of my self-worth. I have a hard time leaving, and it is not a decision I take lightly. Also, I am not jumping on the quitting bandwagon. However, I do feel like there more people and long-term members of 3DX who have come to the same conclusions as me. Seeing Nitro leave has made me weigh up the pros and cons of quitting.

This week will be my last week in 3DX. Thank you all so much. Especially Kuro. Thank you for all your kindness and support!

Saya