3DXChat Community

Dying probably not, but will it really move forward? Think that debatable part, most multiplayer or MMO platforms success is largely based on content, play base and  online spend online time. Content to allow you to have things to do, player base to have people to interact with. Finally online time spend to be able to find people to interact with during your online time spend.

If those things don't to a level go hand in hand then places you go to will feel empty, which will make find matches to interact with will become increasingly difficult.

Guess my major concern which i doubt i am alone in, is if this become just a sex platform for a quickie sex. Because that will simply not work in long run without a major player base, as i think mention before average person who are in for quick sex has a limited online time span. Which does not contribute to time spend online, which in turn will make for fewer people to interact with in general for each person. Particularly if they're also doing same and only on for a limited time span.

So if you market your product for people who are on for a limited time span with a small user base, they will eventually have trouble connecting interaction and some will eventually leave due to inactivity and boredom. So it will be a uphill battle or climb for 3Dxchat if that is their prioritized market group, because game will not attract and have many outside that stay around. If the focus on that become so overwhelming it's hard for anyone else to avoid the objectifcation constantly from people who are interested in a 30-45min quickie.

Don't get me wrong think main reason anyone come to a product like this is the sex, but doesn't mean that everyone wants to be cold invited constantly for it, or for that matter have 30-45min quickies all day. So if it comes to that it will eventually make the market group 1 Dimensional since rest with opt and leave over a time span.

It's just food for thought, especially think it's right time to bring this up because i feel as if numbers cold invitees and random sex is growing. So think at one point or another it will either force community to split even more up, or for some to initially leave entirely creating above said situation.

Think major issue is aside from chatting or dancing there not a lot of activities in here aside from sex, so there little incitement to stay for either the 3. Would been nice with more mini games or activities, don't think it be bad if some it be tied into sex like truth or dare or strip poker as long we get past everything being the 30-45 min random quickie domination.

This entire topic is depressing... Yet another thread designed to create drama and attention on a very old topic... Yes this is old there are 100's of these threads already do we need another melodramatic thread to add to the already massive pile? OP your not doing anything new and revolutionary. If you have concerns read the other posts first discuss there... Also do not presume to speak and ask questions for the entire community like your doing us a public service unless you have actually taken a community wide census.

For some of us that have been members for a long while, we have come to terms that 3dx chat is what it is! You will never change this, just like you cannot reinvent the wheel you cannot change the nature of this games development team. They will give you what they want to, they will work on what they want to, at a time scale that they want to.

Sure I would love to have more, I would love to actually get more communication from the devs, but does it actually really affect my time here?

"Bottom line I come here for my friends and my connections. No amount of updates would ever change that fact. So I think really you should be asking yourself what you want, what is your priority in the game, then decide for yourself if you have chosen the right game for you".

Guest Twiggy

Yes there has been plenty of this type of thread posted and they will continue to happen, just like no one being able to do anything about the devs getting off their asses and actually doing something no one will be able to do anything about that either.

If it depressing for you to read them then don't read them, I actually agree with you, it is depressing, but I don't blame the people who post them, I put the blame where it belongs.

There is absolutely no reason for the devs to not give at least some of the things that are continually asked for in these 100s of threads.

What is more depressing and gets everyone coming in here with these threads is there is so many people do decide it is not the right game for them, so many people have been keeping you and I in the game because as you say, we come here for the friends.

It gets depressing when you look through your friends list and see that more than half the people in there are no longer in the game, and you know the reason that most of them have left and gone back to the game they came from.

Why bother trying to stop people from posting these threads, while the devs continue to not communicate, not give a dam what people continually ask for and just plain sit on their asses trying to pretend they are working hard for us, then people are going to keep coming in here complaining about it.

The only way that will ever stop is if the devs actually start paying attention, and you are right, if we go off past performance that will likely never happen.

You are right, and I think I was one of the 1st to say in here, the game is what you make of it.

But it is hard to keep a decent team on the ground when so many keep leaving for the same reasons.

So did anyone of the other threads (and this one) changed anything over the years this game exists?

You can complain as much as you want. I think it wont change anything...

The only thing that it creates is drama and heated discussions between the forum people. Discussion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pain. And for what?

How about we get over the fact the the development hasnt changing pace or style over the last couple of years and probably never will. They do what they think is right for their game and in the speed they want. None of this comparison or drama threads will change that.

/end thread

Well, I like to think that some of the graphics I have done have had some effect. At least they were acknowledged by gizmo and, although in many cases I just developed what others had suggested, they may have at least sown seeds.

Apart from that, yes, there have been some definite changes made that resulted from people complaining and, anyway, it is a moot point who are the worst complainers (and least constructive)... those who comment on the game or those that comment on them.

Guest Twiggy

If something is wrong and been complained about before often and nothing has been done then we should stop complaining, hmm now I am beginning to understand why the world is so fucked up.

If something is wrong and been complained about before often and nothing has been done then we should stop complaining, hmm now I am beginning to understand why the world is so fucked up.

People should stop complaining and quit the game if its so bad. If everyone does it then you will see a change of development process because it would affect their income.

Obviously the game is doing fine that they can continue with their current development policy. So why bother cluttering up the forums unecessary with repeative and repeative threads for stuff that has been asked last month, last year, 3 years ago.

^^^ Some people invested in a year and I suppose feel they wasted money so they will complain. They won't lose money because new user curiosity. The lure, until there is something that can really compete with its target which are horny people looking to have a virtual experience, I believe. It is the community that makes it more than that. It is the community that has made things interesting. Maybe that is why some get frustrated. I dunno, I won't soapbox. I know SL/Linden has been talking about its new project SL2.0 or something but they haven't exactly kept people updated either. I see some of the same bickerings on their forums. The nature of the beast, I suppose.

Guest Twiggy

Part of the reason we all continue to complain is because they give us new things to complain about.

For me for example, back in early April I actually defended the devs when people were going them then on how long it was taking to go to Unity 5.

There was a guy said that these devs are so slack he doubted if would be finished until August and that there would be nothing new done to the avatars, there a pile of us jumped on that saying no way.

I named a few things that would need to be done that would take time, lighting and the effect it would have on the different textures was the main thing I pointed out.

They release the beta in what was it June, and nothing had been done to correct that, the lighting on different textures was all messed up.

We are now in September and still it is not officially released, nothing done to improve the avatars, very little in the way of new content and it seems the devs have just got slacker than they have ever been, using the work in V2 as an excuse.

The whole thing should have been finished months ago, even with just the 2 people working on it.

For me anyway, and would guess quite a few others, even when we expect the worse we get disappointed, and not just by a small margin.

On top of all of that lots of the complaints are from people that have gone through the 3DXChat process.

They start and for a short time all they can say is how much they love 3DXChat.

Then they go to, I still love it but I think it needs.... and mostly when they say that the same things are asked for.

From there it goes to why don't the devs do things, why don't they communicate.

Then they either leave or start complaining because all their friends are leaving.

Yes it is making money and yes I agree that it will be very easy for them to just be satisfied with they are getting already, I have even said that several times in these forums.

I would also be very surprised if the devs don't often think about how much more they could be making if they pulled their fingers out.

I wonder what will happened if no one complained, if we had all said good job devs no matter what they done, or more to the point didn't do.

If we all had accepted the crap about we pay to play and updates are just a bonus.

I hate to think of how little they will have done then.