3DXChat Community

UI Scale on HiDPI displays

Maryan

I just installed the game on my Surface Pro 4, which has a HiDPI screen (2736 x 1824 pixels on a 12" screen), and while the game runs fine, the user interface is absolutely tiny, and the text almost unreadable; is there some way to scale up the UI, or could this be added in a patch sometime?

post-10579-0-55666000-1461336245_thumb.jpg

Second fix which i am using on my 4k TV is as follows desktop > display settings > change the size of text, apps and other items, it's global fix not app specific but very needed in case of some games such as this one.

Third thing you can do is also in properties (of 3dxchat) disable desktop composition that might either ruin it or fix it depends really on what size you are running but I dont think this work unless you use the above mentioned change.

The chat box text size can be readjusted by pressing the cog like icon on the chat box at the top to increase text size in chat. Also the chat box can be scaled as well. But if you're referring to UI Scaling, of like the buttons and such then it's probably best to look into some sort of applications if there is one that can resize specific individual apps similar to what Riela is suggesting but that is not a global change.

The chat box text size can be readjusted by pressing the cog like icon on the chat box at the top to increase text size in chat. Also the chat box can be scaled as well. But if you're referring to UI Scaling, of like the buttons and such then it's probably best to look into some sort of applications if there is one that can resize specific individual apps similar to what Riela is suggesting but that is not a global change.

I didn't notice the gear. :) Do you know of any programs that let you adjust the "internal resolution" (as it were) of individual apps? My google-fu failed me on this one...

Hey Maryan :)

I play 3DXChat with an SurfacePro3 2160x1440 HDPI an I found a little workaround :)

1. Download Intel Graphics Driver for your Graphic Chip.

2. Uninstall the Microsoft Graphic Drivers

3. Install Intel Graphics Driver

4. Reboot

5. Open Intel Graphics with right click on the Tray Icon ---> Graphic Properties  IntelCraphicPanel_Tray.jpg

Now is it possible for you to Setup Costume Resolutions and Graphic Profiles :)

6. Press in Intel Graphics Panel the Display Button --> Custom Resolution and Set a Resolution with 1440x960x60Hz

Later you can Save this as 3DXChat Profile if you want :)

7. Open 3DXChat and Set in the Settings 1440x960 and let open the Game in FullScreen

If you want the Window Mode to switch fast between Game and Desktop you have the same Effect with the Windows+D Buttons

I hope this helps a bit and yes I agree in Full Resolution on a 12" Screen is 3DXchat like a Mikey Mouse Cinema :D

But with my Settings you will save a lot resources of your Surface and for me is it a perfect solution :)

Edit: The result...

2160x1440.jpg

1440x960.jpg

The Quality of the Graphics and also the proportions are the same but without many resources and the Buttons, Chat Box etc are bigger!

You can also play with the settings for find the best resolution but go sure you add as costume Resolution only Settings with the same proportions :)

Edited by Achilles
Photos added as example

I finally got to try Achilles' proposal, and downloaded the Intel drivers for the Iris 540, which is what is in the SP4 I have. Sadly, Intel's setup software refused to install because reasons. Seems the Iris 540 in the SP4 isn't *quite* the same as the one they have a driver for. So I'm stuck without custom resolutions, it seems.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Running the game in non-windowed mode and at a lower resolution works, even though I get black bars because the aspect ratio isn't quite correct.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions! Love you all for it! :)

I finally got to try Achilles' proposal, and downloaded the Intel drivers for the Iris 540, which is what is in the SP4 I have. Sadly, Intel's setup software refused to install because reasons. Seems the Iris 540 in the SP4 isn't *quite* the same as the one they have a driver for. So I'm stuck without custom resolutions, it seems.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Running the game in non-windowed mode and at a lower resolution works, even though I get black bars because the aspect ratio isn't quite correct.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions! Love you all for it! :)

I had the same problem no worry :lol: I think MS don't like it if you use the Intel Drivers ^^

You can install as first the standard Basic display driver and remove the Surface graphic chip drivers packages from your Surface and try it again after a reboot :)

28-04-_2016_18-16-20.jpg