3DXChat Community

Big mistake

LuckyB52

just one other thing...isn't rp all about your mind and imagination? does it really matter what your avi looks like?  i am not being sarcastic, its a serious question

Sometimes it just makes it a lot easier for events and stuff if you can change the name. In clue type games and mystery events, It makes a world a difference. Breaks immersion if you have to always keep looking at 24 players profiles to see what character they are trying to act out. Also makes things drag on at a snails pace when people are getting mixed up. Some games take like 3-4 hours and need a lot of planning. A couple of drunk people always forgetting who is playing who, can mean the game drags out for another few hours. A few people leave because it goes over schedule and game is ruined. So event planner did tons of work for nothing.  

Visual appearance as well can influence certain games in the same way. Some events we have had here , You were supposed to actually guess who was playing each character in end. That was the only way to win. 

Most stuff  can still be done. It just really puts a damper on certain role playing stuff. Pretty much eradicated many events because it gets to confusing or it is just not possible.

C'est la vie. 

------------------

On a more serious note about OP situation. If you deleted character accidentally as soon as you created it. Then maybe contact customer service and explain your situation. They are pretty understanding. Maybe they will credit you with 10k. Or maybe not. It is worth a try though. Every time i had to deal with SexGameDevil customer support they were pretty cool.  The difference between crediting someone 10k gold or having a unhappy customer is usually a compromise they are willing to make. Can't hurt to try sending em a email. 

I agree, one of the best events I have been to here was the Cosplay party. People created alts as movie stars and gaming identities. But this can no longer be the case as I would not fork out 10 000xgold to make a temporary character for a few hours. This all brought about because of a few peoples whining. Account wide ignores worked fine, and if people want to mind fuck they will do it at any cost, whether you charge for an alt or not. It will never change back as some have mentioned because it is now an easy way for the devs to recoup the free xgold they give us.

no matter what 3dx does, they wont please everyone but I like Achillies idea, one free alt but 10k (or even more)to delete it. also i have noticed far less trolling since the fee came in. although you'll never stop certain people...and i don't mean you RobT  :P...kidding  :D

gahhh, if i had a heart my feelings would be hurt

no matter what 3dx does, they wont please everyone but I like Achillies idea, one free alt but 10k (or even more)to delete it. also i have noticed far less trolling since the fee came in. although you'll never stop certain people...and i don't mean you RobT  :P...kidding  :D

if you want an alt fairy, i'll buy you one :P

I agree, one of the best events I have been to here was the Cosplay party. People created alts as movie stars and gaming identities. But this can no longer be the case as I would not fork out 10 000xgold to make a temporary character for a few hours. This all brought about because of a few peoples whining. Account wide ignores worked fine, and if people want to mind fuck they will do it at any cost, whether you charge for an alt or not. It will never change back as some have mentioned because it is now an easy way for the devs to recoup the free xgold they give us.

An event like that sounds like a lot of fun!

But to your other point, I was one of those "whiners" because I had some bad experiences here that was the result of people on alts. I agree with you that the way it is now is not perfect, but the fee is a nice deterrent to those who wish to use alts in a deceitful way. It sucks that others are also hurt in the process, but it seems a bit off base to say: It's because of a few "whiners". In reality, the fault should not fall on the "whiners", it should fall on the people who were using alts in a way that is not acceptable.

Another line people like to use is something like...  "It doesn't matter what you do, people will always find a way around it so trying to fix it is pointless." Well, it's a good thing we don't use that line of thinking in everything we do. Example: If that's the case, why have speed limits? If people want to speed, they will anyhow right?  

I agree that the fee is not a perfect solution, but it is a good deterrent and has made a noticeable difference, at least in my experiences. I think Achilles has a better solution because to me, the issue is not caused by people creating alts. The issue is caused people being able to easily delete and create alts over and over again.

just one other thing...isn't rp all about your mind and imagination? does it really matter what your avi looks like ( apart from having a female and male alt ofc)?  i am not being sarcastic, its a serious question

Im not a too big RP'ler for myself but I know of a good friend of mine that this does make a very big difference for her.

Me personally I am fine with current system. But I also like to think about friends/others who are hit by that system. It is no 1-man show here :)

Well unfortunately the new system is one that punishes everyone, not just the people it was meant to stop. And regarding the speed limit example, well our point to point cameras captured over 400 people speeding in the first month, will they be deterred by the cost? maybe but some don't care and its just a minor setback, its the same with mind fuckers, its a minor costly set back, but will they still do it? most likely.

Anyway this argument has been flogged to death in the past.

Honestly, It was a money grab, not a deterrent. They could have done so many things if they just wanted to deter it. For example make any and all alt names a specific color . wouldnt give away who they were for the rpers but would also show people it was in fact an alt. 

Nothing wrong with having alts, I have two. One everyone knows about, Another only a couple of my friends know but im not going around marrying multiple people on them either. 

Honestly, It was a money grab, not a deterrent. They could have done so many things if they just wanted to deter it. For example make any and all alt names a specific color . wouldnt give away who they were for the rpers but would also show people it was in fact an alt. 

Nothing wrong with having alts, I have two. One everyone knows about, Another only a couple of my friends know but im not going around marrying multiple people on them either. 

well maybe it was a money grab, but it has also been an incredible deterrent. Again that's my experiences but its been a very noticeable one to me

I would fully support changing color of alt names. Remember the polls? Everyone screams and hollars about that, so what does that tell you?  It tells you that most people would rather pay the $20 than to let others know that they are on an alt.

Nothing wrong with a money grab btw, They are ultimately here to make money. . I can see both sides of this . on one hand i can see where people have gotten screwed over by someone and thats never fun however i see the other sides point that says why should they stop rping just because people are looking for  a significant other .  if you are looking for love, a sex game might not be the best place to do so. This isnt eharmony.  I am not saying i feel that way but there are some who do.  Make no mistake, i am not endorsing people who play mind games with people. I am just playing devils advocate

This has been beaten into the ground in other posts so i will really leave it at that before i cause a shit storm.

Delete and create alts over and over again is part of the game. What's bad about it?
Why do we judge people create and delete new characters, looking for herself in the most correct way to them?
We Communists? Who are trying to control the way a person looks, with whom to be friends and sleeping with whom?
Struggling with one or two manipulators and two three trolls, developers hit all the innocent players.
If 1 person from 1000 - a fool, why punish the 999 innocent players ?
Even the Communists did not do so.
It supermegaultra Communism, huh? )))

Let's make easier. The more gift the player, the more community love his and trust him. So? The game already has a gift counter . Make it so that if a person has 50 (100 ... 200) gift and more, person can create alts free.

Let's make easier. The more gift the player, the more community love his and trust him. So? The game already has a gift counter . Make it so that if a person has 50 (100 ... 200) gift and more, person can create alts free.

if thats the case hookers would have the most free alts

i see both sides of the story and with regards to my earlier post -is the look of your alt important to rp?- i see why it is is some cases now.  Like Jess, i had a nasty experience someone and their alts and I was one of those -whiners- too. I like the colour coding idea, but you could go one step further and put on the alts profile who it belongs to, I cant see affecting rpers.

so you have two alts huh Rob, what is this world coming to? ;p

i see both sides of the story and with regards to my earlier post -is the look of your alt important to rp?- i see why it is is some cases now.  Like Jess, i had a nasty experience someone and their alts and I was one of those -whiners- too. I like the colour coding idea, but you could go one step further and put on the alts profile who it belongs to, I cant see affecting rpers.

so you have two alts huh Rob, what is this world coming to? ;p

the fact that you are stalking my posts is disturbing and exciting all at the same time rawr!

(disclaimer: was a joke)

harh harhh harhhh Rob...so thats how you got so many gifts huh?   :P

2 gifts and i will make you forget you like women only bahahahaha

And I too had an experience with someone an their alts, my online wife had 3 alts that I found out were all her plus another 2 I didn't know about, as she had two accts, one of those alts was a girlfriend to a close friend of mine. was I hurt? yes. But not by the fact she had alts, but by the fact she gave no reason to me as to why she needed them, instead she deleted all her characters and hid. Does this mean I want to pay for an alt? no, it still punishes everyone for the small percentage of mind fuckers, so maybe as mentioned colouring alts names should be a fairer option.

As I said previous though we have flogged this issue to death, the devs are recouping their gold so nothing will change. We just have have to remember, its the internet and a sex game, no matter how well you think you know someone you can never be a hundred percent sure unless you meet them in rl. It's no different to the males playing females (of which I am one, but state it on my profile) that come out after a year and say 'oh by the way did I mention I am a guy' those close friends thought they knew that person well.

P.S. sorry for dark ink.