3DXChat Community

Call the Ghostbusters!

Xanar

If this is a hack and it affects the avas of non cheating users to glow and non cheating users see them glow it clearly means a hack can cause a client sends corrupted data to other clients. If so this has to be rated as a very big security issue until proofed otherwise because who grants that no malware can be send?

Honestly: If a client proofs all received data the ghost effect can be achieved anyway. It excist regular in the client because of Halloween. A client maybe does not know from where data is sent so even if proofed valid the ghost functionality can be addressed and set to on. But as not stored on the server the effect disappears when the ghost or the one seeing the ghost re-enters a room. Seems it is only a kind of trigger-on function that has to be re-triggered anytime one enters a room new.

If so it "only" sucks but is not a security issue. But in this case the invalid function enabling has to be eliminated. It is up to devs to add a kind of sender signature to data to get regular clients to proof that data are from a regular source.

So currently we may have valid non-malware data but out of non proofed sources. Until this is sure to be the situation the rating stays high security risk issue.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem as reared its head again. It affect me and another player in Sin tonight. On my screen I looked normal, but to everyone else I appeared as a ghost. Re-entering solved the problem for about 5 seconds.

As I've said before I use no cheats or hacks (seriously, I have no idea how to), but I guess someone else in Sin was.