3DXChat Community

GPU issues, some help pls

Legion

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else is having these GPU related problems. 

In the player housing there is a white fog that covers most of my screen (I think this is caused by lighting) and on the 3s models themselves the skin (mainly looks to be where light should be reflecting or interacting with skin surface) appears blotchy, and makes the models look all messed up including some transparency.  Anyone know what is causing this issue and a possible fix?  

This is making game play terrible and I can barely see when in the player housing to even enjoy that.

Thanks in advance =)

It is a desktop pc, and I just updated my drivers figuring that may help but it did not.  My video card can handle any game or MMORPG that I throw out it at high setting without issue - and I play some GPU intensive games some of which are way more complex in models, textures, and shaders.   

It seems to be light rendering and effects or something along those lines and there is no way to tweak settings to evaluate it. 

any ideas how to try and correct this or at least minimize it so I can use player housing?

Thanks for the quick response btw

It really is going to depend on the spec of your card and settings within the advanced settings of the drivers.

I run EVGA 780Ti 6GB Cards in my machine in SLI running off a 4960X Extreme Edition Processor and the game had issues with HT enabled. Turning off the HT fixed it completely, showing the game scales badly with multiple virtual cores.

It also does not use SLI at all.

Ideally reset your driver settings to default, remove any overclocks if you have them, and as far as I remember there is a patch that changes the way the card handles shaders that is a "workaround" for shader rendering calls on the card.

You can also run the game on medium and see if that does anything.