Aria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSouthern USA

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

RLC:

RLC is based on  Prototerra game engine from approximately 10 years ago. It is a stand alone 'game.'

PROS: Paid economy resulting in 10's of thousands of user created articles of clothing, and skins.  Customizable properties and clubs individually owned,  ( Some as large as the Beach in 3DX), large community (though shrinking due to its age) averaging 1500 online daily, some make a real life living off of in world sales like SL.

CONS: Paid economy,  aging outdated graphics, no further development in RLC by developers (Curio is Utherverse's  next step built in Unity 5 - currently in beta), not even close in 'sexiness',  shrinking community (but still 5 times larger than 3DX at this point), limited future life.

Curio (RLC2):

Pros: Paid economy will result in drawing the most talented to it to create custom content for sale. Textures, animations, scripts, and props, Unity 5 Graphics and engine,  Personal properties,  club ownership, potential for rapid (daily) content development, multi platform expansion (Tablets, android, etc)

CONS: Paid economy resulting in having to buy each and everything desired,  Economy manipulation - by those attempting to scam for profit,  Monthly property rents, unknown other negatives. Monthly subscription costs + property rents + clothing costs + props (furniture etc) = Monthly cost.

3DX:

Pros: Currently up and running Unity engine game, upgrading to Unity 5. One subscription fee with all costs included. Updated several times a year with content. Great graphics (that will get even better), free apartments than can serve for private and house parties, well done animations, and overall very sexy, staff has shown interest in considering user created content and open to suggestions.

Cons: Limited content updates, lack of clothing diversity, extremely limited props (furniture, etc), needs better administration system for kicking and banning unwanted guests from personal properties causing problems,  limited ability to customize personal look.

I would like to say that I have been a part of the RLC community for almost 10 yrs I do enjoy the world and would like to stay that I do recall when it was about the same size of this world and dig alot of growing after many updates were added to the world...I do believe it had night candy blu's the bordello the alley and some type of sex place and that was it ohh and the street and the transport area so indeed not large at all...I would like to see this place grow also RLC is a membership fee of $20 usd for VIP (yellow) being which makes you able to engage in sexual activites also there is a free member status as well which would be green.. there is an economy there and lots of people including myself have done very well with making money inworld then cashing out irl...i hope to see this incorporated here since xgold already exists...what else could xgold be for?? adding characters and having a beer only in game? LOL!!  I have also been in curio as well its nice to look at but its just complete crap the animations are bad and they are actually the same ones that are in the game now if any of you play there is NOTHING different which is kinda sad....I hope for the best here as I said before I would love to see this place grow!!:)

• Maxx likes this

#24 Kleio

Kleio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

I haven't much experiences or interest about the animations developing stuff but I know to share parts of 3DXChat sources with other members needs a lot time and trust because 3DXChat isn't openSource.

To share too many informations or give out a SDK brings also the risk to copy parts of the game.

I agree, some User created content needs really a chance and a eye of the Developers but also is it sometimes better if the Developers do it self because it's faster as when the developers first explain to someone all needed steps and also will this safe all engine parts of 3DXChat :)

The core question is what's more preferred: Should the Developers invest her time to make user created content 3DXChat ready or should the Developers invest her time to Develop self her planed Updates?

Don't forget 3DXChat isn't a Browser or Flash game ;)

this may sound silly but im gonna throw this simple solution female and male avatar use the same skeletal structure and body model no matter what theres only two genders i could be wrong but i bet its the same ones , if those were public problem solved 100% and you cant copy game assets which btw isn't hard to do as unity engine currently stands i could send in work to the admins but i would also be banned for using their assets to make them assets ? see what i mean here in order to correctly make artwork for the game we would have to break a law in most countries and rip the content out of the game files to do so that isnt a solution.

• Chilles likes this

#25 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

this may sound silly but im gonna throw this simple solution female and male avatar use the same skeletal structure and body model no matter what theres only two genders i could be wrong but i bet its the same ones , if those were public problem solved 100% and you cant copy game assets which btw isn't hard to do as unity engine currently stands i could send in work to the admins but i would also be banned for using their assets to make them assets ? see what i mean here in order to correctly make artwork for the game we would have to break a law in most countries and rip the content out of the game files to do so that isnt a solution.

I'm sure the devs have base temples or something similar they use to make content. They could make these resources available to people. 

I know of MANY diff people, myself included who have made content and submitted it with no reply from anyone about it.  :(

#26 Jowey M

Jowey M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

... but also is it sometimes better if the Developers do it self because it's faster as when the developers first explain to someone all needed steps and also will this safe all engine parts of 3DXChat :)

really ?

#27 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

[In rock, mods and dedicated servers...we trusT]...

ps: well rockn metal were "only" my roots musicwise and once ppl that know me, know, that i hear so freakn many other awesome, great n asskicking other musicgrenres too! but that would: a.) just simply cost to much of my liftetime now, to mention all ofm and b. ) also cost to much unique and precious lifetime, of all of ypu inhere that neiter I, or my lawyers, will ever pay ya^^ ps:...to be continued...maybe...maybe not!^^

#28 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

...So yes and just only imagine, not excatly like john lennon once said, sung and mentioned, but imagine, what we all of incredibile n awesome usermade-content @ stuff dot com. --> WE @ll HERE in our game, already would have and...still would keep on getting!!! Sure,

16vaf8.jpg

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

• claudi and KYUSS like this

#29 ravenmuon

ravenmuon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

From what I read so far about the SDK, it sounds like it will mainly focus on user created content. What I'd like to do is have an SDK that allows improvements to how the camera can be controlled. I find there are some annoyances in how the camera works, and there are a few improvements I can think of. I have done some casual game engine programming in C# before, so being able to make improvements to how the camera is controlled would be great I think.

Any word on when the SDK might become available?

#30 KYUSS

KYUSS

Sometimes I wonder - just like my sis!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Location[Fresh|Air] Patch

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

delay-0(1).jpg?id=97685187

Office-worker-watches-clock.jpg

Spoiler

#31 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Seriously guys, stop it with the picture spam.

Having to scroll down multiple screens of pointless flashing images even on my not so small 30" display is really super annoying.

• MissD and Ullubu like this

#32 KYUSS

KYUSS

Sometimes I wonder - just like my sis!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Location[Fresh|Air] Patch

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Roger that |sorry for "friendly fire" on the visuals and i was ready in anycase with some 'eye openers' - anyway, happy easter and wake me up then, seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users