3DXChat Community

User generated content

Halderim

What would the community say about a feature to create own clothes?

A lot of people are really creative when it comes to clothes and such things and it would be nice to get involved in the development.

So giving us the texture templates for the different clothes and let the community do there thing. Give everyone the option to upload textures for new clothes and the devs can say yes or no and implement them to the game. I have seen this in Achat or in Second Life and everyone was doing some great work.

. i definitely like this idea myself .

. i was a home decorator in RLC for a few years and i really enjoy creating spaces for my customers at my time there .

. so i would most definitely appreciate seeing the creative influences of others expressed here as well .

. but of course things like that take its time, and we are still in Beta so who knows what the future may bring (>‿◠)✌ .

Yep good idea. You have introduced in game currency. Why not make avi meshes available for a cost of in game currency and let players create and resell. 3dx chat taking a cut in the sales allowing them more funds for game content. Obviously 3dx having final say on what gets allowed through. I created on imvu for a few years on my opinion it keeps the game moving forward. Personally in game currency is useless atm and I won't purchase any. Let me create then t all changes. And in game currency actually having some worth.

I support this idea , and hope wear players clothes soon . Unfortunately for you , you will never wear clothes made by me because i understand nothing at templates , uploading things etc etc ... hmmm .... Well .... i cant be good in sex and in designing at the same time  :lol: 

I was actually thinking about this myself a few days ago but was hesitant to make a topic for it. The silly topic with all the biffles gave me the idea but as Thomas said, there should be a qualtiy check at least. I would gladly help in making some designs :)

Might even be as simple as posting an image here so the devs could download and past it on the shirts.

I have quite mixed feelings about user generated content.

On the one hand I'd love to see some variety in the available outfits (be it only custom pictures for tees as suggested by Amari -and I'd love to see my silliness on IG t-shirts :P), but on the other hand I can already foresee trouble :

You speak of quality insurance?

Who will judge what is allowed in game and what's not? The devs?

May I remind you we, as a community, already have some trouble accepting a simple set of rules (see the "dogs" thread for instance)...

Just imagine when a topic will be created for each design that won't be accepted asking for explanations... :(

What would be judged acceptable or not? Based on which legal system? On which cultural background?

As a commercial game, 3DX has to comply to some regulations (and no I won't earn a Godwin point here).

Some pictures/acts may be considered unlawful/offensive in some countries/cultures but not in others. Just think about cows in India.

Do I need to remind you we are an international community?

Someone mentioned monetizing the whole thing. Taking aside the fact I'm strongly against any further IG economy, I can only remember all the arguments I've seen in each game that offered players a way to sell to others.

How much time after such a possibility exists before we end up flooded IG and on the forum with endless claims that the promised "good" was not delivered/not paid for/poorly done/not what I wanted...

The bottom line is that I see it as a far more complicated issue than "just" allowing people to upload their "work of art", with deeper consequences than it first appear.

Plus implementing such thing may not be the top priority for our devs at present time.

My $0.02.

I agree with you shawn. I mentioned the the currency only because an in game currency has been introduced which in my eyes is pointless the way it works at the moment. If you can buy gifts and send them at least let them be usable in game. Creating 3d clothing, furniture, homes isn't as straight forward as sticking a texture over an existing piece of clothing you just end up with something that has lost all it's realistic looks. Most people wouldn't be bothered with it or have the program's to be able to do it from meshing onwards. It is just an idea for the creative amongst us we all want our Avis to look a little different to the person on the dancefloor next to us.

User generated content will end up like in Second Life ... tons of it and nothing will sync or fit to other things unless u buy everything from same person ... but thats just my opinion which doesnt matter  :P

Sure there must be a check for the quality of the user generated content and only the devs should do that.

Why is that so ... because it is their game and they know what will fit in best.

@Shawn 

I wouldn't make the user content buyable it should be just for free like everthing else too. Like you said when you get ingame currency for selling something you will have a huge amount of stuff and only the people who have the knowledge about making clothes for the game get something for it.

This should be something for everyone ... not only for the people who have the momeny to pay the monthly fee and buy gold.

The achat designers system could work here .

Designers make a topic in the forum to show to peoples their creations , then when they consider that they finished one , they send all their work to the devs , and only devs decide if they add it in game or not .

The only problem , i think , will be that women will have tons of clothing and men less . Strangely , it seem that when there is this kind of stuff , designers are interessed only in giving tons and tons of clothes to women and forget men lol  :D 

Please give socks to men , it smell too bad when they are dancing for too long hehehe