3DXChat Community

3dx and Linux

Guest RobT

Good morning,

working fine for me on Debian Jessie stable and also on Linux Mint 17.3.

Last one is working out of the box by just using Wine. So I guess would be same with every Ubuntu based distribution.

In Debian I had to additionally configure Wine a bit.

Which distribution do you use? Which graphics adapter? If it is NVIDIA be sure that proprietary driver is installed.

It won't work with open source driver nv.

Cheers

using mint. the latest version. just installed like 3 days ago. this is the driver my card is using....

4xZaia7.png

just decided to dual boot 

is ofc always an option and not a bad one especially if you need to use applications that simply won't run in Linux like Photoshop etc.

Using triple boot here on my main computer especially because of my DAW :)

As far as a I know (I don't use ATI) there are more issues in Linux with ATI graphics adapters than with NVIDIA. NVIDIA is supportet in a better way.

But that's not the fault of Linux but the fault of AMD/ATI.

You could ofc try to install Linux driver directly from AMD/ATI.

• 7 months later...

Didn't test 2.0 with Linux until now. Will do this if I have some more freetime again.

If I remember correcty there was a topic from a french user here not too long ago describing configuration in Kubuntu.

Should be quite similar for Mint.

Btw: don't know if I already told you...but....you are such a good guy Rob ;)

Lol. I keep getting a didnt load kernel message after install tried downloading two seperate times and installing

urgs...I was just following the steps of LudovicN's really good tutorial here on forum for a short test installation and 3DXChat 2.0 now running with Linux Mint 18.

Main thing is as far as I could see that you have to use the newest wine version directly from wine page which is not offered by default in Linux Mint.

So you have to manually add the wine repository.

Tutorial is in french but in fact doesn't matter as you just have to follow the steps/commands here in the bash.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3607-tutoriel-installer-%C2%AB-3dxchat-339-%C2%BB-et-%C2%AB-3dxchat-20-beta-%C2%BB-sur-wine-de-linux-macfran%C3%A7ais/?hl=kubuntu

Cheers