3DXChat Community

Make it fare by everyone

Guest Twiggy

For some time now use of a program to make some really cool changes to rooms has been in dispute.

It is listed as against the rules but many seem to use it and nothing is done, others complain because there is no information on how to go about it.

If you are in the right group of people you can find out how to do it and others have little hope of doing the same.

Any post about it will normally be removed but I think it is time for it to made more fare and have it so everyone can get access to it.

Especially when it appears on the official twitter page for 3DXChat.

If it is going to be so accepted then posts should be allowed to show people how to go about it.

Cb7uvh1WIAAyRjL.jpg

The problem is that there is very little decorations for the rooms (I'm also on Eros, RLC and SL that put this game to shame when it comes to personal decorating of your in game places)... and all of rooms look basically the same here... Very one wants their room to look special... So... If the game designers don't do anything about it, some smart person comes up with a hack to do it... The same thing happen in the past here with coloring of your clothing and character. Someone came out with a hack to do it.... then programmers added the color wheel here and the color hack is no longer needed.... To fix this and to stop the hacking of room design is simple... give the plays what they want, and the hack will go away... I personally never use hacks or mods...

The problem is that there is very little decorations for the rooms (I'm also on Eros, RLC and SL that put this game to shame when it comes to personal decorating of your in game places)... and all of rooms look basically the same here... Very one wants their room to look special... So... If the game designers don't do anything about it, some smart person comes up with a hack to do it... The same thing happen in the past here with coloring of your clothing and character. Someone came out with a hack to do it.... then programmers added the color wheel here and the color hack is no longer needed.... To fix this and to stop the hacking of room design is simple... give the plays what they want, and the hack will go away... I personally never use hacks or mods...

I agree totally, but that exact thing has been asked for hundreds of times.

Simply being able to adjust the height of an object, ie, placing the DJ booth on top of blocks as has been done in that picture, would make a huge difference.

I have access to people that know how to go about it and have been told how to, but I quickly got to feel bad about it when lots of new players kept asking how to do it.

I had been told when i was shown not to show anyone else how to do it and I just thought it to unfare so I stopped.

I don't think it would take much for the devs to make it so we could do at least some of things they do, and it would make such a huge difference.

But as I said, it has been asked for so many times I don't think they will ever do it, so that is why I think it fare that posting how to do these things should be allowed.

At least then people who want to do these things to their rooms have a reference on how to go about it.

I think the current state that cheating is against the rules but at the same time there are numerous posts advertising parties in cheated rooms AND cheated rooms are featured on the official 3dx tumblr and twitter representations is more than heretic and ridiculous.

What needed is not a "how to cheat" tutorial but the implementation of these features in the game. 

At the current state we have to say that cheating is against the rules but at the same time it is not only officially accepted but officially promoted. If you want to cheat and don't know how, find someone with a cheated room and ask her/him.

personally i'm against all of that "custom made rooms" thing but only cos i don't have a good hard ware to process it(meaning my laptop is crap).

and i'm not the only one that have a low power PC or laptop, if they will make this available to all ppl to make the rooms with as many items and cubes on top of each other and all the other stuff - 3DX will become pretty much unplayable to a lot of ppl, including myself.

personally i'm against all of that "custom made rooms" thing but only cos i don't have a good hard ware to process it(meaning my laptop is crap).

and i'm not the only one that have a low power PC or laptop, if they will make this available to all ppl to make the rooms with as many items and cubes on top of each other and all the other stuff - 3DX will become pretty much unplayable to a lot of ppl, including myself.

As far as I know the hardware killer is not the placement of things on top of each other, but the clipping of tables etc that were placed in each other. But I agree, there has to be taken care to keep the hardware requirements as they are now. So a simple way to achieve this would be to allow the placement of things on top of each other but keeping the collision system as it is, including the unability to place things outside the room.

Maybe things as they are suit the developers perfectly: enough hacked rooms to keep things fresh and people coming back, thus saving the devs the trouble of rewriting code to allow everyone the same customisation, and limiting the number of alterations by on the whole discouraging it, so the game doesn't become (any more) unstable.

For some time now use of a program to make some really cool changes to rooms has been in dispute.

It is listed as against the rules but many seem to use it and nothing is done, others complain because there is no information on how to go about it.

If you are in the right group of people you can find out how to do it and others have little hope of doing the same.

Any post about it will normally be removed but I think it is time for it to made more fare and have it so everyone can get access to it.

Especially when it appears on the official twitter page for 3DXChat.

If it is going to be so accepted then posts should be allowed to show people how to go about it.

Cb7uvh1WIAAyRjL.jpg

I can not ever see this cheat engine being provided to the membership. I see code being wrote around it to prevent its use before the creator of the cheat engine hands it over to a dev. As goes for anyone who uses it & or has reworked it. However I do see a stack on top of command in this picture. So its possible something equal is in the works... :)

I can not ever see this cheat engine being provided to the membership. I see code being wrote around it to prevent its use before the creator of the cheat engine hands it over to a dev. As goes for anyone who uses it & or has reworked it. However I do see a stack on top of command in this picture. So its possible something equal is in the works... :)

The above pic shows 3dx's official advertisement using an existing cheated user room, not a preview of an upcoming patch.

What needed is not a "how to cheat" tutorial but the implementation of these features in the game.

Couldn't agree more.

You are losing time twiggy, it wont change, this place is just full of ipocrit.

/me wait for Shanti to edit my post 

I'm no longer a moderator here, so feel free to check your facts, keep your sarcasm for yourself and not include me in your whinings.  :)

Naa, they just feature LauraTWK's and other customer's tumblr updates on their own tumblr and twitter sides for advertisement. 

Even better :) so the official Twitter advertising site shows an image of something that not possible with a subscription unless you CHEAT!!!!

You are losing time twiggy, it wont change, this place is just full of ipocrit.

/me wait for Shanti to edit my post 

I'm no longer a moderator here, so feel free to keep your sarcasm for yourself and not include me in your whining.  :)

No problem, let me do it for you :wub:

just a joke :P

One simple fix could be for some one with the knowledge of the "How To" to make a simple Tumblr or Blog away from the forums. In other venues this is what a mod community would do to share the "Oh Oh Oh Lookie what I can do and how I did it" Creative people surround us, looking beyond the lines drawn in the sand, support them, talk to them, allow them to make the world around you better, call them out or try to shame them and they will close themselves off to you, leaving you in a plan mundane world.

You want it to be fair, talk to the people that can do it, collect the how to and share it.........................................

When Gizmo put in the patch that stripped off my skin color, he, Lisa and Ash were all telling us in chat the reason for it was people decorating their rooms in extreme ways, specifically Pier's White Palace house that had beds and couches floating in space. Supposedly they were going to add my skin color back in "next month" which of course never came, and yet people are still able to move furniture around. This is why I stopped paying to play it even though I did enjoy this game.

the real hardware killer and lag promoter(if that is even a thing) is all the dynamic shadow and lighting which eat away graphics cards memory and washing it all down with RAM

so in a nut shell - more things that a shiny more lag for low laptops and PC's(i think that includes pplz too inside the room cos light and shadow kinda bounces off them)

clipping has very little if not no effect at all.

My personal opinion:

I'm not a Fan of cheats or Hacks and so long the rule is there I'll support it.

But it's really interest and funny to see what ppl can do with this.

A simple positions editor for objects should fix this in my opinion and at least no cheats or hacks longer needed.

When they gave us color palette, the color hacking with CE kinda stopped. Why not do the same with props in interiour

Free-Mode Editor should be possible, with some small limits so people arent able to place millions of tables into each other or something. I would want to see it too :)