3DXChat Community

NickFantasy

2.0 won't run at all on my MacBook Pro 13 2015 model. It works okay on my iMac 5k. It only works on older versions of PlayOnMac. The newest version does not work.

They are using Unity 5, just support the Mac already. Other games in this category support the Mac. How many people have to complain about Mac compatibility before the devs actually realise it is a thing?

I know a Mac is not designed for gaming. But this is more of a social platform with some sex added in.

Hey guys, 3DXChat is designed for Windows PC only. If you have any troubles with running 3DXChat on Mac via PlayOnMac (or any other emulator that allows you run Windows apps on Mac) then you should contact PlayOnMac (or other emulator) support. We do not plan to support Mac platform, sorry.

Got he same issue to install it, Wine not working, Play On Mac, not working, looks like emulator don t  like it at all. So I looked for a virtual machine, free first, tried Virtual Box but same issue.

Finally tried the 14 days trial of Parallel and this works like a charm. Unfortunately you need a windows license, and pay for the software... But once you have it, you basically can run any windows program on your Mac.

http://www.parallels.com/es/products/desktop/

Guest SheMania

I tried it on VMware Fusion, kind of same virtual machine stuff. Result: complete crash of the virtual machine!

What kind of Mac are you using, in special wich graphics environment/card?

• 1 month later...

I have a problem after installing the game on my MacBook Air (Beginning 2015 with MacOs Sierra), each time I enter my Email and my password the game starts to load up but then it always freezes. What can I do? Should I wait for the next update or should I downgrade my OS ?

Try to configure the video ram for 3dx in POM... from default to 4096mb

Configure under screen options in POM upper menu row before you click the starter

If this not works you may try parallels desktop... 2015 mac Book Air should work from hardware specs

Hi everyone, today is my first day on the game. I'd had very bad flickering and crashing and the flickering has gotten to the point where the game is unplayable. I was under the impression this game would work for mac. I'm using PlayonMac. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Are refunds given for issues like these? I don't think I can play if I can't fix the flickering :/ thanks so much. 

Guest NicoletteAM

I don't play on a Mac but there is a forum thread that may help you in the Tech support forum here 3dx and playonmac 

you have to configure the video ram for PlayonMac. its set to default but you can raise it to max 4gb then the flickering will dissapear... at least it did work fine for me.

you'll find the option in playonmac / settings / Monitor(viewing options?) i only know the german version^^... but there you find some settings including the option for video ram

• 2 months later...

I recently signed up and I have a macbook retina display (2012).  I am attempting to use PlayOnMac to run the game but I am not able to run the game once it is finished installing due to the following error message:  post-14813-0-13123000-1486010101_thumb.png.  Any help with this error or a better way to run the game on mac would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all need some help, used to play the 1.0 version fine in the past, thought i would jump on again downloaded everything 'play on mac' etc, got to the log in screen type my email and password in i click login then after about 2 seconds the application just freezes and crashes? 

did you adjust the video ram in play on mac? 

on default i had the same... when i raised it manually to 4096mb 3dx worked fine for me

I'm pretty noob at this i would not even have a clue how to do that can't really find anything telling me how to also haha