3DXChat Community

NickFantasy

Hello

Lately im experiencing more and more screen flickering and game freeze on my mac (using playonmac).

I even downgraded the playonmac version, which partially fixed the issue, but still having those problems from time to time though.

Anyone with some advice ?

Nick

Hi Nick

I use Parallels since 2 years and Windows 10.

It works very fine, without any problems. very stable and fast.

I know its not a free version, but it works :) and I have a complete additional Windows environmet for all my windows stuff on my Mac.

If you need help for that you can contact me directly with a PM :)

regards

Angi

I use PlayOnMac and I do not run into any issues. The only issues I have are not being able to add images to my gallery. I have to login to Windows partition to do that. If you have a copy of Windows then you can try a separate partition in Boot Camp or use Parallels or VMWare Fusion but you have to pay for those and a lot of memory is useful if you are going to run a VM.

Hi Angelina and Saya,  thank you for your useful advices:)

Well i tried parallels and Boot Camp with 3dx - but with windows 8 plattform it was quite disappointing - in parallels mouse movements control were absolutely weird and boot camp u have to start it everytime logging off from the os system.

So im playing 3dx since 1 year with playonmac with by far the best results - but lately it began to have some issues (i updated PlayOnMac..grrrrr), but it got better again after downgrading it to an older version - but still some issues are there...

Well i guess ill try another version and reeinstall all the stuff .... or the hammer will be the next step :D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use PlayOnMac and I do not run into any issues. The only issues I have are not being able to add images to my gallery. I have to login to Windows partition to do that. If you have a copy of Windows then you can try a separate partition in Boot Camp or use Parallels or VMWare Fusion but you have to pay for those and a lot of memory is useful if you are going to run a VM.

hello For add images to my gallery ,just put the image  on your  desktop

hello For add images to my gallery ,just put the image  on your  desktop

Sorry, I don't understand. How will adding an image to my desktop help? The desktop is just a folder like any other in the Finder. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

When I click Upload Photo in 3DX the file picker dialog does not pop up at all.

When clicking Open Screenshots Folder I get a Program Error. The screenshots one is no big deal. That is what Cmd+Shift+4 is for, but it is a pain that I have to go to Windows just to add an image to my gallery.

I think he meant to add a Photo to your Virtual Desktop?!
I've some experiences with VMware, I think it's similar on Mac like Windows :)

It was possible to share folders and content between the Host and the Virtual Machine. To Plug-in a USB Stick etc did also work :)
But I understand if the Explorer doesn't open would this all very useless for you.

I have an unrelated, but similar issue, with PlayOnMac - since I installed the 2.0 client last week, I have no screenshot folder. In 1.0, if I took a screenshot, it went into the default screenshot folder, but that doesn't seem to exist for me in 2.0. All my hot pictures are gone! :o

Anyone else have that problem on a Mac?

Hi guys! A few days ago I had tried many ways to install 3dxchat on macbook like Playonmac, used other Wine applications but after installed its stop working while loading game so...Do you guys installed successful or not?....have some advice to installing 3dx on mac ...