Photo

deleting a character not returning 10k xgold?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Lefti

Lefti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIn the words

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

I paid £50 for a man to mow my lawn then decided I didn't want the grass that short, so could I have my money back?

What do you mean 'No'?!?

Way of the world, I'm afraid.

Good one..but its not the same.

What George means i guess...is that he lost the slot..Which would mean that..You payed the man..but when the wind blew the grass was blown away.

The question shouldnt be the "refun" of the 10k  but the "where s the charakter slot i purchesed" :P

• Elenn likes this

#22 Elenn

Elenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

To keep the slot would be nice, honestly.

I would be interested in hearing if the ones that wanted the alt creation to not be free are pleased by how the situation evolved.

Is there less drama ? or was it a bad choice ?

Because for roleplayers, it was a very bad thing for sure. No doubt.

• Lefti and Nilumi like this

#23 Morgaine

Morgaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

I think the first slot should be free to remake a character, ONLY if it is the ONLY character you have, since you pay 20.00 a month FOR THAT SLOT!!!  Having to pay 10k for the only character you have is BULLS*$T!!!  IMO :)

But yes having to pay for a character when you already have your sub, the sub itself should allow for you to have a single character, and if you misspell the name, no biggie remake because you should be able too.

Now all this is assuming you only have the single character, if you have 2 characters and you want to delete first toon, you have to pay for, because you have another.  Only single character players or new subscribers is what i'm saying.

M.

sorry if I rambled there.  Love the game.  /me waves bubye

• Wizard and curvedwood like this

#24 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

To keep the slot would be nice, honestly.

I would be interested in hearing if the ones that wanted the alt creation to not be free are pleased by how the situation evolved.

Is there less drama ? or was it a bad choice ?

Because for roleplayers, it was a very bad thing for sure. No doubt.

I have seen some posts regarding drama since the charge was implemented. They were taken down of course. So to me it did not seem to help but I don't see the charge going away because ka-ching. 

Disclaimer: I have not been in world in months so I have no idea but even when I was I still had no idea most of the time. lol

• xMaceyx and Mr_Burns like this

#25 TerryHeart

TerryHeart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

Good one..but its not the same.

What George means i guess...is that he lost the slot..Which would mean that..You payed the man..but when the wind blew the grass was blown away.

The question shouldnt be the "refun" of the 10k  but the "where s the charakter slot i purchesed" :P

I think it is more like this....  I paid for and own a yard.... I plant green grass on it.... Then change my mind and want blue grass on it.... I remove the green grass and it turns out that my yard is gone too... See the point...

#26 TerryHeart

TerryHeart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

I want 3dxchat to make money... That way they can keep this game running... I just think that this is a bad business model and going to loss a small number of people because of it...

#27 sauced

sauced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

Yeah i'm gone once my sub runs out, not coming back.

#28 Lumi

Lumi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

I want 3dxchat to make money... That way they can keep this game running... I just think that this is a bad business model and going to loss a small number of people because of it...

To be honest the whole gold system wants looking at. The 10k alt creation fee is a bit steep, and the prices of photo slots on your profile beyond the 6th image are just ridiculous. I love showcasing images I make in game on my profile, but I've hit the point now one extra image will cost me over $30 USD to upload.

I get the point on there being a fee (server space/load) but those prices are simply daylight robbery.

Balance these costs out with gold earning. The daily login bonus is very small, and even referring friends earns a pittance of gold when weighed against costs for an alt or simple photo slot.

Lower the gold costs, raise the rewards and implement some extra ways to earn (and use) gold to incite extra activity (thus extra profit).
  • chaostika, Jowey M, Nitro and 3 others like this

#29 orcmid

orcmid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

In the test version for the next patch (build 378 or later), there is provision for renaming a character.  That should deal with the problem around deleting the character in order to reconstruct it with a corrected/changed name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users