3DXChat Community

deleting a character not returning 10k xgold?

GeorgeGr

Hello again,

I recently deleted a character to create another one. The character that I deleted was purchased with 10000 xgold.

Shouldn't I get those 10000 xgold back? I had to spend another 10000 to create the char that I wanted.

Regards,

George

I think you should not be allowed to delete a character (if you only have 1) unless you have the sufficient amount of XGold to make a new one otherwise you get trapped in this situation and cannot create a character nor collect the daily XGold reward and thus cannot play the game at all unless you spend more money, even if you're still a subscription customer.

In all fairness I think this should be clarified and the person this happened to should get a free character or at least have the old one undeleted if that is indeed the case that he cannot play anymore.

I think you should not be allowed to delete a character (if you only have 1) unless you have the sufficient amount of XGold to make a new one otherwise you get trapped in this situation and cannot create a character nor collect the daily XGold reward and thus cannot play the game at all unless you spend more money, even if you're still a subscription customer.

In all fairness I think this should be clarified and the person this happened to should get a free character or at least have the old one undeleted if that is indeed the case that he cannot play anymore.

Unless it has changed, it's impossible to delete the last character on your account.

If you want to delete your character on slot 1, you have to have a character at least on both slot 1 and 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I just succumbed to this too.

I bought gold to make a second character but spelt the name wrong. So I just backed out and deleted it so I could re-do it and then BAM no more character.

Why didn't they add a box that notifies you that this is permanent? I was under the assumption that the 10k gold cost was for a character slot, not the entire character itself.

So yeah, it would be nice if it explained this before you press delete rather than the basic "You sure? yes/no".

I bought gold to make a second character but spelt the name wrong. So I just backed out and deleted it so I could re-do it and then BAM no more character.

Why didn't they add a box that notifies you that this is permanent? I was under the assumption that the 10k gold cost was for a character slot, not the entire character itself.

So yeah, it would be nice if it explained this before you press delete rather than the basic "You sure? yes/no".

I did the same thing when I came back, I wanted to change my name and found out that it was permanent deletion... I was lucky that I had the 10K to remake the Avi with my new name....

• 4 weeks later...

True . Every game have this warning .

I still don't understand the logic and rationale behind having a charge in the first place. The stated reasons are cop-outs and all I see are cons outweighing the pros of this decision.

*pays $20 for sub*

*gets excited, makes new character, choosing a name that suits my personality* "Can't wait to make my bio... This is excitinggggg!"

*misspells name* "Shit, let me redo..

*can't delete character* "Uhhhh..."

*can't create new character* "What the fuck?"

*researches how to make new character* "$12.49 to buy 10k worth of XGold... I want a refund, this costs more than half of the ACTUAL subscription..."

Sorry, you're fucked. :)

I paid £50 for a man to mow my lawn then decided I didn't want the grass that short, so could I have my money back?

What do you mean 'No'?!?

Way of the world, I'm afraid.

Good one..but its not the same.

What George means i guess...is that he lost the slot..Which would mean that..You payed the man..but when the wind blew the grass was blown away.

The question shouldnt be the "refun" of the 10k  but the "where s the charakter slot i purchesed" :P

To keep the slot would be nice, honestly.

I would be interested in hearing if the ones that wanted the alt creation to not be free are pleased by how the situation evolved.

Is there less drama ? or was it a bad choice ?

Because for roleplayers, it was a very bad thing for sure. No doubt.

I think the first slot should be free to remake a character, ONLY if it is the ONLY character you have, since you pay 20.00 a month FOR THAT SLOT!!!  Having to pay 10k for the only character you have is BULLS*$T!!!  IMO :)

But yes having to pay for a character when you already have your sub, the sub itself should allow for you to have a single character, and if you misspell the name, no biggie remake because you should be able too.

Now all this is assuming you only have the single character, if you have 2 characters and you want to delete first toon, you have to pay for, because you have another.  Only single character players or new subscribers is what i'm saying.

M.

sorry if I rambled there.  Love the game.  /me waves bubye

To keep the slot would be nice, honestly.

I would be interested in hearing if the ones that wanted the alt creation to not be free are pleased by how the situation evolved.

Is there less drama ? or was it a bad choice ?

Because for roleplayers, it was a very bad thing for sure. No doubt.

I have seen some posts regarding drama since the charge was implemented. They were taken down of course. So to me it did not seem to help but I don't see the charge going away because ka-ching. 

Disclaimer: I have not been in world in months so I have no idea but even when I was I still had no idea most of the time. lol

Good one..but its not the same.

What George means i guess...is that he lost the slot..Which would mean that..You payed the man..but when the wind blew the grass was blown away.

The question shouldnt be the "refun" of the 10k  but the "where s the charakter slot i purchesed" :P

I think it is more like this....  I paid for and own a yard.... I plant green grass on it.... Then change my mind and want blue grass on it.... I remove the green grass and it turns out that my yard is gone too... See the point...