3DXChat Community

How deep is your Love

Bing

Love Q&A  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How real can Love become in Virtual Worlds?

• I don't think it can become real Love ever!
    • I don't care about it really i just want to have fun!
    • I think it can become real Love with real feelings!
    • I felt in real Love with someone and we are now happy together IRL!
    • I don't know

It truly depends on the person behind the avi and whether they believe real love can exist through verbal communication.

MY STORY

I was a player and creator at another virtual world known as "IMVU". I've met thousands of people, some became wonderful friends, others became lovers, many became FORGOTTEN.... but... through all those people I met 3 different men there that FIT me... and you know when someone FITS you .. So long story short... I met a man ... we dated virtually for 9 months... with phone conversations, phone sex... pics.... and one day we decided we needed to meet... WE did... 7 months living together.. Kicked him out because he lied to me about NOT being MARRIED... two weeks later found out I was pregnant.... HAD A son... and never heard from the loser AGAIN... BUT....

I HAVE A FABULOUS LIFE..... and I do BELIEVE true love, real love can be found through virtual world games....... :)

Omg what shit timing this thread is loool

Ok... I can absolutely confirm that an online relationship can involve very real feelings. Anyone who claims otherwise simply hasn't experienced it.

However, the bigger challenge is bringing together lives that may be separated by miles, oceans and circumstances. It simply isn't easy to merge two completely separate lives, however determined the two parties are. The obstacles to long term real life happiness are as strong as the feelings of love. It's easier to dream than to make it work irl.

Sadly I know exactly how unfair the world can be when two ppl only want to be together but circumstances won't allow it to happen. It's a bitter pill to swallow and the fallout is every bit as bad as a real life break up.

I do think ppl should be aware of the challenges when starting an online relationship. Whether someone should reject the chance of short term happiness because of the long term risk of pain is an individual decision. Would I go back and turn down the chance to enjoy fantastic memories because a relationship ultimately is doomed not to progress beyond the virtual world? Absolutely not.

Online relationships can be wonderful, confidence building and stabilising experiences. It mattered hugely to me that I was important to someone, that someone would lose track of their studies or work in the middle of the day to think of me, or that someone would look forward to seeing me at the end of a shit day. Just like real life, in fact... :)

depends really on if its actually love. You will find alot people that are not actually in love but  are in love with the idea of being in love. they arent hard to spot, They go from relationship to relationship going on about how in love they are after 5 minutes with the person. Do i think you can fall for someone online, Sure but its rare. At least true feelings. Just in my opinion

It truly depends on the person behind the avi and whether they believe real love can exist through verbal communication.

MY STORY

I was a player and creator at another virtual world known as "IMVU". I've met thousands of people, some became wonderful friends, others became lovers, many became FORGOTTEN.... but... through all those people I met 3 different men there that FIT me... and you know when someone FITS you .. So long story short... I met a man ... we dated virtually for 9 months... with phone conversations, phone sex... pics.... and one day we decided we needed to meet... WE did... 7 months living together.. Kicked him out because he lied to me about NOT being MARRIED... two weeks later found out I was pregnant.... HAD A son... and never heard from the loser AGAIN... BUT....

I HAVE A FABULOUS LIFE..... and I do BELIEVE true love, real love can be found through virtual world games....... :)

Dramatic Story, thanks for sharing it  tho!

This shows how deep Love can go in a virtual world and how it even can be hurtfull!

At the End, glad you have Fabulous Life.

Much Love and Blessings! Bing

depends really on if its actually love. You will find alot people that are not actually in love but  are in love with the idea of being in love. they arent hard to spot, They go from relationship to relationship going on about how in love they are after 5 minutes with the person. Do i think you can fall for someone online, Sure but its rare. At least true feelings. Just in my opinion

Fact is the online world is a little different - because you only have the other player's personality to get to know, as opposed to being led by their appearance (which irl is the first thing 95% of people notice), when you do experience that 'click' it's more likely to be genuine.

But yes, there are players who overuse the word 'love', then move onto their next 'new love' a week later... lol.

Omg what shit timing this thread is loool

Ok... I can absolutely confirm that an online relationship can involve very real feelings. Anyone who claims otherwise simply hasn't experienced it.

However, the bigger challenge is bringing together lives that may be separated by miles, oceans and circumstances. It simply isn't easy to merge two completely separate lives, however determined the two parties are. The obstacles to long term real life happiness are as strong as the feelings of love. It's easier to dream than to make it work irl.

Sadly I know exactly how unfair the world can be when two ppl only want to be together but circumstances won't allow it to happen. It's a bitter pill to swallow and the fallout is every bit as bad as a real life break up.

I do think ppl should be aware of the challenges when starting an online relationship. Whether someone should reject the chance of short term happiness because of the long term risk of pain is an individual decision. Would I go back and turn down the chance to enjoy fantastic memories because a relationship ultimately is doomed not to progress beyond the virtual world? Absolutely not.

Online relationships can be wonderful, confidence building and stabilising experiences. It mattered hugely to me that I was important to someone, that someone would lose track of their studies or work in the middle of the day to think of me, or that someone would look forward to seeing me at the end of a shit day. Just like real life, in fact... :)

I am sorry about the timing :)

But what you have written is truth, thanks for sharing it!

Much Love and Blessings! Bing

In my own opinion, I do believe it is very much possible to have this kind of love, become something more real, going from virtual to physical. I have personally known people who have met here in 3DX who now live together in real life happily and I am happy to hear that. When some people say that it is impossible it is Virtual like all things, indeed that may be the case, but it depends if you want to go out of your comfort zone and explore more possibilities of love and companionship. But it all knuckles down to the people involved, some may want just a virtual relationship due to RL circumstances, others may want a Virtual Relationship because they need a past time and know nothing physical will ever come of it. Which is perfectly fine.

There are others, who believe love can branch out in to a physical thing, over virtual .Which is also good, and like I say I have seen people personally meet here who are now together in RL. :)

But as others have said above there is a big difference in being "In Love" and "In Love with the thought of being In Love" but if you are willing to make time for just the one person only and not go from one person to another, and do things behind their backs, when they are not around, it can wholeheartedly be possible. =] If there is a will there is a way as the saying goes. :)

I have played MMORPGs online since 1999 (I started with Ultima Online). I have met dozens of people from online over those years. I have known dozens of couples who met because of playing together online. 

My own experiences with online love turning to real life love though are not positive experiences. In my case, I found myself in love with people who never existed, I don't mean that I was 'cat fished' or anything like that. What I mean is, that the people I had been talking to online had tried their best to describe themselves, had written as well as they could to describe who and what they were about. Tried to lay bare their soul... But... There are just some things people can't truly be honest with themselves about enough to include in their written descriptions. I know that I was guilty of this as well. We see ourselves differently than others see us, so it is just not possible to accurately write our own bio. What I mean by that.... People have faults that they don't consider faults but others would see as major issues. Maybe you are a slob, you stink, you are lazy, you are gross (picking your nose, farting, socially awkward type things), you are loud, you hyper sensitive, you a total fucking shit bag psycho (one of my own experiences).... But!

I do know that other people get lucky! Just as with any other kind of relationships, sometimes two people that can work (people that are living together compatible as well as sexually, romantically, etc) because of luck do find each other this way. It just hasn't happened for me so i am jaded and bitter about it. Which is why! I just at some point decided to stop meeting people from online anymore. Screw that.

i am really curious how people think about real love in virtual worlds.

For me that sentence really sound weird, imho real love is for real life.

But i know that many ppl like mix virtual world with real world. so what you are asking depends on ppl and what they are looking for in here.

For me that sentence really sound weird, imho real love is for real life.

But i know that many ppl like mix virtual world with real world. so what you are asking depends on ppl and what they are looking for in here.

In my opinion real Love starts from inside, inside your spirit/soul no matter whats between it. Love doesn't need a Virtual Enviroment nor a Physical Enviroment. It is more the match between a couple on a spiritual basement, sure many people look on physicals stats, but thats not real love, cause real Love is a nonmaterialistic/nonphysical thing.

Thanks for your reply

Much Love and Blessings. Bing

I don't think that real love exists virtually. I think that you can form bonds and meaningful relationships but real love needs to be nurtured and part of that is having something tangible, something physical. I think that you can be infatuated and maybe confuse that with love. It is one of the reasons people move from one virtual to the next so quickly, it wasn't something real. It was maybe an infatuation that was confused with the real thing. Infatuation can sometimes give you that same high but it is not the same if you get what I mean. I have been in love in real life. I will tell you that it is a lot different than the infatuation I may have had virtually. So my opinion comes from my experience. I am just one person, so I cannot speak for others. It is just my belief that you need a physical connection for real, meaningful, deep love to be realized in a relationship. Not just sex but just being together, talking while reading body language and making eye contact, holding each other, etc.. Infatuation can happen in real life as well but in virtual it moves a lot faster which adds to my belief that love is not possible here.

In my opinion real Love starts from inside, inside your spirit/soul no matter whats between it. Love doesn't need a Virtual Enviroment nor a Physical Enviroment. It is more the match between a couple on a spiritual basement, sure many people look on physicals stats, but thats not real love, cause real Love is a nonmaterialistic/nonphysical thing.

Thanks for your reply

Much Love and Blessings. Bing

also depend on what way you see this place\game.

for many this is just a game, for other is more then just a game, but like someone said everything is relative :)

that a hard question, cant answer with one choice, so i will take 2 

- I don't care about it really i just want to have fun!
- I think it can become real Love with real feelings!

i thinks that love can come out of a IG relation, love can come from anywhere... we all know it ^^

that rare, in 10 more year of social gaming SL/RLC/etc... i have see 99+% of IG relation go to drama :P, but i see some become real and lasting too, even if it was very few.

so even if its hard and a big taking risk and lot of breaking egg in the path, that alway posible ^^ never lost hope

and personaly, i dont care about love, i'm in 3DX exclusively for the fun, because... i have already a hubby irl ^^, so i dont play little couple IG i fled it, lol, and try to be clear that it's no use to love me IG, i dont want to hurt anyone

I prefer not telling feelings I've experimented with someone i really had something deep for her here, because after what happened to me in game, I feel like a shit and it seem I been fooled in fact. I do not believe in love here if we don't share on webcam and still hidding in pseudoymous caracter .Those pretending it's possible to meet love , are those chatting front of webcam in real time i think.Anyway, i play here only as roleplayer and will never share some of my real feelings with anyone. I Got my lesson. too hurting it is when close relation ended badly.( I thought it was ,but i was wrong, i think my love relation in that game since the first meet it was all fake played by a real pro in mindplay game)

I prefer not telling feelings I've experimented with someone i really had something deep for her here, because after what happened to me in game, I feel like a shit and it seem I been fooled in fact. I do not believe in love here if we don't share on webcam and still hidding in pseudoymous caracter .Those pretending it's possible to meet love , are those chatting front of webcam in real time i think.Anyway, i play here only as roleplayer and will never share some of my real feelings with anyone. I Got my lesson. too hurting it is when close relation ended badly.( I thought it was ,but i was wrong, i think my love relation in that game since the first meet it was all fake played by a real pro in mindplay game)

Fair enough

I haven't experienced an online relationship so I can only go on things I have seen.

I have seen 2 couples in 3DXChat who have got together in rl and can't really say how it turned out, only that the last time I spoke to them it seemed to be going ok.

My experience with love though can show something that may shed a little light on things.

I spent years loving someone before I actually got together with him.

For that whole time I think if things had not worked out and he had found someone else it will have hurt but I could have easily gone on and found someone else.

I fell in love with him through things he did for me that showed how much he cared and the sort of person he is.

What I want to point out is how much stronger that love got when we actually got together and then again when we made love.

I think the bond of love goes in stages to the different events involved that we all go through.

In 3DXChat I think what people find in there is like the 1st stage, similar to what I felt before we actually did get together.

To me that is apparent because of how quickly people seem to get over a relationship and find someone else.

If the love was as deep as it gets in real life in a relationship I don't think that would happen.

If the couple have been honest with each other it most definitely can go further and develop into a real life relationship.

I think it is possible to get to know someone well enough in a virtual world or through any form of communications to know if they are compatible or not. 

For someone looking to take things further from something in a virtual world they need to make sure they have been honest about their real life.

As it was written...Love that comes out from a game seems impossible , only untill we experience it. I personally did, five months ago . With a wonderfuL person, a wonderfUl girl. we beCame best frIends, talked A lot, shared a LOt about our real life. and we are completely hoNest with each other. If you skip DOing these things, that love woNt be completed as trust wont build up of nothing. Gotta place the bricks one by one. Enjoying online sex with someone doesnt mean you are in love, if you talk a lot with someone doesnt mean you are in love. Love comes when it comes and you all going to feel it, or already did. Cant describe it in a post, i hope i dont even have to , coz some of you know what im talking about. It comes and u have polish it, protect it at all cost. I never been seeking love...thats just wrong....and in september this girl just jumped into my life and boom...all turned into a dream, which turned into reality later. Emails, phone calls, lots of texts, daily online chat, real dates etc. and yeah Im  old enough to know what is love...not a 16 to play with the meaning of this word " love " . I am in love...and enjoying it a lot. Dont be afraid of experiencing it, coz trust me it feels wonderful. But do not seek it, coz you might find pain only. I see ourselves lucky as we are both from London, so online gaming has a chance to give you love, but not letting you meet the one as distance or timezones etc. 

So my answer is yes and talking about my real experience. IT is very possible. Havent found it yet? do not worry, you will. :)

I don't think real love happens as often as some people would like to think in 3DX. I see so many where they meet and a week later they are madly in love, the week after that they are married, and then a couple weeks or maybe couple of months later they are divorced. I know this is cynical of me and I may have been guilty myself in my most lonely moments of jumping to decisions too quickly. Having said that, there is no harm done, and sometimes if it is quick and it is right then it doesn't matter. So to answer the question, MAYBE real love can exist in here, but I don't think it happens very often and if that is your soul purpose for being on 3DX then very good luck to you. I personally don't think this is the ideal platform for meeting love for the simple reason that people come here for many different reasons, unlike a dating website where everyone is pretty much looking for love as a prerequisite.

For me, I am not looking for real life love. For those who know me well, know that things in real life that turned my whole world upside down, which is what brought me to this game. I have been in relationships in 3DX, not for real life love, but for companionship. That one person who can always make you laugh and smile even on your lowest days. That one person who will always spend time with you and listen to you when they are online. For me, that is the most important thing. My friends and relationships have helped me remain positive and I will be eternally grateful to them and they know who they are.

Simple answer: Everyones situation is different, so I don't think there is one simple answer to the original question.

OMG! 64.58% of ppl's playing this game believe it can become real love with real feeling, ok, that mean I must revise my position on HOW I PLAY HERE and on what I'm looking for in this game in fact, If i believe the result, that mean over 75% of ppl's playing this game looking for REAL LOVE and REAL FEELINGS  in many different ways and take this game REALLY SERIOUS, so ,the way i play here I will hurt for sure at 100%, i think I'm better to leave this game and uninstall it from my PC, lot more ppl's around will feel MUCH BETTER to see a person like me quitting this game cause I'm really not suitable and will never fit with anyone in roleplaying cause I'm a fucking fake one and shitty Troll ass like MANY already told me. I'm not at my place.

Don't know if this game platform will become a new dating site, but by the way result going, i think many ppl's will find they're lover. Good luck ppl's in your new love relation. I think it's no longer the right place for me and to avoid hurting again other SERIOUS players, i must get out.

Have fun.

i think you miss-interpret the poll Briana ^^

he ask if we "thinks" that love is possible IG, not if we search it IG, that a great difference ^^

Well said Thanks for that!

To Briana no need to leave the Game :)