3DXChat Community

Merging of the old zones due to lack of population and bad art direction.

Riela

So since the feedback part of forums isn't allowed for new discussions.

I wonder with the sudden introduction of the new " fresco " club and the rising popularity of user rooms.

Perhaps it would be time to do something about old zones so ... they don't look like one big unfinished product which might scare new people.

honestly.. looks bad imho.

The idea was by the user > http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/user/7988-kimmyfox/

KimmyFox. If she want she can rewrite this topic and make it hers.

Why merge?

• Yacht is purely unfinished there's empty floor on it with nothing in it. It barely have 2 or 3 people in it at any time. Empty in morning (EU) night (US)
  • Beach have long water area unused as people only swim to island and back.
  • The old NC barely have traffic any time and mostly sex rooms are used from what I noticed.
  • Sin club is full most of the time.
  • Love Island is okay at the moment I would say.
  • New fresco club breaks aesthetic of the whole game, Others zone are small and unfinished as well dead most of the time. This would bring them in line and make the game feel more alive and more in line with everything else.

So what could be done?

beach + yacht:

Parking the yacht somewhere on the cove of the beach, Letting people swim to it. This would increase population of both zones.

Yacht would no longer feel like abandoned product. Beach wouldn't get big traffic increase but it would make zone look huge.

Old NC + Sin Club:

Suggestion was that sinclub would be located under stairs of old Nightclub ...something along the way of second floor in fresco.

This would make zones more packed, best thing would be if each floor could have different music but transition should be seamless without any loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we seen Fresco is big laggy and nameplates can be issue. This could be solved that only certain nameplates appear, the further from character the more transparent their nameplate would be until it vanishes. F5 would still work as usual.

Now why this needs it's own topic? Because I want it noticeable!

/discuss

Great point and idea would solve the jump in jump out problem to find people to interact other than user rooms or WC (World Chat not WC toilet lol )

different music in same venue tho without loading it is a dream far from possible in a virtual world ( no walls hun)

Why do you want more people in the same place = lagging ?

That's up to developers to solve, It shouldn't lag period. I gave them solution on nameplates. Would remove some of the lag for sure.

The 3 people that are on yacht would be moved to beach would not increase the lag one bit.

Why do you want whole game to have 1 to 3 people on each zone, People will think this game is dead.

Lag shouldn't be issue it's dev spaghetti code and up to them to fix it. My WoW doesn't lag with 40 people on me, I don't know why 3DX  should.

It also looks awful compared to new zone, one that's big and full compared to one unfinished ( no furniture or props on second floor of yacht) with zero people.

Honestly think its better to just merged sin club and night club make and exclussive luxury lounger sex club, with dance floor bars and play rooms and a BDSM dungeon. Don't see reason now reason we need to buff night club then have it compete with new club over traffic, better to say new club place for dancing and socializing.

Merge night and sin then make that a dance/sex club so each crowd would go to their respectable favorite type clubs, this might even bring some people in user room clubs back in public space mingling instead of exclusive being in their own sub parallel space of the community.

Think point of public location should be mostly to create hubs for people to socialize, but obviously some those spot lack something part community feel they need. Why else would you see so many user room clubs that make up their own tight crowd getting somewhat isolated out there.

I know some set on ideas of continuing some already ongoing spiral, but to be honest when ever i go to dev made locations its always same people i see. My worry is there a huge oversight in what part community want so they make their own playgrounds out in user room to fill out that void, don't think its healthy to have parts the community isolate themselves.

Devs designed location should appeal broadly to everyone create spots where different subscribers mingle, the fact you always see same people at those same spots tell that it not working. My guess is because many those spots don't really offer enough naughtiness less you wanna floor fuck, think there should be options but to go some places without sex in fixed location and some with it.

Seems like general thought was to make location without or with mild sex happening then user pulling their partners home privately, while large part community wants voyeurism and exhibitionism. Its obvious if you look around but it seem to go for deaf ears every time a change is applied in here.

Good Idea but I see this a bit critical because we have then only four public Locations and I think the Members will complain for more Locations.

The other question is the Music for this Locations?

Mix NC Music (70s, 80s, 90s) with SinClub (Rock and similar) music?

I wonder with the sudden introduction of the new " fresco " club and the rising popularity of user rooms.

Perhaps it would be time to do something about old zones so ... they don't look like one big unfinished product which might scare new people.

Why merge?

• Yacht is purely unfinished there's empty floor on it with nothing in it. It barely have 2 or 3 people in it at any time. Empty in morning (EU) night (US)
  • The old NC barely have traffic any time and mostly sex rooms are used from what I noticed.
  • New fresco club breaks aesthetic of the whole game, Others zone are small and unfinished as well dead most of the time. This would bring them in line and make the game feel more alive and more in line with everything else.

So what could be done?

beach + yacht:

Parking the yacht somewhere on the cove of the beach, Letting people swim to it. This would increase population of both zones.

Yacht would no longer feel like abandoned product. Beach wouldn't get big traffic increase but it would make zone look huge.

Old NC + Sin Club:

Suggestion was that sinclub would be located under stairs of old Nightclub ...something along the way of second floor in fresco.

This would make zones more packed, best thing would be if each floor could have different music but transition should be seamless without any loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we seen Fresco is big laggy and nameplates can be issue. This could be solved that only certain nameplates appear, the further from character the more transparent their nameplate would be until it vanishes. F5 would still work as usual.

/discuss

Great idea. Sure it may reduce the number of locations but what good are they if they are dead anyway? Besides that, make different locations and upgrade homes. Someone suggested a park. I also thinking it would be nice to add areas that are accessible by walking to them. Someone mentioned a back alley or opening the wooded area of the beach. That could be a good location to build a park from then create trails to where people could walk to it but also have a map to go directly to a landing point.

beach + yacht:

Old NC + Sin Club:

I think the idea to merge NC and sin is great!

I wouldn't bring in sin as basement though, but would like to see a connection, like a small part or a outdoor street. This way you could walk out of front door of NC, walk down a street, and at its end could go into sin.

This road could become a connecting part of most areas... the new club could be added as well, also a park, a caffee, a back alley, library, bath house, theater, cinema, you name it...

What I would like to see is that all public areas are connected. You could connect beach / yacht / LI via a tourist office e.g. also you could make a lobby of an appartment house which leads to home1 and 2...

regarding yacht / beach:

yes I agree, a yacht at beach would be awesome! as a non-pro I say: the model exists, so just put it there! But I would want to see the original yacht kept. I like the solitude there :)

Why merge?

So what could be done?

beach + yacht:

Old NC + Sin Club:

/discuss

I think this is actually a great idea! All the areas are so dull now compared to the lovely new Fresco the devs gave us<3 (BTW thank you for Fresco it is wonderful). I really hope this idea happens or isnt to hard to do bc it would be sweeeeeeet!  Then if they add new locations they can make them into something as good as Fresco and the ones they combined! Wonderful ideas!!! Everyone is happy <3

It really is a wonderful idea, since it would make the old zones be up to par with Fresco. My personal recommendation tho' would be the following merges:

• Beach + Yacht - This simply sounds amazing and it would make the two sub-zones feel complete.
  • Love Island + Yacht - Same reasoning with the previous merge, only this time we would be having a yacht in night time!
  • NC - This one requires more explaining so here it goes, in my opinion it seems pointless to have two night clubs. Instead, they could take the unique areas that NC has right now and implement them to Sin Club and Fresco. As in, implement the dark room and back room areas to Sin Club and the bathroom area to Fresco.

All in all, a splendid idea and I hope we will see it implemented by our wonderful Devs in the near future :3

I am not personally crazy about Sin and NC being joined as one 'building' Sin has a big enough identity crisis as is. A alley between with a stairway going down below ground to Sin? ok sure. There was some buzz about a alley zone at one time anyways. If Sin and NC get some serious polish work done then both zones will do better. This is just my opinion though ^.^ please put the fetish into Sin and more BDSM poses to boot.

Why merge?

So what could be done?

beach + yacht:

Old NC + Sin Club:

/discuss

Alternately, I'd suggest maybe adding day/night cycles to the outdoor areas and combining all of the "water" areas into one.  Make Love Island a part of the beach backdrop, perhaps, and add the yacht to one of the empty coves and fill in the landscape a bit more to suit it, including maybe a dock and some structures.  Or alternatively, two versions of the yacht.  One at Love Island for a night time setting, one on the beach for a day time setting.  One thing I do know is the empty rooms in the yacht definitely need some attention.  The one below deck could be set up with a bed, and the mid deck could be decorated with some couches, chairs, and maybe a steering set up, even if it's just for looks, to give us a better sense of immersion.

As for Sin Club and the old Night Club, combining them would be nice, though I don't much care for the thought of losing the rock music for Sin Club with such a combination.  Maybe start making some of the doors in the clubs interactive so it "zones" to a different spot and allows for different radio feeds.  Such as the back door to the old NC may lead to the Sin Club, which has a door in its entryway.  And it would be nice to have that empty dark side room of the old NC get some love, have some furnishing added, etc.  Same with the two back rooms of Sin Club.  And damnit, add some animations to the bench with the cross on it.  That thing has the potential for some epic animations!

Finally, on your idea about nameplates, I like the thought of making it so you only see those within a certain distance.  Or perhaps give us an option in settings to turn them off, offer a real sense of anonymity and immersion.  Or at least set them to only show on mouse over or something similar like your idea.

Anyway, just a few of my variations on your ideas, which I thought were great.

I'm too tired to write a constructive opinion, but I'll say this:

Yes

sick n tiered of writn any sort of constructive opinions here meanwhile in the forum due occasionally whineWars...but again, yes to the mergn yacht and beach! sin & nc: rework, extend and only merge if sins part stays on rock music and old nc on other music like the newerly wished stuff or even better: finally connect'em with a 3dx mainstreet like in this link example and like so freakn many ppl pointed out and wished in the last years and months spread all over this forum!

edit: but dont do it before some long awaited poses or bdsm stuff (4 those ppl that want and needed it) is released in between gizmo, otherwise we'll really drown in tearlakes, flamewars and riots inhere...just sayin n typin

nice weekend @ll

I think this is a great idea. The merging of the suggested areas would actually reduce lag by creating/reinvigorating old spaces into new ones, bringing more people that are now just flooding into Fresco and causing lag there and spreading them out over a few really good areas.

The issue at the moment is that most people go to these areas, see they are empty and then leave, giving us a bunch of empty areas and one or two crowded ones like Fresco and Sin.

With more decorating options becoming available I think we will continue to see more and more people shifting into the private rooms as people test their creativity, leaving the majority of the public areas empty. I'd rather see the areas merged as suggested in this thread and then another private room created, with more decorating and custom options added. We already get a lot of great rooms popping up, adding a 3rd layout will just increase this even further and I think give the developers more time to work on poses, clothes, game functions while players spend their time creating rooms and keeping ourselves entertained that way instead of asking for new spaces all the time.

YES!! I'm a fan of the Main Street idea. That not only consolidates worlds, but in so doing adds another. Alleys, benches, street parties it opens up potential.

As Al Fresco is usually densely populated, maybe there could be a digital buffering zone before going in to separate the worlds and make sure lag doesn't occur?

If any of the water scenes are merged, I would ask for a faster form of transportation besides swimming. Could we maybe have WAVERUNNERS?!?! :D. (Also waverunner sex?!?)

Also love the idea of weather situations and solar cycles.

• 2 weeks later...

Or when new club densely population cause lack they should do like some other mmo, like SWTOR did. Make phases, when population in zone reach a set limit that does not induce lag, those joining after will get into a replica/mirror phase of existing club just with different people inside that first. Till population drop in first etc..

If they can't work around lag issues this may be a reasonable solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Why merge?

So what could be done?

beach + yacht:

Old NC + Sin Club:

/discuss

This merge is a very good idea. I have also thought that areas like NC, Sin & even the yacht for those who don't mind its navigation issue would have made for good additions to a members own design needs... The NC could be a great side property for any serious DJ to have his private/public parties. The Sin Club i feel would be no different if offered to the membership who enjoys that area. The yacht perfect for the private/friends only home away from your home location. Many complain these maps are dead & unfurnished. Give them to us. We will design them. :)

I like Veros Idea with connection all locations with a street. Would make this world more real.

And new locations can be added to it.

Like a ShoppingMall. A room where you can improve youre Ava with Tattoos, Piercings, new cloths and such stuff.

And who wouldn't like to have some excitements inside a changing room. *giggles*

I posted this sometime back (and again recently in another thread). Sorry if you are sick of it ;)
The implication is that you travel on the Wish Pearl where there is access somehow (through a door on each of two of the levels?) to the Night Club and Sin Club (Fresco didn't exist at that time and, frankly, I wish it didn't now).
The boat would stop at the island at the Beach, somewhere at Love Island and other places on the (currently hidden) world. Fresco could be accessible through one of those places.
When you logoff you can have the option of staying where you are or porting to one of your own rooms. You can port to and from anywhere from your own rooms but movement between public spaces is by zoning directly.

3dxmap.jpg

• 1 year later...