3DXChat Community

Gifts/Profile editor

GeorgeGr

Hello,

I know that it's not in your highest priorities, but please consider the following:

1) Rich Text Editor in profile editor and gifts

I believe we all know what kind of trouble editing our profiles and gifts is needed when we want to use colors or different sizes on text.

OK it's not so much trouble for me (but still takes more time) but it's like rocket science to some people.

So, since you support colors and sizes, why not just add a rich text editor in the profile editor and gifts so that we can be more creative with our messaging? Also, add some basic UTF characters like hearts, stars smiles etc in the rich text editor.

2) Do not allow us to use more characters than allowed in gifts

Most of us have discovered with the hard way that there is a limit to the number of characters we can use in gifts.

Which means:

Scenario A: We spend 10 minutes on composing a nice gift message with colors and everything and then (after we already spend 300 xgold) we discover that the message gets cropped and some tag becomes broken and the message is basically ugly to read, plain white and with the hex codes and tags unparsed.

Scenario B: We compose a nice long gift message and after we spend 300 xgold again, we discover that only half of the message is displayed and all the meaning of the message is lost.

In both scenarios we are obligated to re-send and re-spend 300 xgold to correct the message and make it shorter and ask our friend to delete the broken one.

So, please add limits (like a counter that tells us how many more characters are left) and add a rich text editor to make our lives easier :)

Regards

• 4 months later...

Let me add my IMHO about sending gift + Colorful HTM at the present.

Yes, mostly did. Except in Russian and Thai Language.

If sending with English or other Languages, They worked fine.

I felt like I was an idiot to send combination of either Russian or Thai language.

All of them were failed ><"

Reflect with Abundant Stupid HTML code in White color text.

Even if they worked very well before.

Is there was any option to check the colorful text before we submitting those gifts.

So, we won't waste any sending failure gift (300 gold cost).

BTW, I don't care about gold expense but I don't want to loose my face, for sure.

:(  :(  :(

If DEV said yes, It would be handy for us.

Cheers.

2) Do not allow us to use more characters than allowed in gifts

Most of us have discovered with the hard way that there is a limit to the number of characters we can use in gifts.

Which means:

Scenario A: We spend 10 minutes on composing a nice gift message with colors and everything and then (after we already spend 300 xgold) we discover that the message gets cropped and some tag becomes broken and the message is basically ugly to read, plain white and with the hex codes and tags unparsed.

Scenario B: We compose a nice long gift message and after we spend 300 xgold again, we discover that only half of the message is displayed and all the meaning of the message is lost.

In both scenarios we are obligated to re-send and re-spend 300 xgold to correct the message and make it shorter and ask our friend to delete the broken one.

So, please add limits (like a counter that tells us how many more characters are left) and add a rich text editor to make our lives easier :)

This would be especially super nice!

So, you want to pre load the RT editor every time someone looks Profile.

This operation - Viewing Profile - plenty of hits to the database (search user/user profile/user gallery/user gifts/ counters/ load profile text/ gallery/gifts/ counters) and traffic (gallery/gifts) of the game server . Now do you want to additional hit server - load RT editor. Add 10-13 requests  to game DB, and load about 1-2 mB traffic from server (RT editor).

For only one view one profile from one user )

Hm...

It seems to me that these additional requests to the game database can be used for something a little more substantial :)

• 4 weeks later...