3DXChat Community

update trojan ?

Libellule

just after the update 1 min ago my windows defender bipped and patcher.exe go in quarantine

Trojan:Win32/Varpes.J!plock

Catégorie : Cheval de Troie

Description : Ce programme est dangereux et il exécute des commandes émanant d’une personne malveillante.

Action recommandée : Supprimer immédiatement ce logiciel.

Éléments :
file:E:\3DXChat\Patcher.exe

i'm alone ? is that a false positive ? or a real one ?, never hapenned before this update

Hello,

I have just scanned Patcher.exe with eset nod32 and malwarebytes anti-malware and it seems clean.

Also i scanned it in virustotal and the results are also clean: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/775d6ac6c7d7102a76664166ad1755c9a48f8bee5ed3c42dda44719bacaae6e5/analysis/(0 out of 53 antivirus software)

If defender found it as a virus, I suspect that you have indeed a trojan somewhere else in your computer and it just infected patcher.exe :)

Scan your whole system immediately :)

Don't bother with Windows Defender, awful program. It's about as useful as Norton and Mcafee. Get Avast, it's free. Then get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. These two programs work great at detecting and cleaning your computer, the premium services are cheap too if you wish to get more actions.